What's new

2010 Games Village is best ever in history of CWG: Fennel

Huge boards are covering up slums, you can see it in the RT vid.

Yep, the slums will reappear once the games r over....GoI has just swept the problem under the carpet for 2 weeks!

Actually, people like you disgust me. I just looked at your comment history, and noticed that one of your first comments here was a tirade against India, whining about how India should never have been given the games, and so on. And now when the games are going well, and almost all athletes have expressed satisfaction and happiness with all facilities, you start posting crap about slums and general poverty.

I can understand and distinguish between constructive criticism and a plain anti-India agenda.

Yes, if it is a eye sore you have to remove it.

You guys are masking it!!!!!! Placing the sign board..

To be frank, Delhi is a huge messy city. With this games, they got an opportunity to do a lot of development. The city is looking much better now. But only so much can be done in the given time and money.
Whether one likes it or not, this is India. The county is developing and bettering people's lives. You cannot expect a miracle just because some white guys are coming to play in our country. It is arrogant and rude to post these pics to prove somehow your county is better.

Just like the same we had not destroyed the slums or thrown them out of city,get the facts right or take a chill pill

It's not the same!!! If GOI had provided a better alternative place for this slum dwellers...

Your facts doesn't stand!

Than what is the problem with you??? Behaving like you are innocent of that 'crime'??? :rofl:

So where do u suggest the sponsors and company's who advertise put their board to??

Deep in the jungles ???so that the occasional tiger or maybe a deer sees it and says..

"Hey there is a new soap getting released with cologne fragrance, come on lets all have a shower with it."...

:lol::lol::lol:

No obsession, just trying to figure out why India (my Indian friends also share my thoughts) would want to spend billions on games, surely the money would be better spent on helping your own people who need help the most!
I'm not taking the mickey out of India's poverty, I sure am grateful I don't live in such conditions. I wish India all the best in lifting people out of poverty, however I disagree you are rapidly improving, snails pace is more realistic, considering the rampant corruption & all!

No matter how much of a mess GB is in, our govt will always take care of us.

Well, that is a different topic of debate altogether. But know what? These games have given employment to thousands, and in the balance, when calculated, have actually benefited India. Too lazy to post a link, there is a discussion about it on this site, google it.

To be frank, Delhi is a huge messy city. With this games, they got an opportunity to do a lot of development. The city is looking much better now. But only so much can be done in the given time and money.
Whether one likes it or not, this is India. The county is developing and bettering people's lives. You cannot expect a miracle just because some white guys are coming to play in our country. It is arrogant and rude to post these pics to prove somehow your county is better.

We understand your difficulties!

The basic is to spend wisely.... Proper and clean...

No one is proving to be better than your country but your countryman are so boastful.

No obsession, just trying to figure out why India (my Indian friends also share my thoughts) would want to spend billions on games, surely the money would be better spent on helping your own people who need help the most!

I'm not taking the mickey out of India's poverty, I sure am grateful I don't live in such conditions. I wish India all the best in lifting people out of poverty, however I disagree you are rapidly improving, snails pace is more realistic, considering the rampant corruption & all!

He has no obsession related to India...... :lol:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/search.php?searchid=2131291

And he is from 'England'...... :rofl:

I really wonder to see guys from England, Thailand, France think so much about India that in every posts its low quality India bashing....

Yep, the slums will reappear once the games r over....GoI has just swept the problem under the carpet for 2 weeks!

What is your problem? Are u living in those 'slums'? Maybe you are a reincarnation of Mother Theressa? Only you are not the humble or noble soul she was but an obnoxious idiot? You are here with an ax to grind, right? Well grind away Mr False Flag.

So where do u suggest the sponsors and company's who advertise put their board to??

Deep in the jungles ???so that the occasional tiger or maybe a deer sees it and says..

"Hey there is a new soap getting released with cologne fragrance, come on lets all have a shower with it."...

:lol::lol::lol:

The signboard is affecting the slum people life... When use the signboard and cover them...

Just place the signboard at strategic place... no one is stopping you...
stop the crap of putting in the jungles

Thanks for caring about the Indian poor. But the money spent did not go waste. The city has got better infrastructure and sporting facilities.

According to your logic only the rich country like yours can organize such games? You cannot assume the pace of poverty salivation of India according to your convenience. Do you have facts to prove that our development is 'snail pace'? Get your facts ready before you come here to prove your superiority.

We understand your difficulties!

The basic is to spend wisely.... Proper and clean...

No one is proving to be better than your country but your countryman are so boastful.

Actually, I agree that sometimes, we see overly nationalistic Indians on the internet boasting more than needed. But on this thread, I can't see any evidence of that. And on defence.pk in general, almost all Indians are rational and not boastful at all.

It's not the same!!! If GOI had provided a better alternative place for this slum dwellers...

Your facts doesn't stand!

ur facts r once again wrong, India had raised more than 50 million people in the last decade for a much better living condition,but because some people like u selectively like to view news,u choose to ignore it

Huge boards??What can be the possible dimension of the boards then????

Slums are indeed present in India.Nobody is denying it.It is a country of more than 1 billion population.But then,when a big event like CWG is going on,then it is quite natural to present the city in a better manner.Is there anything wrong with that??People wear some of their best dresses while going to a party or a dinner.The very basic reason is to look more presentable.Now is that something unnatural to do???

While the gaming event is going on,common people and more important, the athletes should concentrate on the games only.

Recently,the Football Worldcup was conducted in Africa.How many people were concerned with the living condition of the Africans in general??

A request to all people who are more than concerned than it is necessary,we are quite capable of taking care of ourselves,please dont poke your nose where it doesnt belong.

The signboard is affecting the slum people life... When use the signboard and cover them...

Just place the signboard at strategic place... no one is stopping you...
stop the crap of putting in the jungles

How is it affecting those people???
Is it affecting their daily sunlight ? is it obstructing their path of travel ?/ are they being caged??/ Is the elctricity and water supply runs through signboard??

Yaa maybe true they cant see the advertisements from backside of the posts.. but hey its ok.. they can have a walk around and see it for themselves...:lol::lol:

Back
Top Bottom