What's new

2 Syrian jets shot down by Turkey

I don't think Iran has the consent of the Pakistani government to snatch Pakistani citizens and induct them into their psycho merc brigades.
We don't recall we snatched anybody. We put an advertisement and they volunteered. Didn't knew Pakistani nationals must have permission from Pakistan government before seeking employment abroad.

We don't recall we snatched anybody. We put an advertisement and they volunteered. Didn't knew Pakistani nationals must have permission from Pakistan government before seeking employment abroad.
"Employment?" Waging war for a foreign state against other foreign states in yet another foreign state is illegal. They could be prosecuted under all kinds of laws, including terrorism laws. There is no way these folks can simply waltz back to Pakistan when they feel like it. It's exactly the same when Europeans who fought for or even just hung out with ISIS get prosecuted upon returning to Europe.

The reason of why the rebellion become so devastated to the country because large part of Syrian army that rationally comes from Sunni background are joining the revolt and make FSA. And if the remaining Syrian army is not helped by Hisbullah, Iranian, and later by Russian, rebel will win the war.
rebels can only win the war if they receive foreign help. you excluded this and i believe that is the most relevant game changer. I dont believe these rebels could have taken out Assad on their own only. They have too much training, too much equipment, too much intelligence, too much tactics, to just be "bandits"... I think many people on this forum just hate the fact that assad is still alive more than the fact that he committed crimes..

"Employment?" Waging war for a foreign state against other foreign states in yet another foreign state is illegal. They could be prosecuted under all kinds of laws, including terrorism laws. There is no way these folks can simply waltz back to Pakistan when they feel like it. It's exactly the same when Europeans who fought for or even just hung out with ISIS get prosecuted upon returning to Europe.
Which waging war .for foreign state
They are employed as security force for lawful government of Syria against foreign terrorists.

Third aircraft is also shot but the pilot managed to turn its base. The aircraft is dead.
Same thing happened to Indians SU-30 over Kashmir. Pilot managed to vector it away despite serious damage. These AIM 120s aren’t doing its job properly. At least the export version.

i think to increase range of bvr warheads used in them are small size and have very low yield which cause less damage to jets as compared to short range air to air missiles
Same thing happened to Indians SU-30 over Kashmir. Pilot managed to vector it away despite serious damage. These AIM 120s aren’t doing its job properly. At least the export version.

i think to increase range of bvr warheads used in them are small size and have very low yield which cause less damage to jets as compared to short range air to air missiles
Material science made tremendous advances in last few decades. I know for a fact that during Iraqi insurgence, IraQi Manpads were almost useless against cargo jets. Jets would takes a direct hit and still be able to make a safe landing, get repaired and take off again.

An objective question please.
Air to air kills or Surface to air? If Air to air Standoff BVRs from Turkish airspace?
Can any one confirm? Lots of speculations going around.
If these are A2A kills then we should be very interested, it surely should be by Turkish F16s.

Air-to-air by F-16 as per reports. It will be very interesting to see if the Russian airforce fights the TuAF. My bet is on the TuAF, they will wipe the floor with the RuAF.

The reason of why the rebellion become so devastated to the country because large part of Syrian army that rationally comes from Sunni background are joining the revolt and make FSA.

It is not true that a large part of the Syrian Army joined the so-called rebels. There were certainly some people like General Salim Idris and the former cosmonaut and fighter pilot Muhammed Faris who joined these ( NATO + GCC supported ) terrorists / rebels.

In 2012 July, the terrorists bombed the National Security Headquarters in Damascus. There was high-level meeting going on. Some of the government / military officers were injured and some died. Why I am saying this is that these officers belonged to different religions and sects.

And if the remaining Syrian army is not helped by Hisbullah, Iranian, and later by Russian, rebel will win the war.

I agree that Hizbollah, PFLP and other militias have been supporting the Syrian Army but we must consider the fact that the Syrian Army is the main defender of Syria. The war has been nine years long.

Don’t talk about things you have no idea about clown. Just don’t.

Right. We all know that NATO consults with you on a daily basis.

stick to your firawn but be remembered you will return to your lord (not assad)

And who are your lords ??

Erdogan ?? Obomba ?? Trump ?? Bliar ?? Sarkozy ??

Air-to-air by F-16 as per reports. It will be very interesting to see if the Russian airforce fights the TuAF. My bet is on the TuAF, they will wipe the floor with the RuAF.
Is this statement based on Rational Analysis or is it just emotional Attachment with Turkey? :-)
I don't think there will be war between Russia and Turkey, Situation is complicated. Both countries are way to strong to be involved in war. In my opinion chances of Real confrontation are close to zero.
But RuAF is no joke. TAF is one of the best air force in the world but I don't think TAF is match against RuAF without NATO Support. Their Flankers and Strategic Bombers Fleet is second to none. But then again their is NATO. and Putin is not an idiot to jump into such needless war neither is Erdogan.

Do you really want Turkey to be occupied by Russia?

I don't think Russia has any intention of occupying Turkey.

Stalins demands for bases controlling the Dardanelles was what made Turkey join NATO.

I believe Putin is following a no-first-aggression strategy but just defending Russia's interests. For example, sending equipment and soldiers to Venezuela.

Turkey have their own interest in Syria, which is in direct conflict with Russia.
Much more than their conflict with the US over Syria.

Well, before 2011 the relations between Syria and Turkey were good, as far as I know. So what changed ?? I don't know.

Is this statement based on Rational Analysis or is it just emotional Attachment with Turkey? :-)
I don't think there will be war between Russia and Turkey, Situation is complicated. Both countries are way to strong to be involved in war. In my opinion chances of Real confrontation are close to zero.
But RuAF is no joke. TAF is one of the best air force in the world but I don't think TAF is match against RuAF without NATO Support. Their Flankers and Strategic Bombers Fleet is second to none. But then again their is NATO. and Putin is not an idiot to jump into such needless war neither is Erdogan.

Not emotional, that's what I really believe.

Russian airforce has junk planes and will be operating in Syria with no direct border. Turkey on the other hand will field several hundered F-16s with AEWC, AWACS etc.

Not emotional, that's what I really believe.

Russian airforce has junk planes and will be operating in Syria with no direct border. Turkey on the other hand will field several hundered F-16s with AEWC, AWACS etc.
su30 Su35 and Mig31 are junk planes?

Iran can legalize it, just like the French Foreign Legion. Iran is a state, not a terrorist group. That's the difference between joining ISIS or fighting alongside Iran against others.

Back
Top Bottom