What's new

2 Syrian jets shot down by Turkey

That scenario STARTs with Russia firing S-400s on Turkish Jets, so it is Russia which is the provoker.
Turkey might respond by taking out a single S-400 launcher.
So far, Russia has not responded to Turkey shooting down multiple Syrian jets,
simply because it would be defocusing, OR because the S-400 is overrated.
I completely trust that Russian-manned S400s can down any fighter jet that enters SYrian airspace.

My alternative theory: downing of fighter jets is VERY controversial these days. Look at the Pakistan- India Balakot incident. Russia can down F16s all day with the s400s, but countries take fighter jet downing as a big provocation that could make some even go to war.

S400 can do its job if asked to. S400 is not a politician and does not understand that word politics. man plays politics with and using S400s.

I completely trust that Russian-manned S400s can down any fighter jet that enters SYrian airspace.

My alternative theory: downing of fighter jets is VERY controversial these days. Look at the Pakistan- India Balakot incident. Russia can down F16s all day with the s400s, but countries take fighter jet downing as a big provocation that could make some even go to war.

S400 can do its job if asked to. S400 is not a politician and does not understand that word politics. man plays politics with and using S400s.

Has the S-400 ever taken out a fighter jet in a conflict?

Don’t think so.

But that is not the issue. The issue is if the S-400 can stay in business for long, if it is within artillery range of an adversary that wants to take it out, and that adversary has access to the exact information of the location of the launcher.

it can’t, so it will only be used to defend the Russian base, not the rest of Syrian air space.

Back
Top Bottom