What's new

2*MIG 35 >> RAFALE/EFT

@Yeti .. it is even on wiki ..

India also has Russian S300 PMU-2 and it is used as an interceptor for ballistic missiles. An indigenous nuclear tipped surface to air missile, Akash Missile is used to destroy low range missiles and is capable of destroying various targets and is one of the few of its kind systems in the world. India has also shown interest in the Russian S-400, the most advanced anti-ballistic missile.

Major part of indian armoury is Russian .So my answer would be why to put all eggs in one basket.

then here the question is, why to put leg/ eggs in so many baskets? :angel: Just compare India with other major non US countries. By 2030, Russia will have only Mig29, SU35/ SU30 with PAK FA which has air frame of Sukhois itself. France had Mirage2000 and now they have closed its production line and will have Mirage2000 and Rafale only till 2030. Germany and Britian with Eurofighter and F35 by 2030. Australia with Super Hornet and F35 by 2030 bla bla. But about India, they will have Mig29s, SU30MKIs, Mirage2000, Rafale, LCA, PAK FA/ FGFA?????? :hang2:

Look, even if China will have only J10s and J20s by 2030, will they not be a able to do their every work by these two aircrafts only, :what:, as till then they will have removed their all the 2nd and 3rd gen aircrafts. (as, if J10b will have few stealth features then SU30MKIs will also be Super Sukhoi? So we would consider all SU30s as one type of aircrafts and all J10s also as one type of aircrafts.)
so, why does IAF want more than 6-7 types of aircrafts but proper specialization in none except LCA and FGFA?

Similarly, S-400 missile defense are better than most of its competitors in the world with engagement of Russia in S-500 also. You have to have proper learning of just one type and build one by your own, like Indian own missile defense, and thats it, you don’t need more than that :no:

The problem was the design of the MRCA tender, which allowed the IAF to buy a fixed number of aircraft that met their requirements, rather than being given a fixed budget to buy as many aircraft as they wanted. The latter method would have better pushed them to use cost effectiveness as a metric.

@Yeti .. it is even on wiki ..

India also has Russian S300 PMU-2 and it is used as an interceptor for ballistic missiles. An indigenous nuclear tipped surface to air missile, Akash Missile is used to destroy low range missiles and is capable of destroying various targets and is one of the few of its kind systems in the world. India has also shown interest in the Russian S-400, the most advanced anti-ballistic missile.

Wiki is not a valid source buddy its a internet rumour it's been out for a while.

Saraswat recounts Russia [Images] was approached first, but the conditions in Russia -- with defence R&D at an all time low -- made the DRDO reject that option. It was then that the Israeli ABM programme -- the Arrow-1, based upon the long-range Green Pine radar --caught the DRDO's eye.

A delegation was sent to Israel, but it was turned down because the Green Pine radar incorporated US technology. But Israel did agree to collaborate with India in building a Long Range Tracking Radar.

Also needed for the system was guidance radar to track the incoming enemy missile. The Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (a DRDO laboratory), explains Saraswat, has developed that radar in collaboration with a French company, Thales.

With the radar problems solved, government sanction was obtained in 1998 to develop an ABM system; the ability to defend against an enemy nuclear strike is believed to undermine deterrence.

But the project remained secret, because an ABM system is controversial. Besides that, says Saraswat, India's nuclear tests that year had tightened international sanctions.

@Yeti you are a senior member .. i have a high regard for you..

here your arguments are not coherent with logic .

India bought these defence systems way back in 2002-03 when there was high tension between India and pakistan to secure high value targets.

@Yeti you are a senior member .. i have a high regard for you..

here your arguments are not coherent with logic .

India bought these defence systems way back in 2002-03 when there was high tension between India and pakistan to secure high value targets.

Buddy I have not read a single confimed source to state this apart from Wiki/FAS which is not accurate, there was a thread on PDF about this topic before also that is why I have doubt.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

The untold story of India's missile defence

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 PM ----------

Business Standard was granted exclusive access to the ABM missile production facilities in Hyderabad, and told the story of how the programme evolved.

It began in 1995, after India learned that Pakistan had obtained the M-9 and M-11 ballistic missiles from China. India already had its own nuclear deterrent in place; the Prithvi missile was ready, and the Agni was being tested.

But Pakistan was considered unpredictable and, in 1996, the MoD asked its Scientific Advisor APJ Abdul Kalam [Images] whether India could quickly develop protection against an incoming Pakistani ballistic missile.

Kalam was already overseeing the Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme; he began feasibility studies on an ABM programme as well. DRDO's first challenge was to develop radar, which could pick up enemy ballistic missiles being launched from up to 300 km away.

The longest range Indian radar was Rajendra, with a range of 60 km, and there simply was no time to develop long-range radar from scratch. The only option was foreign collaboration. Kalam put one of his top scientists, VK Saraswat, in charge.

Russia missile offer again - Times Of India

Russian defence officials said Moscow was offering the long-range S-300V surface-to-air this was back in 2002 but there is nothing to state we have actually bought the system as of yet.

India
Since 1995 India had been negotiating with Russia regarding purchase of the S-300, in response to Pakistan's deployment of M-11 missiles from China. In 1995 Russian Defense Deputy Minister Kokoshin offered to sell S-300 missiles during his trip to India. Following this offer Indian officials started negotiations with the Russian manufacturers, and in August 1995 the Indian Defense Secretary Nambiar went to Russia to observe tests of the missiles near Moscow. The $1 billion purchase is said to include six S-300 systems, with each combat system consisting of 48 missiles. Reportedly in June 1996 27 S-300 missiles were delivered to India.

S-300PMU SA-10 GRUMBLE

with arrow, indian own missile defence, and possibly already delivered S400 also since last year :tup:

with arrow, indian own missile defence, and possibly already delivered S400 also since last year :tup:

Globalsecurity? oh please give me one Indian source to state so

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

FAS is the same org behind the Iraq weapons of mass destruction it is not reliable source.

@Hello_10

Points raised by Hello_10 is valid and makes sense, there will be huge pressure on logistical support to maintain these birds. But one point he missed is, Like Sukhoi-30 MKI, Rafales will be built in India from scratch. So no issue of spare parts unavailability in this case. India learnt from its mistakes, we faced much problems maintaining our Mig-29s during disintegration of USSR.

Though we are heavily satisfied with MKI, and the number of MKIs in the Indian inventory speaks for itself. Mig-35 would have been nice if we were looking for air superiority aircraft.

But few things went against Mig-35,

1. Old airframe, less scope for upgradability.
2. Lower TWR.
3. Russian non commitment for the aircraft.

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

We need to place an order of S-400 systems ASAP, and collaborate in S-500, we have to much to learn from Russia.

Globalsecurity? oh please give me one Indian source to state so

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

FAS is the same org behind the Iraq weapons of mass destruction it is not reliable source.

most of the deals between india and russia are 'secret'. so, :meeting:

India's purchase of S-300 is not confirmed from any reports I have come across. It makes more sense to order Super Sukhoi's instead of Mig 35 in my view also.
I prefer India going for Mkised variant of Su35 rather than super sukhoi . Hello-10 can explain why Su35 is much better than su30mki and good or bad we will be having rafales in our inventory which would be frontline fighter/bomber against China for some time .

I prefer India going for Mkised variant of Su35 rather than super sukhoi . Hello-10 can explain why Su35 is much better than su30mki and good or bad we will be having rafales in our inventory which would be frontline fighter/bomber against China for some time .

SU35 has lower RCS and better tech engines as well as a new stunning cockpit but we already have the license to produce the MKI with the Al-31FP turbofans engines so it makes more sense to order MKI's but the super sukhoi improved versions.

But unlike the Su-30MKI it will feature no canard fins. All the three channels will have electrically signaled control without mechanical cabling. The use of a new integrated control system (developed by MNPK Avionika Moscow-based Research and Production Association) simultaneously performing functions of several systems – remote control, automatic control, limiting signals system, air signals system, chassis wheels braking system – will enhance the fighter’s handling capability and maneuverability.

hmmmm as per I know, 'Super Sukhoi' SU30MKI is fit in comparison with SU35BM. I can hardly gather the same info which is available on net and we generally discuss :)

but, from my side, I would say SU35BM wasn't a bad option as compare to Rafale, IAF may think for SU35BM in place of Rafale also. it will bring many other advantages like similarity with SU30MKI, high end air superiority capability, little cheaper and ready to be delivered. I support Rafale only because first SU35 wasn't offered for MMRCA and second IAF already has SU30MKI and also recently ordered 42 Super Sukhoi totalling 270 by 2015/16, so,......... anyhow you have this type of aircraft. :meeting:

I generally support SU35BM for Brazil than Rafale as they don't have SU30MKI :agree:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom