What's new

2,000 Russian Troops Land in Crimea

If obama doesn't take action then no body will trust america when it comes to security agreements. They didn't help Georgia, and they didn't help Ukraine. It just goes to show that America uses other NATO countries troops to fill the gaps in Americas wars but when it comes to filling the gaps for other countries in times of need they just back down. There really is no point of being in NATO if you are in it for U.S protection.

As long as Obama is president you can expect spinelessness. In all fairness NATO is, or should be, more than just the U.S. I didn't see anyone else helping Georgia or Ukraine.

If obama doesn't take action then no body will trust america when it comes to security agreements. They didn't help Georgia, and they didn't help Ukraine. It just goes to show that America uses other NATO countries troops to fill the gaps in Americas wars but when it comes to filling the gaps for other countries in times of need they just back down. There really is no point of being in NATO if you are in it for U.S protection.
There is nothing the US will do but boycott the G8 summit in Sochi.

As long as Obama is president you can expect spinelessness. In all fairness NATO is, or should be, more than just the U.S. I didn't see anyone else helping Georgia or Ukraine.

Bush did nothing over Georgia when his advisers reminded him of the Russian nuclear arsenal.:lol:

With a resurgent Russia and the ever increasing power of China, the US is losing it's sole superpower status.

Ukraine had security guarantess from the US not to mention the Eastern European nations NATO members,US allies who will be affected by the russian intervention.Sry man,we did our part ,we backed you in Irak,Afghanistan and now we're not being reciprocated.

US is not prepared to risk nuclear war over Ukraine.

Russia cares more about Ukraine than the US does.

European countries should learn to live with an increasingly powerful Russia.

There is nothing the US will do but boycott the G8 summit in Sochi.

Putin is a former KGB agent during the Cold War.He knows how to play the game.

Current US and especially EU politicians are nothing but some pansy bureaucrats who never had to deal with this kind of situations.They're guys more worried about "popularity in the polls" and how to give citizens money to the banks.I'm willing to bet that they're in a total shock about the current situation and unable to form a cohesive,strong counter attack strategy.Be ready for "bla,bla,...peace...democracy...bla,bla" speeches in the next days and that's it

This is far more serious than it seems.

This will have a domino effect, putting pressure on Chinese leaders to show similar determination in SCS.

Wow, that was fast. Superpower reborn indeed. :cheers:

Now if only my own country could act so decisively! I'm really envious of Russia right now.

There is a deeper political subtext to all this.Events in Ukraine over the past fortnight have taught Russians that a corrupt yet decisive leadership is much more preferable a total absence of state authority and anarchy. Putin's approval ratings have shot up accordingly and all this grandstanding is partly aimed at the Russian electorate too. I reckon another 8 years of Putin awaits Russia once this is all over.

Bush did nothing over Georgia when his advisers reminded him of the Russian nuclear arsenal.:lol:

With a resurgent Russia and the ever increasing power of China, the US is losing it's sole superpower status.

Nukes don't even play a role in this kind of conflict. Russia is a rusty tiger. They can only project power as far as they can drive. They, or china could never do what the U.S. did in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are good at 'home games' but can't travel the way a REAL superpower can.

US response with their so called peacekeeping force when small countries or terrorists stand against her.Here we talking about Russian Federation.US will shiver when they imagine about that:lol::lol::lol:.

This will have a domino effect, putting pressure on Chinese leaders to show similar determination in SCS.

The Japanese aren't Ukrainians. They have a much better ability to defend themselves. And it wouldn't be a conflict the Chinese could drive to.

Wow, that was fast. Superpower reborn indeed. :cheers:

Now if only my own country could act so decisively! I'm really envious of Russia right now.

China still needs the West for it's development and the US Navy can block it's sea-trade routes.

Give it 10-15 years and then see the change.:azn:

Nukes don't even play a role in this kind of conflict. Russia is a rusty tiger. They can only project power as far as they can drive. They, or china could never do what the U.S. did in Afghanistan and Iraq. They are good at 'home games' but can't travel the way a REAL superpower can.

Dude, their RELATIVE power is increasing and that is all that counts.

The Japanese aren't Ukrainians. They have a much better ability to defend themselves. And it wouldn't be a conflict the Chinese could drive to.

Not Japan.
I was talking about SCS -- against the little guys down there.

China still needs the West for it's development and the US Navy can block it's sea-trade routes.

Give it 10-15 years and then see the change.:azn:

And do you expect the U.S. and the rest of the world to sit still for those '10-15 years' ? We get stronger too.

Dude, their RELATIVE power is increasing and that is all that counts.

Yeah, their power is 'relative' to how close to the homeland the conflict is because they can't project power.

China have limitations.Russia is in a different league .And whole world is adjusted with that.

Afghanistan and Iraq so much for so called superpower.:woot:

Back
Top Bottom