What's new

2,00,000 for defence budget 2013

If Indian have spend too much on defense than it is normal due to not involve in any internal and counter extremism..:enjoy:

if the state of India face any insurgency than they have not in same position...

so can anyone tell me how much is this amount as a percentage of our GDP!i mean is it less than the usual 2% cut off or have our defence budget exceeded the 2% of G.D.P. milestone.man i am tired of these politicians:hitwall:,when our ex-generals are asking the Govt. to increase the defence budget to atleast 3% of our G.D.P. there have hardly raised it to 1.86% of G.D.P. last fiscal year.hope this year its above 2% when our neighboring countries are spending such huge amount in the defence sector we should also start to do the same otherwise a time will come when we'll be caught with our pants down by our neighbors:coffee:!

With the current economic slowdown, its justified. We have other problems too. The current budget is enough for the military.

Who is the second highest defense spender aftr USA?? I hope its not India. IA need rapid modernisation due to these 2 reason.

1. Pakistan-China-Lanka Axis::omghaha: :rofl: China supplying WMDs to Pakistan (from Needle to NUKE). China can give anything to Pakistan to contain India. India is Business rival of China, and I know Maoist , they can stoop to any level.. (No one knows the Maoists better than me.)
2. CHINA: China can impose war on India to unite there country (as they did in 60s). Chinese communists can wage war with India to divert attention (of ppl) from Domestic issue. Recent China-Vietnam, China-Japan, China-Asian skirmish is proof of it. :rofl:

India should forget Pakistan and concentrate on eastern border. Pakistan is war torn, they can't dare to attack India for next 5 decades.. :P

I know Maoist , they can stoop to any level.. (No one knows the Maoists better than me.)

:what: Please explain.

If Indian have spend too much on defense than it is normal due to not involve in any internal and counter extremism..:enjoy:

if the state of India face any insurgency than they have not in same position...

kyun thakk rhe ho......

@WebMaster Dude, give leash of few Chinese posters to Hu Songshan. :enjoy:

They are ruining it here. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
They are coming...!!! Just wait.

welcome to pdf sinchan.

1139158-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

Dont watch to much TV

:rofl::rofl:

you made me laugh so much.

but i also conceeded one goal in fifa 11 because of you.:angry:

According to Sipri it was around 49 billion USD last time (2012).
List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or does the government figure not include para military/internal security spending???
The UN/international community count certain additional expenditure as defence spending that the GoI doesn't. As such technically, in the eyes of the international community, the spending on CAPFs (CRPF,BSF,SSB,ICG,CISF,ITBP,NSG etc) , border fencing, Nuclear forces (SFC) etc all come under defence spending but the GoI allocates all of these areas budgets separately. If you add all these up, in the international community's eyes India spends $10-15BN more on defence than the GoI states specifically as defence spending (for the IA,IN,IAF).

The UN/international community count certain additional expenditure as defence spending that the GoI doesn't. As such technically, in the eyes of the international community, the spending on CAPFs (CRPF,BSF,SSB,ICG,CISF,ITBP,NSG etc) , border fencing, Nuclear forces (SFC) etc all come under defence spending but the GoI allocates all of these areas budgets separately. If you add all these up, in the international community's eyes India spends $10-15BN more on defence than the GoI states specifically as defence spending (for the IA,IN,IAF).

Ok, thats what I also thought.

so how to calculate that secret budget?

All in all we on PDF (a defence forum) can be reasonably content with the defence budget of 2013-14. Whilst we haven't seen a double-digit increase as in the past, a 7-8% increase is excellent and the key thing is the capital acquisitions budget has grown considerably. Given that large-ticket defence purchases are paid for over time in installments, this 2013-13 capital acquisitions budget is going to get India a hell of a lot of goodies! Everything we here have been waiting for (Apache, Chinook,N-MRH,M777,A330 MRTT, MMRCA etc) can all be bought THIS (calender) year, no problem, as well as PLENTYof other toys! Given that many fools over the past few weeks have been saying (despite my, and others, calls to the contrary) the defence budget was going to be cut in 2013-14, we can only be excited by this budget.

Once the Indian economy gets out of this short-term rut then things will only get better and better!

so how to calculate that secret budget?
It simply isn't possible and I am skeptical of all the calculations on the internet that do attempt to do so. The GoI simply doesn't disclose certain expenditures such as SFC's, RAW's, IB's and other sensitive organisations. It is literally impossible for anyone outside the highest echelons of the GoI to know the true figures.

To even get a rough figure (which excludes the non-disclosed budgets of the above) would take serious effort as, like I have said, the GoI allocates resources to these different organisations separately and, again, there is much that the GoI doesn't disclose.

All in all we on PDF (a defence forum) can be reasonably content with the defence budget of 2013-14. Whilst we haven't seen a double-digit increase as in the past, a 7-8% increase is excellent and the key thing is the capital acquisitions budget has grown considerably. Given that large-ticket defence purchases are paid for over time in installments, this 2013-13 capital acquisitions budget is going to get India a hell of a lot of goodies! Everything we here have been waiting for (Apache, Chinook,N-MRH,M777,A330 MRTT, MMRCA etc) can all be bought THIS (calender) year, no problem, as well as PLENTYof other toys! Given that many fools over the past few weeks have been saying (despite my, and others, calls to the contrary) the defence budget was going to be cut in 2013-14, we can only be excited by this budget.

Once the Indian economy gets out of this short-term rut then things will only get better and better!

It simply isn't possible and I am skeptical of all the calculations on the internet that do attempt to do so. The GoI simply doesn't disclose certain expenditures such as SFC's, RAW's, IB's and other sensitive organisations. It is literally impossible for anyone outside the highest echelons of the GoI to know the true figures.

To even get a rough figure (which excludes the non-disclosed budgets of the above) would take serious effort as, like I have said, the GoI allocates resources to these different organisations separately and, again, there is much that the GoI doesn't disclose.

RAW gets 1 billion dollar.Some body posted an article on it few months back.
RAW has been given importance these years to step up the security internal and external too.

RAW gets 1 billion dollar.Some body posted an article on it few months back.
RAW has been given importance these years to step up the security internal and external too.

Mate, there are separate budgets when specifically talking about R&AW. I had a convo with someone I know who was involved in Royal Navy's intel wing and as such had ties to MI5 and MI6 and he tells me that most major nations (including India) have separate and multiple budgets for their intel organisations ie one for day-day running, others for external projects,others for internal projects, others for "swill" money, others for "black projects" etc.

Looking specifically at R&AW, although we will never know the names or number of separate budgets accorded to them, we can see examples of the fact this $1BN budget figure (if it is true- I haven't seen that news) is not representative of R&AW's entire finical power as the SFF (under the control of R&AW) are directly funded by the GoI. This is just an example.

Same goes for IB.

Also let's not forget that NRTO is a separate entity and as such has its own budget even though their work is almost entirely in support of the IB and R&AW.

it's a sneaky, sneaky buisness. Never assume you know all that is going on.

Back
Top Bottom