What's new

2,00,000 for defence budget 2013

Defence gets upwards of Rs 2,00,000 crore, Rs 86721 crore for capital expenditure. No cuts but a hike.

so it becomes 37 billion dollars

With Today's rate of 53.82

Business Line : Markets / Forex : Rupee up 5 paise at 53.82 Vs dollar
Business Line : Markets / Forex : Rupee up 5 paise at 53.82 Vs dollar

It is 37.72 Billion USD! 0.72 B US $ is big money you know!

It's Rs. 2.03 trillion (Rs. 2,03,672 crore) :azn:

According to this (Rs. 2,03,672 crore) number.... As of today it is 38.23 Billion! Oh... IA, IAF and IN Make it round 40 with additional purchases!

Hope whole budget will be used. If money not used it is not useful. we need to use it for updating all weapons

Have to say Congress is damn good in fooling people. With govt at center and state they can't make even one city safe, and people think this budget will help women all over India.

No sort of focus on increasing infrastructure of fast track courts, modernizing Police and its strength, training and special action forces in major cities.

It would have in cherry on the cake...If convergence rate of Dollar would have been 40 INR...That way our defence budget could have touched 50 Billion Dollars....

3.6% Hike in defense budget in current rupees means a decline in real terms if inflation and drop of rupee value is taken into account.

Courtesy :- Shiv Aroor

Dunno why people thanked that post.

What i mean by PWF fund is politicians welfare fund which is essentially a fund for poor people like kalmadi, raja etc.

Gotcha.....:omghaha:

In that case, the line should have been "Unspent money from PWF will be diverted to Defence funds"

So in hindsight, all the hype about "big cuts to the defence budget" were BS. :wave:

@Chinese-Dragon, the talks of the BUDGET CUTS were w.r.t the fiscal 2012-13 & not 2013-14.

I think for fiscal 2012-13 there was a cut of Rs. 14k crore or around $2 billion.

considering the history of Indian military returning more than 2-4 bu=ilion dollars every year unspent I would say the budget cut was basically nothing..

And to all those crying that budget has been stagnant of late in $ terms, I would say if Indian military uses the entire budget alloted to them it will practically be an increase by around 10% .. SO stop cribbing.. be Happy that 43% ( a huge proportion i would say ) is for capital acquisition..

Every single deal is on :tup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom