What's new

2,00,000 for defence budget 2013

So in hindsight, all the hype about "big cuts to the defence budget" were BS. :wave:

Who is the second highest defense spender aftr USA?? I hope its not India. IA need rapid modernisation due to these 2 reason.

1. Pakistan-China-Lanka Axis: China supplying WMDs to Pakistan (from Needle to NUKE). China can give anything to Pakistan to contain India. India is Business rival of China, and I know Maoist , they can stoop to any level.. (No one knows the Maoists better than me.)
2. CHINA: China can impose war on India to unite there country (as they did in 60s). Chinese communists can wage war with India to divert attention (of ppl) from Domestic issue. Recent China-Vietnam, China-Japan, China-Asian skirmish is proof of it.

India should forget Pakistan and concentrate on eastern border. Pakistan is war torn, they can't dare to attack India for next 5 decades.. :P

Who is the second highest defense spender aftr USA?? I hope its not India. IA need rapid modernisation due to these 2 reason.

1. Pakistan-China-Lanka Axis: China supplying WMDs to Pakistan (from Needle to NUKE). China can give anything to Pakistan to contain India. India is Business rival of China, and I know Maoist , they can stoop to any level.. (No one knows the Maoists better than me.)
2. CHINA: China can impose war on India to unite there country (as they did in 60s). Chinese communists can wage war with India to divert attention (of ppl) from Domestic issue. Recent China-Vietnam, China-Japan, China-Asian skirmish is proof of it.

India should forget Pakistan and concentrate on eastern border. Pakistan is war torn, they can't dare to attack India for next 5 decades.. :P

1139158-godzilla_facepalm_godzilla_facepalm_face_palm_epic_fail_demotivational_poster_1245384435_super.jpg

Dont watch to much TV

So this will be a huge loss to trollers who were constantly quoting articles about defence cut to troll about MMRCA cancellation.

A huge blow to them by GOI..............:D

So this will be a huge loss to trollers who were constantly quoting articles about defence cut to troll about MMRCA cancellation.

A huge blow to them by GOI..............:D

How could 1.3 billion USD less threaten the MMRCA deal??? Seriously, which looser wrote that nonsense?

India has increased its budget for the armed forces by five percent. Sanctioning a little over Rs. 200,000 crore for this fiscal year, Finance Minister P Chidambaram promised Parliament that "constraints will not come in the way of providing any additional requirement for the security of the nation."

In his budget presented today to Parliament, the minister earmarked about Rs. 86,000 crore as "capital expenditure" - meaning spending on hardware - and another Rs. 116,000 crore for revenue expenditure which is spent on salaries, pensions, and maintenance of current equipment.

For the last several years, the defence budget has increased by about 10% every year. But the government's cutbacks have extended to the military - so in the last year, it was asked to make do with Rs. 14,000 crore less than what had been sanctioned.
Over the next 12 months, the Air Force gets the lion's share of the budget for new weapons, followed by the Army and then the Navy.

India is on the brink of buying 126 French Rafale fighter jets for an estimated Rs. 90,000 crore and is shopping for some 400 combat helicopters worth thousands of crores.

The increase in the crucial Capital expenditure - meant for fresh acquisition of weapon systems and equipment - amounts to about 24% on paper, but when adjusted for inflation of 7%, an official said, the hike is about 14%. "And if that's further adjusted for fluctuation of the rupee value, the net increase comes to about only 4 to 5 per cent," a senior Defence Ministry official told NDTV. Adjusting for the fluctuation of the rupee is important since India imports all its weapon systems from abroad.

Defence Minister A K Antony said, "Taking into account the difficult economic situation both at home and abroad, the Finance Minister...has been fair to the Defence Sector also by increasing the budget."

Budget 2013: what it means for India's armed forces | NDTV.com

Paramilitary/CAPF comes under home ministry , budget for home ministry is never comes in public domain .

I know that, my question was if Sipri added internal security spending to their ranking because of the 49 billion USD.

Bring the god damn birds to India from France soon...

Budget 2013: Over Rs. 33,000 crore earmarked for acquiring aircraft

New Delhi: With the defence forces planning to finalise major deals such as the one for 126 Rafale combat aircraft, the government has earmarked more than Rs. 33,000 crore for acquiring aircraft and aero-engines from the Rs. 86,000 crore modernisation Budget for the forces.

Of this amount, Rs. 25,000 crore has been given to the IAF which is close to finalising negotiations for deals such as the 126 Rafale combat aircraft, 22 Apache attack choppers, 15 Chinook heavylift helicopters and six Airbus 330 MRT mid-air refuelers.

The IAF is also working on one of its biggest deals to co-develop the fifth generation fighter aircraft with Russia and the deal is expected to cost over Rs. 1 lakh crore in the long run.

The two sides are soon planning to enter the design and development phase of project.

The Army is also planning to induct light utility choppers for which two contenders - European Eurocopter and Russian Kamov - are in the race.

The Navy has been provided Rs. 6,708 crore for procurement of aircraft as it has to induct the naval MiG 29K fighters and Hawk Advanced Jet Trainers for training its pilots.

The Budget also has provided Rs. 650 crore for special projects of the armed forces.

At present, the armed forces are working on the operationalisation of the indigenous nuclear submarine INS Arihant.

Budget 2013: Over Rs 33,000 crore earmarked for acquiring aircraft - NDTVProfit.com

No Pakistani friend here...we are missing trolling :cry:

so can anyone tell me how much is this amount as a percentage of our GDP!i mean is it less than the usual 2% cut off or have our defence budget exceeded the 2% of G.D.P. milestone.man i am tired of these politicians:hitwall:,when our ex-generals are asking the Govt. to increase the defence budget to atleast 3% of our G.D.P. there have hardly raised it to 1.86% of G.D.P. last fiscal year.hope this year its above 2% when our neighboring countries are spending such huge amount in the defence sector we should also start to do the same otherwise a time will come when we'll be caught with our pants down by our neighbors:coffee:!

Back
Top Bottom