What's new

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Lord's, Jul 13-17, 2010

i think pakistan need a strong leader in cricket and politics. all the best to pakistan for the next test. take a leaf frm india's book when they defeated aussies at perth after sydney fiasco. inspirational leadership is required.

I believe you know now. :rofl::rofl:

I love current pakistan team. I wish they maintain the same "winning" combination till WC 2011 with India.

Stop acting like a looser!!

You still wanna play with our young and inexperienced side when your team is ranked number 1 in test cricket..talk about insecurities !

:rolleyes:

Stop acting like a looser!!

You still wanna play with our young and inexperienced side when your team is ranked number 1 in test cricket..talk about insecurities !

:rolleyes:

Well we are capable to beat any team. But we want an thrashing/merciless and comprehensive victory against pakistan.

I was expecting more pakistani fans to turn up to Lords perhaps the weather put them off.[/QUOTE

Well you turned up at lords dint you? and weren't you wearing an Australian Jersey? I live here in Dubai and its just so pathetic to see Indians turn up at a Pakistan England match wearing English jerseys and rooting for England. Big time cry babies. I am sure if any other people on this forum went to the T 20s against England in Dubai will back be up on this.

If you are a Subcontenant team, If you are playing test cricket in England, If you are playing against Australia, If you have 2 young debutants batting at No. 3 & 4 then dig yourself a grave, sit in it and shoot yourself. Zaheer Abbas, Javed Miandad, Imran Khan, Saleem Malik, Inzimam-ul Haq, Mohammed Yousuf and Younis Khan are the people who over the last few decades have held these batting spots for Pakistan. To play at 3 & 4 for pakistan one has to prove his batting abilities elsewhere in the batting order because these positions are held for the senior most, most reliable and most respected batsmen. No. 3 4 & 5 are the positions from where Pakistan has scored a major chunk of its scores, the way batsmen at these positions bat gives the whole team a direction.

This is the weakest Pakistan batting lineup for a few decades and they are playing 6 tests in a row and i can assure you all that we the fans and the players themselves will be asking for this punishment to end by halfway through the 3rd test match (england will also do the same to us). Shahid Afridi has done himself a huge favour by retiring from tests at this point as the shame of 1 test defeat is much easier to bear compared to 6 losses in a row to 2 different teams. He has saved his limited overs career by retiring now, otherwise after 6 test losses he would have lost his captaincy and maybe even his place from the ODI side, he still may very well lose the ODI & T20 captaincy which will be unfair.

If you are a Subcontenant team, If you are playing test cricket in England, If you are playing against Australia, If you have 2 young debutants batting at No. 3 & 4 then dig yourself a grave, sit in it and shoot yourself.

It is not fair to blame it just on the players. True, some of these men don't even seem to be ready enough to be playing test cricket. But more importantly, it is the way the PCB runs its cricket. Knowing Ijaz Butt, he would have threatened players in the pre-match briefing that they will be axed if they don't perform in the first test. That has been the case for quite a few years now.

To your point, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid were blooded in Lord's against a capable England bowling attack and yet they did well for themselves. It wasn't a controversy-free tour, mind you. Ganguly got included for the tour because of the spat between Sidhu and Azhar. And Dravid was under severe scrutiny since people felt he was in the team because of the "quota". Luckily, the tour manager never let it affect the team's morale.

Pakistan has quite a few talented players. But without capable administrators, most will get lost and fade away.

Salman Butt
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Umar Amin
Umar Akmal
Kamran Akmal
Mohammed Aamer
Umar Gul
Danish Kaneria
Mohmmed Asif

This team should win matches in England. Yasir Hammed is currently the best experienced test opener available, and Umar Amin and Azhar Ali should continue to be given chances. If Younis is not in form, replace him with Azhar Ali.

Salman Butt
Yasir Hameed
Younis Khan
Mohammed Yousuf
Umar Amin
Umar Akmal
Kamran Akmal
Mohammed Aamer
Umar Gul
Danish Kaneria
Mohmmed Asif

This team should win matches in England. Yasir Hammed is currently the best experienced test opener available, and Umar Amin and Azhar Ali should continue to be given chances. If Younis is not in form, replace him with Azhar Ali.

who should be the captain?

I was expecting more pakistani fans to turn up to Lords perhaps the weather put them off.[/QUOTE

Well you turned up at lords dint you? and weren't you wearing an Australian Jersey? I live here in Dubai and its just so pathetic to see Indians turn up at a Pakistan England match wearing English jerseys and rooting for England. Big time cry babies. I am sure if any other people on this forum went to the T 20s against England in Dubai will back be up on this.

I never went to the match u retard i watched it at home and if i wanted to go to pakistan match i would wear a Indian jersey and those Indians might live in England or be born here so they have every rite to wear england jersey. My point was Lords should have been packed but it wasent! but your just too dumb to see what I meant.

Yasir Hameed is a classic case of the point I was making. Very good technique, good temperament, amazing debut (although against Bangladesh). He debuted around the same time as Dravid and there were many parallels between the men back then. Somehow one became a legend and the other got lost along the way. Just how that keeps happening in Pakistan cricket is beyond any other explanation.

I never went to the match u retard i watched it at home and if i wanted to go to pakistan match i would wear a Indian jersey and those Indians might live in England or be born here so they have every rite to wear england jersey. My point was Lords should have been packed but it wasent! but your just too dumb to see what I meant.

Why are you replying to yourself for?

I was replying to this Usama86 quote below bro:

Well you turned up at lords dint you? and weren't you wearing an Australian Jersey? I live here in Dubai and its just so pathetic to see Indians turn up at a Pakistan England match wearing English jerseys and rooting for England. Big time cry babies. I am sure if any other people on this forum went to the T 20s against England in Dubai will back be up on this

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom