Mohammed Yousuf
Umar Amin
Umar Akmal
Kamran Akmal
Mohammed Aamer
Umar Gul
Danish Kaneria
Mohmmed Asif

This team should win matches in England. Yasir Hammed is currently the best experienced test opener available, and Umar Amin and Azhar Ali should continue to be given chances. If Younis is not in form, replace him with Azhar Ali.

good selection Sir but no Danish kaneria please.... play with Saeed ajmal... he is better spinner than Kaneria and can trouble english batsmen...

I never went to the match u retard i watched it at home and if i wanted to go to pakistan match i would wear a Indian jersey and those Indians might live in England or be born here so they have every rite to wear england jersey. My point was Lords should have been packed but it wasent! but your just too dumb to see what I meant.

If this match were being played in Pakistan we would have seen even fewer people in the stands then what we saw at lords. The problem is that we know that our team doesnot have a chance against any decent test side, so people just dont care to show up. This is wrong and is a reason for decline in the teams test standings but this is how things are as of now.
About the Indian support for the opposition against Pakistan in a match not involving India is understandable if one is watching the game at home, but to buy a ticket and make the effort to come all the way to the stadium in the hope to watch Pakistan lose is just loser behaviour. In the UK there are many citizens of Indian origin who can support England against Pakistan but this is not the case in Dubai, i was in the stadium and i know what i saw.

Blaming you for going there to support Australia was bad judgment from my side, i shouldn't have blamed you without any knowledge.

Last edited:
It is not fair to blame it just on the players. True, some of these men don't even seem to be ready enough to be playing test cricket. But more importantly, it is the way the PCB runs its cricket. Knowing Ijaz Butt, he would have threatened players in the pre-match briefing that they will be axed if they don't perform in the first test. That has been the case for quite a few years now.

To your point, Sourav Ganguly and Rahul Dravid were blooded in Lord's against a capable England bowling attack and yet they did well for themselves. It wasn't a controversy-free tour, mind you. Ganguly got included for the tour because of the spat between Sidhu and Azhar. And Dravid was under severe scrutiny since people felt he was in the team because of the "quota". Luckily, the tour manager never let it affect the team's morale.

Pakistan has quite a few talented players. But without capable administrators, most will get lost and fade away.

I agree with you a 100%. My anger was directed towards the PCB and not the team, ofcourse the players donot select themselves. PCB has picked up fights against its top players and the team is paying for it. Umer amin and Azhar Ali should continue to play test cricket but not with the role which is expected of them from the 1st test. These guys should be the support cast to the well accomplished middle order batsmen and learn the trade meanwhile.
Pakistan has shot it self on the foot and then goes to the battle field, you don't need an octopus to predict the result.

pakistan has stopped producing test cricket Batsmen! and our downfall is evident from the fact that we made AFRIDI a captain a man who hasn't played test in 4 years!! a man who declares retirement from test on the 4th day of a test match a man who is only good for 20-20!!

Hi Guys! I just heard that Salman Butt is now Captain of the national team. Isn't that hilarious?

Hi Guys! I just heard that Salman Butt is now Captain of the national team. Isn't that hilarious?

we dont have choise.... good decision by PCB... but dont worry... we will loose all upcoming test matches.. thats for sure.... :D :P

Younis Khan was turning out to be a good Captain and had just won Pakistan the T20 championship, so the PCB got ride of him as he was dangerous to the future of cricket.
Mohammed Yousuf had made a good name for himself in the middle order and again the PCB thought he was a danger to Pakistan cricket, they made him the captain on a tough tour and then banned him for life because he couldn't get the team to win. Perfectly executed plan and all the blame goes to Yousuf.
Now Shahid Afridi was looking like a danger to the limited over team so he was tempted into playing tests by offering him the captaincy for all the formats and if he didnot accept he was told that he canot captain the side in limited overs only. Afridi fell for the trap, but soon after realised his mistake and retired from test cricket after only 1 defeat. The PCB would have liked him to stay on as captain till the 6th straight defeat so they get all the public support to fire him from the team for good. Afridi was smarter then this and had learned from the experiences of Y & Y.
Salman Butt has started performing somewhat regularly the PCB's spidy sense tingled and pointed to the danger. PCB has taken the same course of action, lured him in with captaincy. Lets see how things unfold, PCB failed in their last attempt at Afridi will surely come back hard at Salman Butt.
Its not a joke, after all its the PCB's responsibility to to safeguard Pakistan cricket from all such dangers.

If this match were being played in Pakistan we would have seen even fewer people in the stands then what we saw at lords. The problem is that we know that our team doesnot have a chance against any decent test side, so people just dont care to show up. This is wrong and is a reason for decline in the teams test standings but this is how things are as of now.
About the Indian support for the opposition against Pakistan in a match not involving India is understandable if one is watching the game at home, but to buy a ticket and make the effort to come all the way to the stadium in the hope to watch Pakistan lose is just loser behaviour. In the UK there are many citizens of Indian origin who can support England against Pakistan but this is not the case in Dubai, i was in the stadium and i know what i saw.

Blaming you for going there to support Australia was bad judgment from my side, i shouldn't have blamed you without any knowledge.

Believe it or not i was actually supporting Pakistan this time as i felt kinda sorry for them as this match is meant to be a home match for Pakistan and they playing in Lords due to the Sri Lankan attack. I was just suprised to see more Pakistani support in the 20/20 then this test match it might be to do with the weather that day or youngsters prefer the more exciting 20/20 style of the game.

younis khan would have been good choice but PCB never considered it he is a captain who can take the burden of the team. and score the runs for the team which i dont think so butt can do no doubt butt is as good as anyone he is best avialable opener in the team and best opener since saeed anwar but he is not good when he is given a burden of captaincy he is too young for the job can't forget his debut match when he got out on duck by chaminda vass in lahore

younis khan would have been good choice but PCB never considered it he is a captain who can take the burden of the team. and score the runs for the team which i dont think so butt can do no doubt butt is as good as anyone he is best avialable opener in the team and best opener since saeed anwar but he is not good when he is given a burden of captaincy he is too young for the job can't forget his debut match when he got out on duck by chaminda vass in lahore

I agree 100%. PCB is really innovated in finding ways to screw Pakistani cricket.

Younis is the solution to both middle order stength and captaincy issue.

Salman Butt is in good form and putting him at top will hurt his form.

Making Kamran Akmal the VC is a biger problem because this guys has survived 4 captains and 3 Chairman with his lame performance due to his political skills and by creating issues amongs seniors.

Sorry to say but Younis Khan was nothing short of a drama queen and was out of form for more than a year. He was always unable to make his mind. So no need to bring him back. The moment you will bring him back, he will resign again after one series.

LOL ... I like the drama queen khitab for Younus Khan but these dramas took place because PCB promises him something and then they do something else.

He is an excellent captain but Kamran Akmal and Shoaib Malik created rifts between him and Yousuf then they underperformed in SL so Younus had no other choice left.

Younus probably thought that team will perform better once he is out but then the same duo started their mission against Yousuf and Misbah also joined in.

PCB needs to firmly stand behind the captain and support him so that he can keep his team in line.

yes i agree with you but pcb is making probleum again the same for this rift in the team they are fully responsible for these stupid decision they loose series they make new captain if we make captain keeep steeking with hin they should learn from newzealand

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom