What's new

1st ODI: India vs Pakistan, Chennai, 30/12/2012 (8:30 am PST | 9:00 am IST)

Is 227 a good score? I would be more comfortable with 250+ score.

I was thinking, If 7th run partnership can come in such quick tym. Whats the case of pitch now? Sun has come out. Moisture is getting off. Does it means Pakistan now have conditions to score 250+ in 50 overs. If thats da case, then its decided whos gonna win.

The team winning the toss had the best chance to win and they still have unless Indian bowlers do some magic!!

Isko kehte hain Naahte tohte reh gaye...

Wese winning a game before the New Years is bad for Pakistan - they'd be partying like mad in India and be hungover for any practice.

Misbah is the most defensive captain in the history of Pakistan cricket ...look at how hafeez used irfan ....damn 29-5 and then 227-6 in next 200 runs india lost just 1 wicket .....pinch me i may be having a nightmare

Misbah you are fcuked up man ...... you cost us the match

done this odi .....Congratulations india

Well, the game is on!

This is not the first t20 pitch. Batting is not that difficult. 228 in 50 overs is quite do-able. Negotiate first few overs. Don't lose wickets. Only 4 fielders could be allowed outside of the circle in PPlay.

The game is on and I think Pakistan is the favorite. They just NEED to get past this India-block in their heads. Indian bowling is not that penetrating.

Anyway, kudos to Dhoni and 'Fitte Moon' to Misbah for dropping an easy catch when Dhoni was at 16.

PS. Personally, I'd prefer 1-1 going into the last match with competitive cricket. Then whoever wins the 3rd after a great contest will not matter too much to me. When someone plays like Dhoni did today in the damn humidity then his team needs to win!

Awesome Dhoni!! This is the best inning I have seen you play for India!!
It can be counted among one of his best innings only if he guides the team to victory.I loved the way he applied himself today,it brought back the memories of world cup final.

What an innings from Dhoni!! Great sportsmanship by pak cricketers - coming up and congratulating the indian skipper...
They are quite good with each other after match. Shahid told Yuvraj, Bhajji often came to their room after match for talks. Also read what Waseem said about Sachin. A legend can explain a legend.

Pakistan needs another Waseem. One of my fav. bowler.

Haan na wessa he howa jaisa kaha tha :D

227 mein 113 tu dhoni k hein

29/5 se 226/6 lol

sara kaam dhoni ko he karna para

Hinduism mein ek concept hai ki from sunrise to next sunrise there is always 'ek pal' when u speak or think something sincerely and it turns true. thats the gift of almighty. thats why we shud always think good and pure.

I am getting the feeling, THAT WAS THE MOMENT FOR U. ;)

That was a difficult catch not as easy as you are making it sound like and that too in India Pakistan match and that too played at hot and humid Chennai!!

Not only was the catch a mistake. He made wrong bowling decisions. I mean the man who got 4 wickets for you, and you couldn't be bothered to play the full 10 overs quota. Knowing that Dhoni was playing lots of pull shots, he should have put a fielder there. He's not really a good captain in my opinion.

On the other hand, Dhoni has proved his critics wrong. He played a gem of an innings.

Wese winning a game before the New Years is bad for Pakistan - they'd be partying like mad in India and be hungover for any practice.
Agar hum jeete to tum gam main hum khushi main piyenge aur agar tum jeete to tum, to hum gam main tum khushi main peena.

Hum logon ko to bahana chahiye peene ka, chahe tum jeeto ya hum. :alcoholic:

Agar aisa hota to 29/6 nahin hote.

In addition he took risk asking Irfan to play the final overs as well. And that's where MSD decided to give a good spanking.

Precisely no one in the Indian team right now is capable of playing captain's role as responsibly and effectively as Dhoni does.

Back
Top Bottom