What's new

1984 riots: Where is the justice?

The man was a butcher.

Having met Sikhs here in the US, I remember when a certain woman Manjeet Kaur was telling me how happy she and her family was when Indira got a bullet put between her eyes.
Those were the times that sikhs were mostly seeking asylum in west through their stories of persecution in india.

You are right bro. Justice has to be served. I dont think it will, considering how corrupt these people in power are, and how they will bury any atrocity, but hope one day justice will be served for this :(

That said, I dont think it was communally or religiously motivated, so it would be wrong to blame Hindus. Atleast I am not aware of any Hindu extremist group doing it. Infact people like Jagdish Tytler, who is a Christian (and had a Sikh mother!!! )is alleged to have been involved in the conspiracy. I think this was politically motivated revenge attacks. The only ones to blame here should be Congress and the problem really is that some of the politicians that may have been involved are very prominent ones.

Man many people here think that Sikhs hate Hindus because of the riots. We don't hate hindus nor we want separation from India. I love my country more than anything else. But then whom do I blame?? The people who killed Sikhs belonged to Hindu religion, doesn't matter if they were motivated by Congress or BJP. They were Hindus and killed sikhs because they were Sikhs. No one can deny that. My family didn't suffer any casuality, but entire families were burnt, Gurdwaras destroyed, women raped infront of fathers.

If it is that easy to motivate hindu political gangs to kill Sikhs, Christians and Muslims every now and then I guess it's you guys who need to change and realize we have to live together. Tolerance has a limit. Raise voice and come and support minorities.

Man many people here think that Sikhs hate Hindus because of the riots. We don't hate hindus nor we want separation from India. I love my country more than anything else. But then whom do I blame?? The people who killed Sikhs belonged to Hindu religion, doesn't matter if they were motivated by Congress or BJP. They were Hindus and killed sikhs because they were Sikhs. No one can deny that. My family didn't suffer any casuality, but entire families were burnt, Gurdwaras destroyed, women raped infront of fathers.

If it is that easy to motivate hindu political gangs to kill Sikhs, Christians and Muslims every now and then I guess it's you guys who need to change and realize we have to live together. Tolerance has a limit. Raise voice and come and support minorities.

I agree with that bro. It was a shameful episode in India's history indeed.

And I know that Sikhs in India are patriotic and consider India their country. That is something others dont understand.

BTW I am not a Hindu :)

The man was a butcher.

Having met Sikhs here in the US, I remember when a certain woman Manjeet Kaur was telling me how happy she and her family was when Indira got a bullet put between her eyes.

Killing of Sikhs in riots are not your pain. Your pain is quelling of Separatist movement by KPS Gill. Pakistan invested heavily and again failed. This is your pain.

However, your investement has not gone in vain. We are paying back in Baluchistan.

This is your pain.

Its more about how these people are pushed to commit crimes. A mob mentality is different from individual mentality. Most of the Hindus respect Sikhs and we will always support for your cause, for justice. Don't put all Hindus in one basket.

Hindus were killed and raped by Muslim invaders, that doesn't mean we still have to hate Muslims for what few of them did in the past.

I totally agree with Tolerance part too.

Nope, not that easy, that was just one case in entire 65 years history of Independent India (though i m not justifying the riots), it was an immediate reaction to the assassination of most powerful leader of Independent India, plus congress people thought that they can score some political points by those riots so they motivated people to kill every sikh they see, the problem with us (not hindus but everyone) that we are being dictated by leaders about what to do since centuries, & we are not able to use our own brain by thinking rationally.

I agree with that bro. It was a shameful episode in India's history indeed.

And I know that Sikhs in India are patriotic and consider India their country. That is something others dont understand.

BTW I am not a Hindu :)

Pls start saying i am an Indian first, these riots will never happen again if we understand that we all are Indians & not divided on the lines of religion, caste, creed, color, etc.

This is a blemish on India and measures need to be taken to correct this injustice. It is a sad thing that despite Sikhs being some of the most loyal and producitive INDIAN citizens their government denies justice on this scale. Why does the government want a clash of identities? Should a Sikh have to chose between the faith they practice and the nation they love?? NO!! Sikhs aren't carrying out suicide bombings or carrying out daily attacks so they are forgotten-this is not how they should be rewarded for theor loyalty. It is so,so, so sad and a bitter pill for the Sikh community the world over to swallow and it is a shame that despite all these Sikhs in high postions NOTHING is still done to hold the SCUM accountable for their actions. What is this teaching Indians?

A sad state of affairs.

It is such a shame because I am such a fan of India but this tragedy is still a very raw nerve and I dare say it must be the same for many Sikhs, especially in India.

can ur country boast of any such thing?? can we ever see a Hindu PM of Pakistan?? or a Hindu army chief?? yes we have done great mistakes, but we are trying to rectify that, we have the most powerful post in India run by a sikh since last 8 years & none of the 90 crore majority of hindus have ever objected to it, i agree that what happened in 1984 was a shameful crime but atleast we are trying to do something good.

Our constitution is very clear. Only a Muslim can become the Prime Minister of Pakistan. This restriction however is not placed on other posts.

And we do not have to put ourselves on display for the whole world and show our secular credentials and therefore it has become a cliche for Indians to say that they have a Sikh PM, a Sikh Army Chief, a Muslim Vice President and an Italian as a leader of the biggest political party. Does any one speaks about the biggest bigoted Indian Hindu bureaucracy and security and police force in the whole world.

Do you even understand that the Congress mobs were cross-religious - that two of the biggest conspirators and instigators Tytler and Kamalnath are not Hindus.

Ok you talk about those who conducted the riots - what about those who took great personal risk and saved the Sikhs from those Congress mobs and hid them in their basements, kitchens ? Surely they were not Martians or Andromedans. They were Hindus too. AB Vajpayee and other RSS leaders who used to go on the streets saving those poor taxi drivers from the mobs were Hindus too.

Just dont make it a Hindu vs Sikh issue. It was not. It was a Congress vs the nation issue. Look through that prism. Impressionable minds like you carrying this misconception is the biggest worry. And if you say, chuck the motive, I'll just look who committed it, how much difference does it make to say "look who committed 26/11..Muslims...look who attacked Akshardham temple..Muslims...look who indulged in wanton,brutal killings of Hindus post 84..Sikhs...Can i generalize ?

No..i'd rather have the common sense to see that it was Pakistanis who attacked Mumbai, it was LeT who attacked Aksardham, it was Khalistani terror groups that killed innocent Hindus. Try making that distinction.

More hindus have been killed in terror strikes and riots than anyone else. So now what ? Should I say minorities stop killing us. we have to live together ? Man, grow up.

This is a blemish on India and measures need to be taken to correct this injustice. It is a sad thing that despite Sikhs being some of the most loyal and producitive INDIAN citizens their government denies justice on this scale. Why does the government want a clash of identities? Should a Sikh have to chose between the faith they practice and the nation they love?? NO!! Sikhs aren't carrying out suicide bombings or carrying out daily attacks so they are forgotten-this is not how they should be rewarded for theor loyalty. It is so,so, so sad and a bitter pill for the Sikh community the world over to swallow and it is a shame that despite all these Sikhs in high postions NOTHING is still done to hold the SCUM accountable for their actions. What is this teaching Indians?

A sad state of affairs.

It is such a shame because I am such a fan of India but this tragedy is still a very raw nerve and I dare say it must be the same for many Sikhs, especially in India.

yes it is a raw nerve..and for many Hindus too..who dont see the Sikhs as much different from them.

As for the bolded part, ask the congressis and MMS. What stopped him from getting justice for his own community. But don't blame the Hindus as one poster is doing. Sonia is not a Hindu.

Pls start saying i am an Indian first, these riots will never happen again if we understand that we all are Indians & not divided on the lines of religion, caste, creed, color, etc.

Thats what it means dude! I have only one identity. And that is I am an Indian. I dont have any religious affiliation at all.

Its more about how these people are pushed to commit crimes. A mob mentality is different from individual mentality. Most of the Hindus respect Sikhs and we will always support for your cause, for justice. Don't put all Hindus in one basket.

Hindus were killed and raped by Muslim invaders, that doesn't mean we still have to hate Muslims for what few of them did in the past.

Why is that these atrocities are always committed by Indian Hindus against minorities in India.

The invaders were there hundreds of years ago - are you trying to justify the killings of Muslims and Christians and other Indian minorities because Hindus suffered due to your perceived invaders over two hundred years ago.

Good lord - such bigotry.

I agree with you- it is not an anti-Hindu thing for Sikhs calling for justice for 84-far from it. If it was Jews (for eg) who commited it the calls would be the same.

The saddest part is that most Sikhs consider Hindus (all relgions but for obvious reasons Hindus in particular) their brothers. Sikhs have in their history fought and died to PROTECT their Hindu brethren and this is a tragic blotch on thier shared history.

It should be noted after 84 you didn't see any sort of mass counter-attacks/revenge attacks where Sikhs killed Hindus indiscriminately- so it isn't a case of Sikhs being angry/upset at all Hindus. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Like I said a tragic state of affairs. It has cause untold heartache, for what?

And I dare say most Indians (Hindus,Muslims,Christians etc) would want justice for their Sikh Indians.

Killing of Sikhs in riots are not your pain. Your pain is quelling of Separatist movement by KPS Gill. Pakistan invested heavily and again failed. This is your pain.

However, your investement has not gone in vain. We are paying back in Baluchistan.

This is your pain.

KPS Gill butchered thousands of Sikhs during the insurgency in Indian Occupied Punjab. He is known as the butcher of Punjab and Sikhs. Why are you blaming us.

I agree with you- it is not an anti-Hindu thing for Sikhs calling for justice for 84-far from it. If it was Jews (for eg) who commited it the calls would be the same.

The saddest part is that most Sikhs consider Hindus (all relgions but for obvious reasons Hindus in particular) their brothers. Sikhs have in their history fought and died to PROTECT their Hindu brethren and this is a tragic blotch on thier shared history.

It should be noted after 84 you didn't see any sort of mass counter-attacks/revenge attacks where Sikhs killed Hindus indiscriminately- so it isn't a case of Sikhs being angry/upset at all Hindus. That couldn't be further from the truth.

Like I said a tragic state of affairs. It has cause untold heartache, for what?

And I dare say most Indians (Hindus,Muslims,Christians etc) would want justice for their Sikh Indians.

I hate to say it - you will NOT get any justice. Because almost all evidence has already been destroyed by the CBI loooong back as it touches the first family directly. Sad state of affairs. The dynasty s the worst thing that happened to this country.

Military Forum Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom