What's new

1971 War - The Untold Story - EXPOSING Propanganda and the telling the truth

Spread the word, bring a change, the traitors are doing it even now.
This isint our Government. We want freedom, again!

And in any case he is not answerable to you guys for his actions so leave it and discuss the topic.
Lol!! I've frequently felt mods think of themselves as dictators rather than policy managers. At least Taimi is ok wrt...there is this other mod with agnostic tendencies who keeps shutting down 1971 threads because it's a 'terrorist act' & what not. Sad to see that ppl are not interested in exchange of views but fantasy revenge.

@ As per my conclusion it is around 46,000 after reading the book"The Betrayel of East Pakistan". I have also gone through on the book of Siddique Saleh,"Witness to Surrender". The Indian books cannot be relied as because they are most likely to increase the number.

Abir already gave you the exact figures of POWs. That exclude troops died during the war plus whole bunch of Rajakars and Biharis.

@ The Pakistan Army had only 3 Infantry Divisions. Out of this the two Division which they hurriedly brought on March/April 1971 through PIA via Ceylon did not have the heavy equipments like tank, Artillery guns, engineer equpments/vechiles. Pakistan Army had only one Tank/Armoured Regiment that two was located at Rangpur. Out of these one Squadren of Tank were kept at Chittagong for annual firing practice from the very existance. 3xtanks were at Dhaka. Pakistan Army had only 6x Field Artillery Regiments each consisting 18 guns. They did not had any heavy Artillerry units. Pakistan Army did not had any radar for early warning. They had one at Dhaka that too was shifted to West Pakistan during the month of November 1971.

We all know that. Pakistan considered E. Pakistan as some free meal and never cared about its' defence in the first place. 6 point demand addressed this issue.

@ Besides the regular Army they brought many scouts, Rangers, West Pakistani Police, Industrial Security Guards and many local Bahares were also enrolled as Mujahids. So, in the true sense the figure of Pakistani regular troops was mush less. Moreso, within this 92,000 troops there were lot of civilians also.

They brought whole bunch of personnel from Beluch Regiment. Not scouts and rangers.

@ Pakistan brought this Army to fight for the insurgents and not for conventional war. Even though they fought bravely in the Eastern Sector. Pakistan' s restoration of Law and Order situation within the East Pakistan was very quick and praiseworthy.

They did not fight conventional war for the first nine months and had enough time to reinforce knowing that Muktis built a formidable force of 500,000 soldiers. In addition India already started deploying all across borders.

Regarding restoring order you are again way out of reality. It was actually the Muktis gone out of country to reorganize. They were busy recruitment training and building the army. BD army was formed in that time and they never actually intruded Bangladesh except for only one drill when they came as far as Shirajganj and immediately pulled back in Novembre. They were getting ready for all out conventional war which was the main objective/strategy of General Ataul Gani Usmani.

@ Pakistan Army had to fight against the insurgents under these odd situation. And their achievement was prety good. During the last stage of the insurgency the people were thinking even to fall back and surrender. But the situation change the moment India signed a defence and friendship pact with USSR on 20 August 1971. After that India used to help the "Mukties" whole heartedly. India got lot of armament from USSR.

I think Pakistan army failed miserably in fighting insurgent rather they created refugees of 10 million and killed 1.5 million non combatant.

They did not fight conventional war for the first nine months and had enough time to reinforce knowing that Muktis built a formidable force of 500,000 soldiers. In addition India already started deploying all across borders.

The priority was to keep west pakistan, the fountainhead of the state, protected. East pakistan was compromisable. What pintches is not the people decided to seceede but the land & resources & money that was lost.

YOu are totally misinformed.
In 1947 per capita income of West Pakistan was 324 rupees and East Pakistan was 310 rupees. By 1960's the per capita income gone down to as low as 250 rupees in east pakistan yet was increasing in west pakistan. After ayubs economic propulsion West Pakistn's GDP rose to as high as 550 rupees and east Pakistan could only get to the level on pre 1947 level and it was 314 rupees.

Ayub did not allocate more for East Pakistan but Yahia did in 1970 and it was too late to avert the fall out of 1971.

@ Realizing their sentiments, Ayub Khan attached great importance to Bengalis’ problems. He tried to take drastic steps to develop national cohesion.

@ He instituted inter-wing scholarships, and inter-wing postings of the civil officers and exchange of students were made compulsory. He was so serious about the problem that he included the provision regarding the removal of inter-regional disparity in the constitution, and thus made it a constitutional responsibility of the government to remove disparity (Article 145(4) of the 1962 Constitution). With his efforts, subsequent revisions and expansion of the 2nd

@ 5 Year Plan, the eastern province become the principal object of development expenditure. To quicken the pace of development in East Pakistan, the 3rd Five Year Plan earmarked Rs. 1600 crore to be spent in East Pakistan in public sector and Rs. 1400 crore in West Pakistan.

@ This was also estimated that the proposed development expenditure may lead to an increase of 40% in the regional income of East Pakistan compared with 35% in West Pakistan.

@ People of East Pakistan were also demanding parity in the Civil Services and Armed Forces. In 1964, there were only 2 Bengali officers who held the rank of acting secretaries. Whereas in 1965 there was only one Major General from East Pakistan out of 17 Generals in 1965.

@ Thus to remove the disparity, government introduced quota system, and 40% seats, apart from 20%, allotted to merit, were reserved for East Pakistan. From 1967 onwards, Ayub Khan abolished quota reserved for merit and allocated these 20% seats to East Pakistan. Thus East Pakistan virtually got 60% of the total vacancies. But, unfortunately, it did not satisfy the Bengalis.

@ As regards the Armed Forces, at the time of partition, East Pakistanis formed only 1% of the total strength of the Armed Forces. The result of Ayub Khan’s policies rose the number of East Pakistanis by about 100% in the army and 30% of the total strength of Navy and the Air Force. Although Bengalis were creating disturbance due to disparity, they themselves, were not serious in joining Armed Forces. The Cadet School, established in Dacca in 1952, had to be closed, because 15 students came to join it.

@ The war of 1965 had a deep impact on East Pakistan. During the war, the East Pakistanis felt isolated and insecure. As Indian agents were active and openly indulged in anti-state activities, they did not open front on that border. Bhutto’s statements further aggravated the sense of insecurity as Foreign Minister in the National Assembly saying that East Pakistan was saved by China during the war. It proved fuel to the fire for the secessionist movement. Sheikh Mujeeb was having very close contact with Indian agencies. Even according to Bhutto, ‘during 1965, the Governor of East Pakistan Mr. Momen Khan, summoned the leaders of East Pakistan to seek their co-operation for the war effort. After the war, in his report to President Ayub Khan, Mr. Momen Khan claimed that in this meeting Mujibur Rehman advised Momen Khan to declare himself the President of an independent Bengal and break away from West Pakistan.’

@ Realizing their sentiments, Ayub Khan attached great importance to Bengalis’ problems. He tried to take drastic steps to develop national cohesion.

@ He instituted inter-wing scholarships,
@ 5 Year Plan, the eastern province become the principal object of development expenditure.

@ This was also estimated

@ People of East Pakistan were also demanding parity in the Civil Services and Armed Forces. In 1964, there were only 2 Bengali officers who held the rank of acting secretaries. Whereas in 1965 there was only one Major General from East Pakistan out of 17 Generals in 1965.

@ Thus to remove the disparity, government introduced quota system,
@ @ The war of 1965 had a deep impact on East Pakistan. During the war, the East Pakistanis felt isolated and insecure. As Indian agents were active and openly indulged in anti-state activities, they did not open front on that border. [/B]

Irrelevant points. In 1980s, India made the horrendously dumb, ill advised and absurd decision to rig elections in Jammu & Kashmir. The consequences of that decision keeps burning us to this day- it sparked off a militancy that consumed the state. No matter how many quotas denial of legimitate elected leadership sparks off a problem that you can't control that's why India has not repeated that mistake in J&K again. I don't know how much of Ayub Khan's plans were implemented or if Yahya actually took those forward- but the moment Mujib was denied the post of PM, the destruction of Pak became inevitable. It's the same everywhere.

We all know that. Pakistan considered E. Pakistan as some free meal and never cared about its' defence in the first place. 6 point demand addressed this issue.

@ When Pakistan got time to think for the protection of East Pakistan ? Just after independence, Pakistan had to fight a war(1948) and again they had to fight a war in 1965. After 1965 war they concentrated on East Pakistan's defence, Armoured and Artillery units were raised after 1965. Moreso, the money factor was also there. In 1967, with the help of China Pakistan build ordnance factory near Dacca.

@ Although Pakistan did not had formidable force in East Pakistan but they were well motivated para-military forces like "Mujahids". In 1965 war PAF had one squadran of fighting aircraft(Sabre Jet) at Dacca. This lone Sabre Jet squadran played a havoc to the Indian Eastern Command. In fact Indian Army was also very weak in Eastern Front. Since India had already fought with China(1962) so they also never dared to withdraw from the Northern Front. In fact it was well appreciated and only than they attcked Kashmir(Operation Gibralter) Though I personally was not infaour of war with India in those critical days of Pakistan.

@ You are talking about which Six Points the one which was prepared by Indian RAW and CIA ? Today, I want to reveal the truth to you. This Six Points were never discussed in the AL forum beforehand. It was handed over to Sk Mujib in a typed form just before boarding the PIA aircraft towards Lahore Conference in 1966. All the political leaders of Pakistan were surprized to hear this. Even some of the AL leaders kept mom. Sk Mujib himself did not understood what this Six Points was ? He just narrated in his Bengalee style English. At the Karachi Airport once the reporters asked him for the ellaboration of this points he just avoided and told them "once he comes next time in Karachi he will explain in deatils".

@ Once he returned back to Dacca, all the AL district committee members were called hurriedly and there Sk Mujib explained in details about this sex points. But out of 17 district committee members 13 district members opposed the six points and many left AL politics.

@ Now, Sk Mujib became furious and secretly told the Student front of AL (Chattra Leaque) to elliminate all these old AL(basically ex-ML) members and soon Chattra Leaque became prominant in regional politics and took pioneer role in propagating these Six Points. Some student leaders even got training from the RAW.

My dear iajdani, if you critically analysis all these events than you and I fall in the same group, we had been jumping at the instigation of somebody which we realise lately, and now we are jumping and singing, " Purba digante surjo ethache, ructo lal, ructo lal"

@ And finally these Indian Bengalees never believe them, in 1906, once the British partitioned Bengal, they revolted and made "Joganter" and "Unoshilon" to fight with the British and today they termed these organisation as a Nationalist movement ! my foot !. These were made against the interest of Bengalee Muslims in East Bengal.Tagore quickly wrote, "Amar Solar Bangla Ami tomay Balu basi", "ebar tor mora gange ban ethache joi ma bole". The songs today we are singing with lot of zeal was infact written during that time and all were against the Partition of Bengal which was infact against Bengalee Muslim interest. Today, we are talking about "Dada Bhai" and their friendship ? In those days they never never considered us as a Bengalee. Finally Partition of Bengal was annuled in 1911.Now see their faces again in 1946 after the election Once Surwardi and some Hindu politician were keeping the Bengal intact, it is they again oppossed it vomently and Bengal was partitioned again. All those written songs are still alive. These songs were re-played in 1952 during the language movement and continued till now.

iajdani, I am arguing with you this does not meant that I am pro-Pakistani or against the existance of Bangladesh. We have to think logically. Who all are our friend ? Who can help us in times of real crisis. These Indian ? You remember, during Care Taker Govt of Moin U Ahmed , they promised to give some rice which never reached Bangladesh. Although some amount arrived but it was completely rotten. I have seen in my own eyes the military soldiers at mid-night were burying all these rotten rice at Halishore(Chittagong) beside Govt Gowdon.

by Md Akmal
@ When Pakistan got time to think for the protection of East Pakistan ? Just after independence, Pakistan had to fight a war(1948) and again they had to fight a war in 1965. After 1965 war they concentrated on East Pakistan's defence, Armoured and Artillery units were raised after 1965. Moreso, the money factor was also there. In 1967, with the help of China Pakistan build ordnance factory near Dacca.

@ Although Pakistan did not had formidable force in East Pakistan but they were well motivated para-military forces like "Mujahids". In 1965 war PAF had one squadran of fighting aircraft(Sabre Jet) at Dacca. This lone Sabre Jet squadran played a havoc to the Indian Eastern Command. In fact Indian Army was also very weak in Eastern Front. Since India had already fought with China(1962) so they also never dared to withdraw from the Northern Front. In fact it was well appreciated and only than they attcked Kashmir(Operation Gibralter) Though I personally was not infaour of war with India in those critical days of Pakistan.

@ You are talking about which Six Points the one which was prepared by Indian RAW and CIA ? Today, I want to reveal the truth to you. This Six Points were never discussed in the AL forum beforehand. It was handed over to Sk Mujib in a typed form just before boarding the PIA aircraft towards Lahore Conference in 1966. All the political leaders of Pakistan were surprized to hear this. Even some of the AL leaders kept mom. Sk Mujib himself did not understood what this Six Points was ? He just narrated in his Bengalee style English. At the Karachi Airport once the reporters asked him for the ellaboration of this points he just avoided and told them "once he comes next time in Karachi he will explain in deatils".

@ Once he returned back to Dacca, all the AL district committee members were called hurriedly and there Sk Mujib explained in details about this sex points. But out of 17 district committee members 13 district members opposed the six points and many left AL politics.

@ Now, Sk Mujib became furious and secretly told the Student front of AL (Chattra Leaque) to elliminate all these old AL(basically ex-ML) members and soon Chattra Leaque became prominant in regional politics and took pioneer role in propagating these Six Points. Some student leaders even got training from the RAW.

My dear iajdani, if you critically analysis all these events than you and I fall in the same group, we had been jumping at the instigation of somebody which we realise lately, and now we are jumping and singing, " Purba digante surjo ethache, ructo lal, ructo lal"

@ And finally these Indian Bengalees never believe them, in 1906, once the British partitioned Bengal, they revolted and made "Joganter" and "Unoshilon" to fight with the British and today they termed these organisation as a Nationalist movement ! my foot !. These were made against the interest of Bengalee Muslims in East Bengal.Tagore quickly wrote, "Amar Solar Bangla Ami tomay Balu basi", "ebar tor mora gange ban ethache joi ma bole". The songs today we are singing with lot of zeal was infact written during that time and all were against the Partition of Bengal which was infact against Bengalee Muslim interest. Today, we are talking about "Dada Bhai" and their friendship ? In those days they never never considered us as a Bengalee. Finally Partition of Bengal was annuled in 1911.Now see their faces again in 1946 after the election Once Surwardi and some Hindu politician were keeping the Bengal intact, it is they again oppossed it vomently and Bengal was partitioned again. All those written songs are still alive. These songs were re-played in 1952 during the language movement and continued till now.

iajdani, I am arguing with you this does not meant that I am pro-Pakistani or against the existance of Bangladesh. We have to think logically. Who all are our friend ? Who can help us in times of real crisis. These Indian ? You remember, during Care Taker Govt of Moin U Ahmed , they promised to give some rice which never reached Bangladesh. Although some amount arrived but it was completely rotten. I have seen in my own eyes the military soldiers at mid-night were burying all these rotten rice at Halishore(Chittagong) beside Govt Gowdon.
22 years is not small period.

Last edited:
Especially when YOU are the one hatching and planning the wars- 1965, 1971, 1948, they were the ones who started it. If they were so concerned about Bangali welfare, WHy didn't they postpone their agenda to focus upon their wellbeing first. Na, that's irrelevant.

@ "hissa tu barabar nehi hua tha na, sab kuch tu ap logone leylia tha, samjhe janab".

@ "Itna bara karke likh ka aur ek line me jawab ?"

@ "hissa tu barabar nehi hua tha na, sab kuch tu ap logone leylia tha, samjhe janab".

@ "Itna bara karke likh ka aur ek line me jawab ?"
Yaar kitne saal tak yehi rat lagayega. Waise that hi kitna ki batawara bada bada kiya jaye? Bhool gaye--agrez sab le gaye. Stop whining.

Back
Top Bottom