What's new

1965 WAR- The Inside Story by R.D. Pradhan

You are always welcome. I don't think Pakistanis are barred from coming to India. Many come here, and in fact some of the famous personalities from film & music industry have settled here also. Hope we can become a sub-continent union someday like EU. If you come to Kolkata, then I will treat you with authentic Bengali food and fantastic Calcutta biriyanis! :D

@seiko I have invited aeronaut to India, he will beat you up a little, thodasa sah lena bhai, oh bhi to bhai hai hamara! :D

375636_492479900778823_32423905_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Abe, dont invite him, we can go to his place in Lahore and eat all the foods there.. He offered me that he will pay all the bills.. Nothing tastes better than the food friends pay for :bounce:

This evil plan of bankrupting @Aeronaut sounds terrific! :D

Aero cant go bankrupt in Lahore - free food is available all the time at Data Darbar for the past many centuries. :coffee:

This evil plan of bankrupting @Aeronaut sounds terrific! :D

Let him have a first hand experience of dealing with the Baniyas :agree: Also I want to meet some one to show some posts of his.. :whistle: Ek ladki ki future ki sawal he bhai !! :whistle:

Aero cant go bankrupt in Lahore - free food is available all the time at Data Darbar for the past many centuries. :coffee:

Cool!! Then I can parcel some food for my marriage also :partay:

Due to high prices of vegetables and stationary's, I was forcing her to run away with me :angel:

Abe, dont invite him, we can go to his place in Lahore and eat all the foods there.. He offered me that he will pay all the bills.. Nothing tastes better than the food friends pay for :bounce:

Like this
LeftHand_Down_Small.png
:omghaha:

1236194_463422520421803_251890647_n.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

The thing with Hindus/Indians is that they are just not great warriors.

The balance between Pakistan & india is hugh

They are about 4 times bigger then us in land mass with alot of depth compared to Pakistan
They have 6-8 times our population at least

If Pakistan fought e.g uzbekistan I am sure they would put up a fight but ultimatley being the much larger nation I would expect Pakistan to over run them or have a clear cut victory atleast...

The Indians being massive compared to us have been very poor militarily, Muslim victories in the Indian sub continent through out history have generally involved smaller muslim armies destroying much larger Hindu armies

It reminds me of a story

5 Indians get involved in a brawl, afterwards they are walking home
1 Indian has a black eye
1 Indian has had some teeth knocked out
1 Indian has had his nose broken
1 Indian is walking with a limp
1 Indian has broken his arm

They talk and smile to each other & say "man did you see that Pakistani we fought we punched him straight in the face"

lol poor soul living in delusions of being superior.
where was you superiority when arabs/turkish/ghauri r@ped a place now called pakistan???
or are you some kinda arab or turk??
read the history and get the answer.
damn man this man has got some serious inferiority complex.

ontopic-i respect them soldiers from both side who fought for there respective country.
65 war was a big blunder as none of the sides weren't able to complete there objectives.
no matter how much air superiority paf got or how much land IA grabbed this war will be and should be remember as a stalemate

In India historian always criticize the failure part of the war unlike others

We have to. That is the only way in which we can realize the mistakes made in those conflicts and learn for the future. Although I doubt that any future conflict will involve in such massive head-on style war between A and B. It has all not boiled down to 'death by thousand cuts' and we will be probably be dealing with Jihadis.

You are wrong. As per the standard guidelines it should be 10 Indians vs 1 Pakistani. :D

The thing with Hindus/Indians is that they are just not great warriors.

The balance between Pakistan & india is hugh

They are about 4 times bigger then us in land mass with alot of depth compared to Pakistan
They have 6-8 times our population at least

If Pakistan fought e.g uzbekistan I am sure they would put up a fight but ultimatley being the much larger nation I would expect Pakistan to over run them or have a clear cut victory atleast...

The Indians being massive compared to us have been very poor militarily, Muslim victories in the Indian sub continent through out history have generally involved smaller muslim armies destroying much larger Hindu armies

It reminds me of a story

5 Indians get involved in a brawl, afterwards they are walking home
1 Indian has a black eye
1 Indian has had some teeth knocked out
1 Indian has had his nose broken
1 Indian is walking with a limp
1 Indian has broken his arm

They talk and smile to each other & say "man did you see that Pakistani we fought we punched him straight in the face"

Regardless how how much the Indians hate this fact. PAF had attained full air dominance over the battlefield [Pakistani airspace] within first 100 hours of the war. The war in general was inconclusive like most wars in history, but from Pakistani perspective it was a show of defiance and strength to a bully that otherwise would never stop bullying.

What is the definition of air dominance according to you?
@Argus Panoptes Do you have any comments?

I would agree with @Aeronaut here: PAF did dominate Pakistani airspace during the 1965 war, according to the accepted definition as "that degree of air superiority wherein the opposing air force is incapable of effective interference", and as a demonstration of PAF's mainly defensive doctrine.

Here's the BBC story from Sept 1965 on Indian military invasion of Pakistan:

1965: Indian Army invades W Pakistan
Indian troops have invaded West Pakistan, crossing the border at three points in an attack which appears to be aimed mainly at the city of Lahore.
Authorities in Delhi say their action was intended to prevent a direct attack by Pakistani forces against India.

On 25 August, Pakistani soldiers launched a covert operation across the ceasefire line, established in 1949 after the first Indo-Pakistani war, into Indian-administered Jammu and Kashmir.

Since then there have been a number of clashes along the ceasefire line, but this is the first time Indian troops have crossed into West Pakistan in what is being seen as an act of war.

Air attacks

Since the first Indo-Pakistan war, both countries have continued to lay claim to the entire state of Kashmir. Currently Pakistan controls the smaller, northern sector of Azad Kashmir and the remaining area of Jammu and Kashmir, known commonly as Kashmir, is held by India.

Details of today's invasion are sketchy. There have been reports of the Indian Air Force in action, striking against military targets, including an oil tanker train, a group of military vehicles, a goods train carrying supplies, an army camp and some gun positions.

A spokesman for the Indian government said: "Our policy is that when Pakistan has bases from which it is mounting attacks on our territory we have to destroy those bases."

The Defence Minister Yashwantrao Chavan blamed recent attacks by Pakistani forces for the invasion.

Although there have been a number of air attacks against Indian installations in Punjab, these seem to have been mostly by single aircraft.

But Mr Chavan said: "It was quite apparent Pakistan's next move was to attack Punjab across the international frontier."

Reports from the Pakistani city of Karachi say forces have beaten back the Indian Army from Lahore.

They said advances at the border towns of Jasar, Wagah and Bedian had all been "fully stopped".

Pakistani officials say the number of Indian dead in the Lahore sector is 800, their own casualties are reported to be "very light".

The Pakistani President Ayub Khan has made an emergency broadcast to the nation saying, "We are at war".

He said the Indian attack was proof of the evil intentions which India had always harboured against Pakistan.

Reports from Delhi say Pakistani paratroopers have landed in the Punjab. Small groups have dropped in three places, Pathankot, Patiala and Ambala in an apparent attempt to damage military installations.

BBC ON THIS DAY | 6 | 1965: Indian Army invades W Pakistan

Congrats on your defense day! I just wish there is peace between us and someday this defense day becomes a friendship day between us. :)

we can just pray. i dont see it happening soon.....

Back
Top Bottom