What's new

19 martyred as Pakistan Army Plane crashes into residential area near Rawalpindi

We belong to Him, to Him we will return.

Very sad.

We cannot miss the final appointment. When it’s time, it’s time.

May Allah open the doors of jannat for the deceased and sabr to their families, speedy recovery to the injured.

I have experience of living in Islamabad and I know they are doing this even after shift of civilian air traffics to new airports so it is better they review this to avoid such damage and loss of life in future
And its also responsibility of govt to not allow Civilians/housing contractor to not build illegal houses/colonies in the path of Military air traffic, its a two way street you know @Yaseen1

Several of the injured critical as small aircraft goes down near Rawalpindi
190730-Pakistan-plane-crash_16c4058757a_large.jpg

Fifteen people were killed when a small plane crashed into a residential area in the Pakistani city of Rawalpindi near the capital Islamabad, a rescue official saidearly Tuesday.

lg.php

"A small plane crashed into a residential area. So far we have retrieved 15 dead bodies, including 10 civilians and five crew members," rescue spokesman Farooq Butt said, adding that a further 12 people had been injured.

The type of plane was not immediately clear.

In a statement, the military said five soldiers were among those killed in the plane crash. Rescue officials said the death toll could rise further since there are injured in critical condition.

lg.php

The military gave no details about the cause of the crash and only said an army aviation aircraft was on a routine training flight when the plane went down in the village of Mora Kalu on outskirts of Rawalpindi. TV footage showed fire erupting in the residential area.

Butt said a rescue operation was still ongoing. An AP reporter at scene of the crash saw a burning house and some makeshift homes.

Rescue officials say the plane suddenly lost control with the tower and reason for the incident was not known.

Some Twitter users put the death toll as high as 17, although this remains unconfirmed.

Was it transport bird or EW one?

إِنَّا لِلّهِ وَإِنَّـا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعونَ

Jet look on fire …… And damage tells it is C-130 …….. Super king cannot that much of damage .. Extremely sad incident..

Wt nonsense
First of all the plane did not crash in rawalpindi city but near a village which happens to be near bharia town phase 7. It is located on the outskirts of rawalpindi.
Comming to back to ur rants about Rawalpindi.
It happens to be lot better than most cities in Pakistan including that that sorry excuse of a town called Peshawar or any thing else in kpk
Aww cute, lived in Rawalpindi and pakhwer I would choose the Pakhawer over the slum that is Rawalpindi, anyday.

Also the OP said Rawalpindi so I dont live inside the control tower to know where it fell so stfu

Jet look on fire …… And damage tells it is C-130 …….. Super king cannot that much of damage .. Extremely sad incident..
Doesn’t look like a C-130, check the wing in the first Pic. Too small to be C-130. Also in the video it’s smaller. Army does not operate C-130. It was an army aircraft. Possibly a smaller Y-12 or KingAir.
A C-130 would cause a much bigger crash site. I’m in Rawalpindi and I can confirm it’s not that big.
Still. Ina lilla hi wa ina Illihi rajioon

Are you just dumb? Or you extreme case of dumb?
Think before you open your mouth. We don't know if the plane was even controllable
Bad performance by pilot.He should have avoided residential area as far as possible.R.I.P.Is it c130 trainer as most of times c130 fly in Islamabad and rawalpindi skies

Back
Top Bottom