What's new

16th December 1971: From East Pakistan to Bangladesh

Wait, I don't understand what you mean here. What is the connection between speaking Urdu; reading and writing Farsi; knowing Arabic and being of the descents in the bolded area? Especially since you are in a Bengali-speaking environment. :what:

It's not uncommon to know all the other languages even though he live in Bengali speaking environment. The old Dacca has the history of knowing Urdu and Farsi language because Dacca Nawab family originally from Kashmir. As a matter of fact, if there any place people speak Urdu in today's Bangladesh, then it's in old Dacca and Bihari colony.

In Bangladesh all Madrasa student know how to read, write and speak Urdu, Farsi and Arabic.

I wish we reunite... PM or Pres frm bangal,COAS frm Pak,Vice cheif frm Bangal... while naval chief frm frm n PAF chief frm Pakistan... with bangal as an autonomous region!

It's not uncommon to know all the other languages even though he live in Bengali speaking environment. The old Dacca has the history of knowing Urdu and Farsi language because Dacca Nawab family originally from Kashmir. As a matter of fact, if there any place people speak Urdu in today's Bangladesh, then it's in old Dacca and Bihari colony.

In Bangladesh all Madrasa student know how to read, write and speak Urdu, Farsi and Arabic.

There are Ahmadia and Shia community in Old Dhaka speaks Urdu as they usually dont intermingled with Bengalis too much due to religious and cultural matter which is undestandable. But ofcourse Biharis, the younger generation speaks fluent Bengali and like to introduce themselves as Bengalis instead.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 PM ----------

I wish we reunite... PM or Pres frm bangal,COAS frm Pak,Vice cheif frm Bangal... while naval chief frm frm n PAF chief frm Pakistan... with bangal as an autonomous region!

this kind of thing does not work, its even more dangerous when there is fight between PM and COAS. Lets democracy flourish and everything just fall in place.

1) It's not uncommon to know all the other languages even though he live in Bengali speaking environment. The old Dacca has the history of knowing Urdu and Farsi language because Dacca Nawab family originally from KASHMIR. As a matter of fact, if there any place people speak Urdu in today's Bangladesh, then it's in old Dacca and Bihari colony.

2) In Bangladesh all Madrasa student know how to read, write and speak Urdu, Farsi and Arabic.

One point. Dhaka Nawab family started with Khawaja Gani (if I am correct of the name). He came to Bengal to escape the anarchy in Delhi and save his own life. He was from Delhi for many generations, but his ancestors were Kashmiri. He did not come to Bengal directly from Kashmir.

Another point, there were million others from north India who had also migrated to Bengal. Nobody is any more aware of his heritage, only the rich old families are.

i know what you try to xplain,but personaly i'm expert on hindi and bangla.that means like bengali i know read and write hindi with vocabulary,actualy i dont find difficulties indeed.xcept one.on verb we dont use male or female term like " kia kar rahi ho" or " kia kar rahe ho".w simply use : ki (kia) korcho (kar rahe/rahi)? verb is here " hoi(jase ki in hindi "ho" like kia ho rahe hain?) .here is ho/hoi but it is absent/untold.even ur's and ours same language.hindi was from western magadh means from western part of present bihar and bengali from eastern magadh means from eastern part of bihar ,but later many foreign words from arabic,sanskrit,turkish,poshtu ,african ,latin ,mongoloid nd chinese entered on it and it becomes modified.even bangla which is spoken on west bengal is not original bengali,it's also modified. urdu is also very easy language for some of us (bangladeshi).because like mine there are many sayed ,nawab and khwaja family in old dhaka city.so people like our family still there speak urdu,many knows to read and write urdu and farshi,some also know arabic.because we are not like rest of other bengali.we the dhakaias are different on culture,language as most of us are iraqi sayed origin.bengali grammer is easy but if you read the original bengali gramer there will u find too a,aa like yours.after hri,there comes lee which is now used as a a number ( bengali 9).

Neither do you speak proper Hindi/Urdu nor do you speak proper Bengali/English.

i know what you try to xplain,but personaly i'm expert on hindi and bangla.that means like bengali i know read and write hindi with vocabulary,actualy i dont find difficulties indeed.xcept one.on verb we dont use male or female term like " kia kar rahi ho" or " kia kar rahe ho".w simply use : ki (kia) korcho (kar rahe/rahi)? verb is here " hoi(jase ki in hindi "ho" like kia ho rahe hain?) .here is ho/hoi but it is absent/untold.even ur's and ours same language.hindi was from western magadh means from western part of present bihar and bengali from eastern magadh means from eastern part of bihar ,but later many foreign words from arabic,sanskrit,turkish,poshtu ,african ,latin ,mongoloid nd chinese entered on it and it becomes modified.even bangla which is spoken on west bengal is not original bengali,it's also modified. urdu is also very easy language for some of us (bangladeshi).because like mine there are many sayed ,nawab and khwaja family in old dhaka city.so people like our family still there speak urdu,many knows to read and write urdu and farshi,some also know arabic.because we are not like rest of other bengali.we the dhakaias are different on culture,language as most of us are iraqi sayed origin.bengali grammer is easy but if you read the original bengali gramer there will u find too a,aa like yours.after hri,there comes lee which is now used as a a number ( bengali 9).

You really speak horrible Hindi. Also Hindi is not from western Magadh, Eastern Magadh, Magadh is South Western Bihar. Standard Hindi is the dialect of Delhi and adjoining areas in Western UP. Also, Hindi has more Sanskrit word that's why Hindi and Urdu are existing as a separate language. There are only few Persian, Arabic loanwords in Hindi, because our inspiration is Sanskrit language not foreign languages like Persian and Arabic.

There was a language called "Maaghadi Prakrit" from which three languages Bengali, Assamese and Oriya originated.

You really speak horrible Hindi. Also Hindi is not from western Magadh, Eastern Magadh, Magadh is South Western Bihar. Standard Hindi is the dialect of Delhi and adjoining areas in Western UP. Also, Hindi has more Sanskrit word that's why Hindi and Urdu are existing as a separate language. There are only few Persian, Arabic loanwords in Hindi, because our inspiration is Sanskrit language not foreign languages like Persian and Arabic.

There was a language called "Maaghadi Prakrit" from which three languages Bengali, Assamese and Oriya originated.

Hindi got more influnced by its western neighbours than Sanskrit. Sanskrit only 25%.

Wait, I don't understand what you mean here. What is the connection between speaking Urdu; reading and writing Farsi; knowing Arabic and being of the descents in the bolded area? Especially since you are in a Bengali-speaking environment. :what:
yes ,its possible. one by one i explain.first of all ,from paternal side i'm from dhakaia nabab family and all knows that nababs language is urdu.my grandmother's mother and her mother's mother both were urdu speaker.my grandmothers father was a army officer and a doctor on that era.now about my grandfather.by grandfather's side we're from nabab family true but we're originaly sayed from baghdad of iraq.and sayed's are all from iraq to east bengal .they come here just during east india companies period,so arabic was there main language and all most all the sayed who are originaly of iraq know arabic /farshi.my mother's maternal grandfather know hindi,urdu,arabic,farshi.coz during that period they were compalsary and by heridatiary means we still save this practice among us. infact my maternal grandfather know hindi,english,urdu ,arabic reading and writing.so not for all but for us it is possible.arabic is li'll bit hard but hindi,bangla,urdu not at all.and the connection is by father side from father side i'm from a nabab family and from mother side from a landlord family . dighis,mango-garden,neel-kuthi of my maternal grandfathers family still on maskathia of rajsahi district .

There was a language called "Maaghadi Prakrit" from which three languages Bengali, Assamese and Oriya originated.magadh was bihar ,this i mean actualy.and like u i also want to say that hindi has more sanskrit,but here my xplanation about bengali.bengali was influenced by other language not hindi,that i wanna say.is not it true hindi originated as local dialects such as Braj, Awadhi, and finally Khari Boli after the turn of tenth century?devnagri script owes it's origins from sanskrit. about maghdhi prakrit ,i know this story.but at last main conclusion is,hindi ,bengali is from same origin

To all those East Pakistanis and Bengalis that remained loyal to the Pakistan cause, my respect.

He is the most confused guy!!! He thinks he is the only Arabian descend in this country. There are millions of Turkemin lives in Sylhet region, there more millions Arabs lives in Chittagong, Noakhali region ploughing land even sweeping roads... But one good thing about them they dont brag about their ancestry neither aware of that. All are proud Bangladeshis. We make fun to all our Syed relatives as they even dont know whether they are Shia or Sunni, but none speak Urdu or Farsi neither Arabic but all Bengalis.
i would be more happy if u say bangladeshi,because we may be bangladeshi not bengali . " We make fun to all our Syed relatives as they even dont know whether they are Shia or Sunni, but none speak Urdu or Farsi neither Arabic but all Bengalis" .now i'm realy confused what u are a sayed or what :rofl: people who dont repect their root but love to makes fun of it ,wht more i can say.however .yes about sylhet what u say true ,but noakhali !! it was a hindu ruled area and even now on no cow meat is available on hotels on noakhali,kumilla .so dont try to fool me.do u ever heard any dhakaia speak bangla or have you ever been on old dhaka?probably not or if you been there than you're not so clear about us.all the dhakaia family use just two language ,they are urdu as first tongue,dhakaia as second tongue.dont try to make others confused.and what is the problem of you if we use urdu/dhakaia? u have no right to force upon us.if you want ,then try this upon chittagongs tribal,if u succeed .... we have no problem with your forcing to speak in bangla.and if a family maintains its tradition ,then whats u'r problem ?problem with what? urdu,farshi or arabic? as a muslim to know arabic to read n understand quran our duty.and urdu our family tongue so we loved,love and will always love urdu and dhakaia.personaly i dont have problem with bangla ,but when u your self is not a dhakaia ,its useless to make u understand.so i have no problem wat u wanna think , mr xpert:rofl:

Hindi got more influnced by its western neighbours than Sanskrit. Sanskrit only 25%.

Yes, Bengali has more Sanskrit word than Hindi as it was most isolated language from Persian.I don't know the exact percentage. You may heard of Ayub Khan once saying,"East Pakistanis are still in under considerable Hindu influence because Bengali was not Persianized. They tried to Change your script from Bengali to Arabic and Bengalis resisted it intensely." Because west Pakistan thought if someone uses Indic script and Sanskrit will make you Hindu. Anyway have you read about Hindi-Urdu dispute.

Like u i also want to say that hindi has more sanskrit,but here my xplanation about bengali.bengali was influenced by other language not hindi,that i wanna say.is not it true hindi originated as local dialects such as Braj, Awadhi, and finally Khari Boli after the turn of tenth century?devnagri script owes it's origins from sanskrit. about maghdhi prakrit ,i know this story.but at last main conclusion is,hindi ,bengali is from same origin

Yes, Bengali and Hindi both are successor language of Sanskrit. From Sanskrit three languages originated- Sharuaseni Prakirt, Magadhi Prakrit, Maharashtri Prakrit. Hindi originated from Shaurseni and Bengali from Magadhi. Braj, Awadhi, Khari boli all originated together but Braj and Awadhi have rich literature so they are incorporated in Standard Hindi poetry though Khari boli(means. pure language) was used as Standard.

Both Devanagri and Bengali script originated from Brahmi. Difference between Devanagari script and Bengali script is that Devanagari uses circular letter and Bengali has triangular letters but still many different & common symbols are there.

You may heard of Ayub Khan once saying,"East Pakistanis are still in under considerable Hindu influence because Bengali was not Persianized. They tried to Change your script from Bengali to Arabic and Bengalis resisted it intensely." Because west Pakistan thought if someone uses Indic script and Sanskrit will make you Hindu. Anyway have you read about Hindi-Urdu dispute.

Yes, it was true then and now. The then Pakistani government took the initiative to change the script to synchronize all the languages of united Pakistan but due to low quality Muslims and Hindus, it wasn't done. As a result, Bangla language has made a chunk of Bangladeshi Muslim semi Hindu due to influence of Tagore and other Hindu writers. Bangladeshi Bangla once comprise of about 6000 Persian origin words alone but they are no longer being used in modern Bangla because of Hindu origin script(present script). I personally hate this script.

If we could have adopt Persian scripts then Bangladeshi Bangla would have been totally different(like Urdu and Hindi) from west Bengali Bangla and it would have been called "muslim Bangla". I am still for it and we are hoping that it will be done one day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom