What's new

12 dead and 14 hurt in cross-border Afghan shelling in Chaman

There have been strong retaliation by Pakistan Army units in the area and ANA have vacated there posts in the village area that saw bulk of the fighting. It was actually related to census as the ANA despite having advance notification through diplomatic and military channels tried to stop people from participating in the census being conducted in the area (this is part of the land divided between the two countries). Anyway, they have taken a few innocent lives but have ran away with tails between there legs. There are some inside reports suggesting that army have now taken the entire area (whole village) under there control and census will take place in whole area.

Details may follow.

So, is there a ceasefire now?

I doubt Imran Khan will be different especially when it comes to Afghanistan matters.

Irrelevant post as IK is not the PM.

The trend of border conflicts and internal terrorism is well established every single time NS is in serious trouble. This is all to keep him in power and distract public from Panama and Dawn leaks. NS is a security risk, no doubt about that.

18221975_1462581200431014_7323312051991273652_n.png

ANA Is composed of those criminals who are not wellwishers of Afghans specially of Pashtuns hence such misadventures are only aimed at harming common Afghans and their interests. the border closure for a month sets stinking asses in Afghanistan on fire

Man it took time to read all that .

I hope things normalise soon . Afghanistan seriously wants Pakistan to be their enemy , Why ? What benefit they think they would get out of all this mess .

this is what our group of media persons received and receiving from fellows in balochistan . since am not based there i am sharing what is coming our way. in case of torkham I was able to report on ground. here am sharing fellows' inputs. mainstream might need to take time and verification.

I see. Well I hope mainstream media reports it bcz it would actually help diminish a lot of anger.
There have been strong retaliation by Pakistan Army units in the area and ANA have vacated there posts in the village area that saw bulk of the fighting. It was actually related to census as the ANA despite having advance notification through diplomatic and military channels tried to stop people from participating in the census being conducted in the area (this is part of the land divided between the two countries). Anyway, they have taken a few innocent lives but have ran away with tails between there legs. There are some inside reports suggesting that army have now taken the entire area (whole village) under there control and census will take place in whole area.

Details may follow.

Here is hoping.

Latest: Reports are coming in that Afghanistan is constantly shelling the city of Chaman. There are reports of civilian casualties but numbers cannot be confirmed till now.

Press Release

PakArmedForces.png

No PR-240/2017-ISPR Dated: May 5, 2017
Chaman - May 5, 2017:

Afghan Border Police opens fire on FC detailed for security of Population Census team. One civilian shaheed, 18 individuals including 4 FC Balochistan soldiers injured.

Since 30th April, Afghan Border Police had been creating hurdles in conduct of census in divided villages of Killi Luqman and Killi Jahangir in Charnan area on Pakistani side of the border. This was done despite the fact that Afghan authorities had been informed well in advance and coordination was carried out through diplomatic and military channels for conduct of census. Exchange of fire continues. Chaman crossing closed.

-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-

Pakistani forces Have retaliated and Afghan National Army has suffered multiple casualties.

You must notice the pattern here.

a. Hindu-stan fails in Kashmir.
b. Blasphemy / riot
c. Taliban try to attack posts.
d. Chaman border

So, is there a ceasefire now?
They are not in the area as far as i know. What i was told was "They have ran away and left the posts behind leaving the whole area unattended. Army controls the whole village/area/zone now and a census will be happening in the complete area". From what i get, originally the area is divided between Afghanistan and Pakistan. They messed up with the census on our side most probably claiming that it was illegal but when a few good ones were shoved in there backs they ran away and the whole village is under Pakistani control now and army may hold a census in the whole village/area.

Man it took time to read all that .

I hope things normalise soon . Afghanistan seriously wants Pakistan to be their enemy , Why ? What benefit they think they would get out of all this mess .
There MASTERS are happy!! Isnt it enough? :)

They are not in the area as far as i know. What i was told was "They have ran away and left the posts behind leaving the whole area unattended. Army controls the whole village/area/zone now and a census will be happening in the complete area". From what i get, originally the area is divided between Afghanistan and Pakistan. They messed up with the census on our side most probably claiming that it was illegal but when a few good ones were shoved in there backs they ran away and the whole village is under Pakistani control now and army may hold a census in the whole village/area.

There MASTERS are happy!! Isnt it enough? :)

Wait. If we are holding census in the entire area then that means we are annexing it and have no plans for returning it. It would truly interesting if mainstream media reports this bcz it would help combat anger. A lot of anger that may burst out on afghan refugees.

Well.. everything wrong n Pakistan is because of someone else..
Thank you for confirming but it would have been nice if you could have named that "SOMEONE" else here too if you re aware of it.
Anyway, you are wrong about "everything". NOT EVERYTHING wrong in Pakistan is because of someone else. Many of these things are our own doing as well.

Wait. If we are holding census in the entire area then that means we are annexing it and have no plans for returning it. It would truly interesting if mainstream media reports this bcz it would help combat anger. A lot of anger that may burst out on afghan refugees.
I think it will be a power projection stunt and things will return back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom