What's new

12 dead and 14 hurt in cross-border Afghan shelling in Chaman

Army controls the whole village/area/zone now

And we should not leave the area once things get cooled down. It is imperative that we create a buffer zone well inside Afghanistan border to keep them in check. Openly killing 9 civilians is a mini act of war.

You must notice the pattern here.

a. Hindu-stan fails in Kashmir.
b. Blasphemy / riot
c. Taliban try to attack posts.
d. Chaman border

All part of modern 4th & 5th gen warfare. But many can't see all that.

Well.. everything wrong n Pakistan is because of someone else..

Go take a lesson the types of warfare.

This is too much. Pakistan should retaliate effectively and make sure that Afghanistan don't do it again. This is not acceptable at all. We should close the border for at least 2 months now and send Afghanistan a loud message from our side.

Disputed status is not the subject and I hope, you may read thread in detail especially shared articles w.r.t. skirmish. Pakistan is conducting census on our side of border and especially since start of census, many culprits specifically NDS have been arrested inside Pakistan yet looking at border area, actually such villages are safe heaven for them hence, as soon as SF approached area for census and the same was informed to Afghan Officials, they started firing to provide cover for assets on this of border to flee.
Moreover, census is done using National ID cards as the basis. Else, there is no point for the team to go there on Afghan side of the border to do headcounts. This is an evidence in itself that the ANA goons opened fire on the team that was working on our own side of the border

This therefore is a clear act of aggression and provocation which should be dealt with iron hands

I really do not think so they are at standby. With the processes involved and if air support is requested, takes 10 minutes to be airborne these days.
Can be any of the possible reasons logistical or strategical in nature.

But still one word - Safe zones
Do you want to attack Iran? What role can the navy play in a land-locked country like afghanistan? :hitwall:

@BHarwana - Put an end to your fantasies now.

ISPR:
Hotline contact between Pakistan and Afghan Director General Military Operation established. Director General Military Opeartions(DGMO) Pakistan Army Major General Sahir Shamshad Mirza condemned unprovoked firing on Pakistani villagers and security forces which caused casualties. He told his counterpart that the villages are divided i.e. situated on both sides but Pakistan forces and civilians are on own side of the border. Afghan Director General Military Operations acknowledge that border is in between villages and not at the ditch which is well inside Pakistan as being perceived by them. He asked Afghan DGMO that their forces to stay on their side of the border and defuse the situation. DGMO Pakistan Army told his counterpart that we shall continue our work within our border. A local commanders level Border Flag meeting is in progress post the hotline. Afghan DGMO agreed to take up the matter and issue necessary orders accordingly. Fire has stopped as of now.

Moreover, census is done using National ID cards as the basis. Else, there is no point for the team to go there on Afghan side of the border to do headcounts. This is an evidence in itself that the ANA goons opened fire on the team that was working on our own side of the border

This therefore is a clear act of aggression and provocation which should be dealt with iron hands

No doubt and their run leaving the posts unattended while having heavy losses as well as asking for ceasefire, is actually an evidence that how the fist is being shown however, I am not seeing returning the captured area so soon.

It not bravery to shell a village and kill 11 civilians and than run away wth tail tucked between legs... come and hold the villages like men...

We can shell their villages and kill 500 ... no problem... and no body gves a fck either...

But we wont

I think it will be a power projection stunt and things will return back to normal.
Well they should tell the public. As I said it would help. Power projection was done when we built the torkham gate despite their crying and their media and zakhilwal saying there is no construction. They forgot that and did this.

No doubt and their run leaving the posts unattended while having heavy losses as well as asking for ceasefire, is actually an evidence that how the fist is being shown however, I am not seeing returning the captured area so soon.

And we shouldn't and quite frankly it should be paraded so that the anger subsides. Infact to infuriate we should give the captured areas civilians CNIC and count then in census.

Back
Top Bottom