What's new

12 dead and 14 hurt in cross-border Afghan shelling in Chaman

Latest: Afghanistan has declared war on Pakistan:

@Areesh

upload_2017-5-5_16-2-15-png.394812

@Azlan Haider I am reporting this hours before these news channels but some people are getting butt hurt not my problem.

Just read your both posts and see what actually happened and that is the reason for asking you to provide the source as I can read clearly, in previous post it was claimed as declared war yet next one says ceasefire. One must be careful with words especially in these times. I am sure, you mistype or did not read the news correctly, hence, it is always advised to post the claims/news with source/link otherwise, it is nothing but useless post.

Af-Pak border heating up: Who is to be blamed?
Global Village Space |

On Friday, the Afghan forces fired upon troops of the Frontier Corps (FC) who were providing security to the census team on the Chaman border. In the ongoing firefight which involves the use of mortars, 7 civilians have been killed while 46 have been critically injured. The Chaman crossing has been sealed. The Afghans had been told about the planned census visit.

According to reports, mortar shells hit houses in the village of Kali Luqman. Among the injured are children and 4 FC soldiers.

This border skirmish comes just days after the Pakistan military and intelligence leadership visited Afghanistan for talks on better security cooperation.

Earlier DG ISPR, Major General Asif Ghafoor tweeted, “Afghan border police opened fire on FC troops detailed for the security of census in a village along Chaman border. One civilian killed and 18 others injured, including four FC soldiers.”

C_CXrNUVwAA5KLW.jpg:small

Read more:
Pakistan & Afghanistan: Victims of each other?

DG ISPR further said, “Since 30 April, Afghan border police has been creating hurdles in conducting the census in divided villages of Kili Luqman and Kili Jahangir in Chaman area on the Pakistani side of the border.”

However, of late this killing been happening frequently. The border was sealed and the Pakistani forces were said to have pounded terrorist camps inside Afghanistan in February 2017.

Recent Peace Initiative by Pakistan to reduce hostilities

This border skirmish comes just days after the Pakistan military and intelligence leadership visited Afghanistan for talks on better security cooperation. Last week, a military delegation headed by the Chief of General Staff (CGS), Lt. Gen. Bilal Akbar met Afghan army officials and discussed on new border security mechanisms. This violation of the border after assurances of cooperation has raised a lot of question marks.

Proactive engagements by Islamabad at multiple levels have been given a lackluster response by the Afghans in return. Not only has Pakistan been active on the bilateral level but also wholeheartedly participated in the Moscow-led conference on Afghanistan.

Pakistan has engaged with the Afghan leadership to resolve outstanding issues on various occasions and forums recently. Apart from interactions between the military and intelligence high command of both countries, Pakistan has tried other means too. Last month the Adviser for Foreign Affairs, Sartaj Aziz met the Afghan National Security Adviser, Hanif Atmar in London. It was done in response to constant complaints of Pakistan allowing its soil to be used against Afghanistan. Pakistan considered addressing these complaints despite having ample evidence of the Afghan soil being used for a series of attacks in Lahore and Sehwan this February. Pakistan went the extra mile by realizing the problems faced by Afghanistan in curtailing inimical elements and offered cooperation.

Read full article:

Af-Pak border heating up: Who is to be blamed?

Can't we target the real culprits like General Abdul Raziq, he is responsible. He said an interview that he will forever be Pakistan's enemy. Probably this is his reaction to rapprochement b/w Pak-Afghan.
general_abdul_raziq.jpg

https://www.voanews.com/a/pakistan-closes-border-crossing-with-afghanistan/3838993.html
An Afghan regional police chief, General Abdul Raziq, said Pakistani authorities were warned beforehand against conducting any activity in the divided villages, claiming they are part of Afghanistan.

“We had alerted our border police and also warned Pakistan that if they undertook any activity (in this area) it would cost them a big price,” Raziq insisted.

The media is no ultimate source at all. These guys were playing decade old videos of mujahideens blowing up Indian Soldiers, the last time things went hot at LoC.
Bro I have my sources and I am informing before these media outlets. They are just following.

Well I was referring to this below given quote.

Subject is, skirmish due to census in fear of apprehending of ANA assets and not the territory for which, PA informed Afghan's Gov in advance. Let's move on.

Still waiting for confirmation of PAF strikes on ANA positions, as claimed by you.
You will get much more than just PAF air strikes. ANA will lose an entire battalion if they don't stop this cross border firing.

The media is no ultimate source at all. These guys were playing decade old videos of mujahideens blowing up Indian Soldiers, the last time things went hot at LoC.

I am sure, they will even share the video of Gulbadeen entering Kabul back in Afghan Jihad days, to act like headless chickens and boost the fake or zero moral.

great ! So Afghanis found a way to get away unharmed, relatively speaking .

Bomb Pakistani territory ,kill our civilians and soldiers' and when push comes to shove , declare cease fire! And we out of our incompetence will oblige .
Who is obliging? ANA is losing soldiers as we speak.

You will get much more than just PAF air strikes. ANA will lose an entire battalion if they don't stop this cross border firing.
Or they have already stopped as per media reports.

If not Afghans than we need to declare a war on them, capture as much as we can and after negotiations give back the occupied areas to Afghan Taliban. Before that send a shut up call to Uncle Sam both northern and American fails to control and if they not we control it.
RIP lost souls.

"Anticipate", I do not think you know what that means. We share a 2500km frontage with Afghanistan. Do you believe we can simply "predict" where some high on heroine Afghan is going to lob a mortar? And no, your analogy is so broken, I do not know how you even came up with that. Cross border fire across the working boundary is not the mandate of Punjab Police but the Punjab Rangers, they exist, heard of them? As for failure to respond, they're still responding, its an ongoing situation, how can you start giving out your certificate of merit when the situation has yet to conclude?

Its not just one position that Afghanistan occupies along the border, you know? Lets say they open new front, will we continue flying F-16s just for show and moving in tanks all along 2500km of our shared border?

Here you go. Another way they could have anticipated what the afghans were going to do

VOA article posted by one of the members

An Afghan regional police chief, General Abdul Raziq, said Pakistani authorities were warned beforehand against conducting any activity in the divided villages, claiming they are part of Afghanistan.

“We had alerted our border police and also warned Pakistan that if they undertook any activity (in this area) it would cost them a big price,” Raziq insisted.

Moderators please delete Bhawarna's irrelevant posts from the topic and please warn him accordingly. He has a habit of posting false news.
He is eight dude, go and try to google afghan news

Back
Top Bottom