What's new

11 Feb '13: Pakistan conducts test fires of two Hatf-IX Nasr BRBMs

Ignoring your typical indian rant, i must stress that those madrassa student raped and wrecked a superpower and are wrecking another.

try to threaten the sovereignty of those super powers, issue a warning or declare war on those super powers and we will see who gets raped. they will bomb every inch of the land of pure to stone age, be thankful that Americans are not as arrogant as the Pakistani media makes it to be, if the Americans were after complete victory or dominance , they could have bombed every patch of Afghanistan and Pakistan, and Pakistanis wouldn't even know what hit them.

your entire military's pride and honor was raped during OBL raid.

Grass seems always greener in the coming years. You are being, encircled as we speak, another decade you would be locked in.

good luck with this classic brain fart.

India can't do anything to Pakistan economically except sending terrorists.

you are right ,India can do nothing to Pakistan's economy because Pakistani economy has already hit the rock bottom, it cannot be taken down any further.

From the video it seems Nasr is super sonic like Brahmose. :P

What did i say - the economy growing at a pace faster than Pakistan's over a sustained period of time. That means India adds much more than Pakistan does every passing year - disbalancing the equilibrium.

Infact even if Pakistan along with every South Asian neighbour attacks India simultaneously, there would still be no credible threat to New Delhi. Indian military would beat them all - that is the extent of disparity

Economy takes time to build up and get a momentum, highly unlikely to happen for Pakistan till 2020. By then India would have 2 decades of advantage over Pakistan.

Dear every single unit growth in Indian economy decreases the chance of full scale or limited war.........as no prosperous nation in modern history ever fought war on its own soil......and those who tried lost that war....... If somehow Indian Generals, in their insanity decided to have a war with any of its neighbour, that will be end of economic growth of India at least a for decade........I don’t believe in India Army Generals are that powerfull.......

I would like to Qoute Sir Winston Churchill

"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy or that anyone who embarks on that strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events… incompetent or arrogant commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant fortune, ugly surprise, awful miscalculations."

Dear every single unit growth in Indian economy decreases the chance of full scale or limited war.........as no prosperous nation in modern history ever fought war on its own soil......and those who tried lost that war....... If somehow Indian Generals, in their insanity decided to have a war with any of its neighbour, that will be end of economic growth of India at least a for decade........I don’t believe in India Army Generals are that powerfull.......

I would like to Qoute Sir Winston Churchill

"Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy or that anyone who embarks on that strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events… incompetent or arrogant commanders, untrustworthy allies, hostile neutrals, malignant fortune, ugly surprise, awful miscalculations."

War or any punitive measures will be wholly and solely decided by GoI, not the Indian Army. That is a preserve of the politicians of the day.

That said, India has a vested interest in making sure that Pakistan gives MFN to India and there are deep interlinkages between the economies.

What did i say - the economy growing at a pace faster than Pakistan's over a sustained period of time. That means India adds much more than Pakistan does every passing year - disbalancing the equilibrium.

Off course India will add more, because it has a population that is almost 6 times bigger than Pakistan's. Pakistan needs to initiate reforms and grow on its own terms, it will act as a stabilizer for the region. Pakistan's growth is essential for the region because acts as a deterrent against the hegemonic designs of India.

That is because the super powers wanted occupation. India does not. India's objective is to destroy the Pakistani Army, not occupy territory. This is exactly what Cold Start is about. Its not about holding territory for negotiations. Its about destroying Pakistan's military by engaging in smaller units over a larger area rather than massed battles along with Pakistan's industrial infrastructure. If the madrassa students enter these zones - they are sure to find allah waiting in the after life.

Cold Start has been pretty much thrown on the back burner. PA has effectively nullified the Cold Start Doctrine with its superior mobilization, increased mechanization, increased emphasis on accuracy and a complete network centric warfare environment. Madrassa students don't need to enter the war zone as PA Armour is good enough to create a kill box for any advancing Indian Armour :). Destroying Pakistan Army is just a wet dream that is being hypothesized in India for the last 60 years, so far it has failed.

I think its time now that Indians come down back to Earth and stop living in this Utopian World. You need to stop pretending to be scary, because believe me you are not. You might scare Nepal, Bhutan or Bangladesh but you are certainly not scaring Pakistan here. After all this time, you should learn that India cannot bully or coerce Pakistan like it coerces her other neighbours. Even after these billions of dollars spent, India still lacks the muscle she requires to effectively disband Pakistan Army.

Saying that Pakistan has no plans to conquer India is like saying Venezuela has no plans to conquer USA. Pakistan simply cannot.

Infact even if Pakistan along with every South Asian neighbour attacks India simultaneously, there would still be no credible threat to New Delhi. Indian military would beat them all - that is the extent of disparity.

True, we don't have the logistics and the manpower to conquer Delhi but if push comes to shove, we do have the fire power with our 100 nukes to turn entire India into ash. None of the other South Asian countries possess this power, we don't want to fight a nuclear war but if our existence is threatened, we will take it to the next level.

Keep seeing. Economy takes time to build up and get a momentum, highly unlikely to happen for Pakistan till 2020. By then India would have 2 decades of advantage over Pakistan.

We are seeing, Musharraf was able to turn the economy around in 2 years and from a growth of 3% in 2002, it was growing at a rate of 8% in 2004. Anyone who is familiar with the Pakistani economy knows that growth of 6-7% is not hard for a country like Pakistan. Even in the midst of a civil war we are growing at a rate of 3.7%, and in the future it is only expected to go even up. Hopefully once this useless PPP Government is ousted, we will see better governance and economic growth.

Irrelevant is it not? The political leader in question may or may not be a dove. Manmohan for example is in love with Pakistan, was an absolute staunch dove. Other PM's may not be.

They may not, but once they see the reality they will also learn to fall in line. India lacks the muscle she requires to punish Pakistan, whatever damage India can cause Pakistan, Pakistan can reciprocate with exact ferocity.

Well - we do now. Nothing however comes close to the infrastructure and money pumped in by Pakistan Army during the 90's. India is not even coming close to that.

Believe me you have done enough, but don't worry as this drama on our Western borders come to an end, we will be freed up to deal with our real enemy. This free ride that India has enjoyed piggy backing on American effort will soon be over as the Americans leave.

By whom? China? Please, the String of Pearls that newspapers yell is an attempt to alarm the policy makers of India into getting confrontational with China. I would not be surprised that US is behind them. It was India - China animosity.

The only 2 places where India could have been worried about are clear - the Premier of SL has very unambiguously clarified to GoI that the Hambantota port - the ones Chinese are developing is strictly commercial and will remain so in the future under all circumstances. Further he has clarified that GoSL would not do anything that would jeopardize the security of India.

The other being BD. I hope you know that both the national parties of BD are tripping over each other to get into GoI's good books. The current PM of BD has already led to the best of relations enjoyed by India and BD probably after 1971. She herself is personally responsible for putting the final nail in the coffin of the NE Indian insurgencies!

Myanmar? We are building a port there! Only Pakistan remains? Do you think it matters?

No one's encircling India. We already have a ring around Indian Ocean, from Oman to Maldives to Seychelles to Andaman Islands and now building a port in Myanmar.

I think Indians should be nick named 'Spin Doctor's.

You people are that thick headed that you fail to realize that you are effectively encircled. Pakistan has check mated you on your West and the Chinese have check mated you on your East and North. You might be building up a port in Myanmar but are you out investing the Chinese over there, not by a long shot. The Chinese will never tolerate increased Indian presence inside Burma. The only place where you can grow is to the sea, and that is why we can see the emphasis on building up the Indian Navy.

As much as it pains me to say this but, the Chinese have played a grand stroke here. They have effectively blocked you from gaining access to Central Asia due to your belligerent attitude towards Pakistan, and they are in line to reap the rewards now. What you fail to realize is, the Chinese are your real competitors due to their size and proximity but they have effectively checked India through Pakistan by forcing the Indians to focus most of her military assets against Pakistan. India has realized this and that is why India despite all her set backs has a genuine desire to improve relations with Pakistan now. Its funny how geo-political turn of events make nations change their egoistic ways.

India is pushing very hard for economic integration with Pakistan. Pakistan is responding. Trade is increasing quite fast.
As soon as MFN is passed in Pakistan - Give it a decade, Pakistan will be in a tight economic embrace with India.

THEN India will have the leverage for hurting Pakistan economically. We are moving towards that gradually.

Get over yourself. The only reason why India is succeeding in improving economic relations with Pakistan is because there is a genuine desire in Pakistan to improve relations with India. People in Pakistan have realized that improving relations with India is going to be beneficial for them because trade based on reciprocity will pay massive dividends to the Pakistani society. India can only dream of hurting Pakistan economically because the products that Pakistan imports from India are mostly low value added and can be easily substituted from other nations. India exports more to Pakistan than it imports, any halt in trade will be unfavourable to Indian traders and not Pakistani.

I dont see that happening. I dont see any cards. If MFN is signed, nature will take its own course here.

Keep dreaming, your not the US. You have a long way to go before you reach that stature.

@Irfan Baloch Cold start lies in Cold storage.

looks like my post didnt go well.
while they want a free ride to boast about this start and that start but dont like the waiting response.
its a nonstarter bickering any way

We are going to punish you with cold start

.. and no you cant use your short range ballistic missiles to stop us because they wont hurt us unless they are Nuclear tipped

.. and no we dont like you to use the nukes on our assaulting battle groups because then you will invite the wrath of our full scale nukes

...and no you cant match our cold start conventionally because you dont have the men and material to do so, so you got no choice but to accept our awesomeness just like General Havoc & Lord Zedd submitted to the awesomeness of power rangers

.. well actually you should disband your army and throw your nukes in the sea so that we harass you with our BSF day and night like we do to your former eastern "liberated" part day and night.

..and next time you shouldnt test any more tactical missiles because that screws up all of our hype and tempo we build for our cold start. you are really party spoilers.

...you do the maths, if you try to stop our cold start and vaporize our forces then it has to be only done with nuclear because our soldiers are immune to all conventional weapons and wear TX-5000 turbo charged phantom shield plated armour which no conventional weapon can penetrate. or forget it dont do the maths because we invented the maths.

...and no, just stop talking and let us bully you with cold start and dont scare us with your big "pola/ liter ( پولا / لتر ) because pretty much soils everything. so you cant use any form of the nuclear weapons because we will too and we will both die and its not right so just let us attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Off course India will add more, because it has a population that is almost 6 times bigger than Pakistan's. Pakistan needs to initiate reforms and grow on its own terms, it will act as a stabilizer for the region. Pakistan's growth is essential for the region because acts as a deterrent against the hegemonic designs of India.
I think you went on a tangent. Because India has a population 6 times bigger does not mean that the percentage growth rate of India will be more than Pakistan! I hope you get this logic.

India has a higher growth rate than Pakistan. India has a higher growth rate than Pakistan because the economic fundamentals of India are sound, unlike Pakistan's.

This gives more resources to India compared to Pakistan each year, year on year. This creates disparity, and will show huge differences over sustained periods of time - like a decade!

Pakistan's growth or lack of it makes no difference to any other South Asian state as Pakistan is not connected to anyone barring Afghanistan. And we all know how much a stabilizing influence Pakistan has been in Afghanistan!

Cold Start has been pretty much thrown on the back burner. PA has effectively nullified the Cold Start Doctrine with its superior mobilization, increased mechanization, increased emphasis on accuracy and a complete network centric warfare environment. Madrassa students don't need to enter the war zone as PA Armour is good enough to create a kill box for any advancing Indian Armour :). Destroying Pakistan Army is just a wet dream that is being hypothesized in India for the last 60 years, so far it has failed.
Well, India did succeed in splitting up Pakistan quite successfully. We reap many benefits because of that today. So i dont hear the '60 year try' as a fail.

Pakistan will always have superior mobilization because of Pakistan's geography. Having very low depth and longer length essentially means its easy for Pakistan Army to dash to the border.

What it does not mean is that India's investment in its economy and military will mean that simply running to the border would mean that they field better equipment. India spending on its military over the decades has meant that today Pakistan is in no position to even launch a limited incursion in India. And while it means status quo right now, the same trends that have made Pakistani Army from an offensive or even a limited offensive force to an entirely defensive force, have not stopped. The same trends continue - Pakistan stuck in an economic doldrums while India keeps adding.

I hope you understand this point, and that India is adding forces in a manner that Pakistan cannot even match in technology, let alone being able to match in weapon for weapon. And these trends will only intensify, not weaken.

I think its time now that Indians come down back to Earth and stop living in this Utopian World. You need to stop pretending to be scary, because believe me you are not. You might scare Nepal, Bhutan or Bangladesh but you are certainly not scaring Pakistan here. After all this time, you should learn that India cannot bully or coerce Pakistan like it coerces her other neighbours. Even after these billions of dollars spent, India still lacks the muscle she requires to effectively disband Pakistan Army.
India cannot force Pakistan to disband its Army. That is not possible. Why would India want that. We want a pliable Pakistan. And that is slowly happening.

Do you know that when Pakistan wanted concessions on textiles from Europe, India had to give the final nod? Without India giving this to Pakistan, EU would not have agreed? These is but an instance of where things are headed. Do you hear Pakistani leaders talking about putting Kashmir on the backburner and going more for trade?

Why was it that before this, Pakistani leaders NEVER said that Kashmir should be put on the back burner, and trade would only come after Kashmir was solved. This is India getting what it wants from Pakistan - slowly - without using military means.

Or that Pakistan was totally against marking AGPL in Siachen while asking India to withdraw. What happened? If you are connected you would know that Pakistan has now agreed to sign the AGPL!

You might like to believe that Pakistan is absolutely immune from Indian pressure, but the truth is that Pakistan is gradually becoming susceptible to Indian pressure. Give it another decade, you will see the manifestation of the trends right now.

True, we don't have the logistics and the manpower to conquer Delhi but if push comes to shove, we do have the fire power with our 100 nukes to turn entire India into ash. None of the other South Asian countries possess this power, we don't want to fight a nuclear war but if our existence is threatened, we will take it to the next level.
Take it to any level you want. If it comes to a shooting match, Pakistan Army is going to be pummeled badly. Much more so than IA. Nukes donot give you any cover. Otherwise there is much that should not be happening in Pakistan, yet it is.

We are seeing, Musharraf was able to turn the economy around in 2 years and from a growth of 3% in 2002, it was growing at a rate of 8% in 2004. Anyone who is familiar with the Pakistani economy knows that growth of 6-7% is not hard for a country like Pakistan. Even in the midst of a civil war we are growing at a rate of 3.7%, and in the future it is only expected to go even up. Hopefully once this useless PPP Government is ousted, we will see better governance and economic growth.
Would you like me to give very comprehensive links on how many Pakistani experts say that the statistics that were coming out from Pakistan under Musharraf were nothing less than falsifications? Or that international agencies were also questioning the credibility of Pakistani stats?

While you can hope and dream, I donot see Pakistani economy coming back up before 2020. And that gives India over 2 decades of advantage over Pakistan.

They may not, but once they see the reality they will also learn to fall in line. India lacks the muscle she requires to punish Pakistan, whatever damage India can cause Pakistan, Pakistan can reciprocate with exact ferocity.
Really? Pakistan can not reciprocate with the exact ferocity is exactly the point. Unless Pakistan jumps straight to the nukes, Pakistan is starting to lag behind in the arms race. Its capacity to dish out is not equal to what it will recieve in a shooting war.
You people are that thick headed that you fail to realize that you are effectively encircled. Pakistan has check mated you on your West and the Chinese have check mated you on your East and North. You might be building up a port in Myanmar but are you out investing the Chinese over there, not by a long shot. The Chinese will never tolerate increased Indian presence inside Burma. The only place where you can grow is to the sea, and that is why we can see the emphasis on building up the Indian Navy.
Notorious Eagle, research before you talk. India has enormous influence in Myanmar. While you hope that Chinese will never 'Indian presence in Burma' the fact is that India already has considerable influence in Burma. The Generals of Myanmar are now very very wary of China, and coupled with the fact that India is now providing arms to Burma - in defiance of EU laws - like the British Islander surveillance plane, among trucks, tanks, arty, coupled with Syu Ki's release and active participation in Burma - we are second only to China and not too far behind.

As for our coup -de -grace , it has been India who arranged the meeting between Hillary Clinton and Burma, effectively adding US on India's side in supporting Myanmar which also effectively ended Myanmar's isolation from the West.

Our East is wide open to our influence and route. BD and Myanmar are both under very high levels of Indian influence. India is building a port and road from that port to our NE. So before you rant on how China will deny us anything, read beforehand on those countries.

As much as it pains me to say this but, the Chinese have played a grand stroke here. They have effectively blocked you from gaining access to Central Asia due to your belligerent attitude towards Pakistan, and they are in line to reap the rewards now. What you fail to realize is, the Chinese are your real competitors due to their size and proximity but they have effectively checked India through Pakistan by forcing the Indians to focus most of her military assets against Pakistan. India has realized this and that is why India despite all her set backs has a genuine desire to improve relations with Pakistan now. Its funny how geo-political turn of events make nations change their egoistic ways.
The only place, where we lack physical access is Central Asia.

And do you know why? Its not because of China. China has no capacity to block us.

It is because of US. What we need from Central Asia is resources. And contrary to what you believe, it is not feasible to bring heavy metals all the way from Afghanistan and Central Asia via a rail line through Pakistan. These things need ports for metal evacuation considering the distance.

And as long as US continues to isolate Iran, we cannot access those minerals. The day US stops imposing sanctions on Iran, our route to Central Asia is wide open!

And as for as military assets go. You realize that a fight for survival with China is not possible. We have the mountains up north which remove any possibility of massed war. The only pockets are in East and North.

And India's new procurements in the last 2 -3 years are all geared towards China. That even includes the Apaches! The gunships that would have been most handy in destroying Pakistani armour, they are going to be stationed in the East. That should give you more than a clue.

Get over yourself. The only reason why India is succeeding in improving economic relations with Pakistan is because there is a genuine desire in Pakistan to improve relations with India. People in Pakistan have realized that improving relations with India is going to be beneficial for them because trade based on reciprocity will pay massive dividends to the Pakistani society. India can only dream of hurting Pakistan economically because the products that Pakistan imports from India are mostly low value added and can be easily substituted from other nations. India exports more to Pakistan than it imports, any halt in trade will be unfavourable to Indian traders and not Pakistani.
This is a classic case. Pakistan does not import high value goods from India because of restrictions. The day MFN is granted and trade thrown wide open without restrictions, within a decade Pakistan would be importing all kinds of high value and high technology products from India.

This is exactly the reason why Pakistan Army has stopped Pakistan from trading with India without restrictions till date. They realize this.

However, what do you think has made Pakistani people and politicians feel that trade with India would better their lives and country? They didnt feel this before for 60 years, why now?
Its because they see and hear from newspapers and first hand, that India is growing fast, India is bettering itself. Had India not been economically growing, there would have been no change from what Pakistani's - public and polity - thought as before.

Do you see a 360 degree effect that India growing economically is having on Pakistan. Do

Keep dreaming, your not the US. You have a long way to go before you reach that stature.

India is not the US. We are trying to grow.
Do you see a 360 degree effect that India growing economically is having on Pakistan. Do you realize that Pakistan Army is already under severe stress in letting go the amount of budget it takes from Pakistan for just maintaining the current lopsided balance? A balance in which Pakistan Army cannot even execute limited incursions in India, that they did in the 65 as well as 71 wars?
Indian military today enjoys equipment and resources that PA can no longer fight in Indian territory.

And yet, India continues to grow more - put more money in economy, infrastructure as well as military. Putting even more pressure on PA to not let go of the ridiculously high percentage of budget it takes from Pakistan's national budget. You are caught in a classic bind. And we are pulling much further ahead of you.

War or any punitive measures will be wholly and solely decided by GoI, not the Indian Army. That is a preserve of the politicians of the day.

That said, India has a vested interest in making sure that Pakistan gives MFN to India and there are deep inter linkages between the economies.

Dear that is my point.......In India Democracy have its root because......Indian politicians have shown some maturity in this regards.......so my point is.....as far as political leadership at both side remain intact.......war is not very much possible.......theses missiles, tanks and jets are more like fancy toys.......which are although necessary in International Political scenario......for status symbols.....

MFN status to India will not be a holocaust type thing to Pakistani economy our Financial manager are enough for this.......even today we can buy KUM KUM KI CHORIA, some other star ki sari from local market and China is already enjoying this status......dear for economic frontier it will be beneficial for both or vice verse......e.g IPI project.......

On a side note Peace and stability in Afghanistan and working relationship with Pakistan is much needed thing for Indian economic growth at least for next 2 decades..........India is progressing it is a good thing for region..........but if war breakout......India will suffer more it will be like Suzuki Mehran or Mercedes ki collision me Mehran pori khatam bi ho jay......Mager Mercedes ke monetary and status nuqsan zada hoga........

I agree with all that you say. However terrorism emanating from Pakistani soil is major point of concern and for all practical purposes the only point of concern.

Pakistan cannot wash its hand off terrorists who end up in other countries by saying they are 'non state actors'. Sovereignty comes with responsibility. And to that end, Pakistani Govt has to make sure that PA stops its links with terrorist groups.

I agree with all that you say. However terrorism emanating from Pakistani soil is major point of concern and for all practical purposes the only point of concern.

Pakistan cannot wash its hand off terrorists who end up in other countries by saying they are 'non state actors'. Sovereignty comes with responsibility. And to that end, Pakistani Govt has to make sure that PA stops its links with terrorist groups.

Dear the word Terrorism is it self so ambiguous......I believe you know it better this word came in use after 9/11......
Kya us se phele ya sub nahi hota tha....??........... American, Indians, Russian.....all were involve in it when and where this thing suited to them......so Why to blame Pakistan only......Is liya ke KAMZOOR KI JOOROO SUB KI BHABI.....I will not go in Bangladesh & Mukti Bhani discussion........rather would say....

It was done by evey nation at the time when it was necessary for their Interest......then they decrease the intensity of it with the passage of time as it suited to them.......

If some thing was done against Pakistan by India....or Pakistan done against India....was in accordance to the situation of the region and world political environment..........NOBODY CAN BLAME ANYBODY AS NO ONE IS PAVITTAR

Now regional and International situation does not permit theses tactics any more.........

It will be suicidal for Pakistan to hope that, use battlefield Nukes on Indian division(even on Pakistani soil) will not invite a full scale nuclear retaliation.

So , they are ready to risk the lives of a billion Indians just for a couple of invading IBG's ? I never got any rational answer to that ...

So , they are ready to risk the lives of a billion Indians just for a couple of invading IBG's ? I never got any rational answer to that ...

I dont think Pakistan will use smaller nukes to wipe out IBG. Pakistan will think 100 times before even using a smaller nuke embedded in a short range missile. Thinkn about the consequences man, one thing leads to another and the cycle keeps repeating. Once Pakistan uses portable nuke to wipe out Invading Indian Army then it will only lead to a full nuclear war and major cities in Pakistan and India being destroyed!

And to that end, Pakistani Govt has to make sure that PA stops its links with terrorist groups.

First prove that they exist ,dear :cheesy:

On a more serious note , all Intelligence agencies of the world are involved in acts of non human and non moral nature ... Just learn how the CIA has engineered so many regime changes in the world ...

don't take armchair generals too serious..They want to fight an Armageddon on everything...

Then perhaps they should know the consequences , my friend :)

Thinkn about the consequences man, one thing leads to another and the cycle keeps repeating.

Nukes are last resort options , brother so unless and until they dont cross the border or specially any threshold , no one needs fear ... Do it , all hell breaks loose ...

First prove that they exist ,dear :cheesy:

On a more serious note , all Intelligence agencies of the world are involved in acts of non human and non moral nature ... Just learn how the CIA has engineered so many regime changes in the world ...

Then perhaps they should know the consequences , my friend :)

Nukes are last resort options , brother so unless and until they dont cross the border or specially any threshold , no one needs fear ... Do it , all hell breaks loose ...

but crossing border is not anywhere in the last stage. Last stage is like if Indian army has penetrated deeply within pakistan! Pakistan army will never use nukes at an early stage in the war

Back
Top Bottom