What's new

11 Feb '13: Pakistan conducts test fires of two Hatf-IX Nasr BRBMs

but crossing border is not anywhere in the last stage. Last stage is like if Indian army has penetrated deeply within pakistan! Pakistan army will never use nukes at an early stage in the war

What do you know of the geography of Pakistan ? :azn: ... Yes , nobody's using nukes just because IA have started crossing the border , that is the opinion of neighboring country's fanboys here , not ours ! They can keep underestimating our conventional strength , we do not mind honestly , its not like that PA cant fight without nuclear weapons ...

If they use one nuke, World will take away their nukes. Guaranteed.

The real question is " Does World even have the power to do so ? " ... If so , then why do I see North Korea and Iran in the nuclear power countries category even now :lol:

For the 6th God Forsaken time, the purpose of Nasr is being discussed. :disagree:

to ad nauseam , commendatore ... :D

But , what to do of some people ?

@Secur Well they ave so many Economic Sanctions ? Do you want one in this state of your economy ?

And please don't say that you flourish in Sanctions. :enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
And please don't say that you flourish in Sanctions. :enjoy:

Actually we do :D ... Imposing economic sanctions will not deter any nation to defend itself nor will it force it to hand over its nukes ... :lol: That time will be well past in the scenario being discussed ...

I make my own home " be my gallows " - Hannibal Lecter

Actually we do :D ... Imposing economic sanctions will not deter any nation to defend itself nor will it force it to hand over its nukes ... :lol: That time will be well past in the scenario being discussed ...
I make my own home " be my gallows " - Hannibal Lecter
Actually as economic conditions worsen, it affects social security. And that prepares a field for many threats.

Even if they don't take nukes, will it be worth having the sanctions ?

I think you went on a tangent. Because India has a population 6 times bigger does not mean that the percentage growth rate of India will be more than Pakistan! I hope you get this logic.

India has a higher growth rate than Pakistan. India has a higher growth rate than Pakistan because the economic fundamentals of India are sound, unlike Pakistan's.

This gives more resources to India compared to Pakistan each year, year on year. This creates disparity, and will show huge differences over sustained periods of time - like a decade!

And i believe you did not understand what i said. 1% economic growth for India adds more in terms of total amount compared to Pakistan's 1% growth. India has only outpaced Pakistan in her economic growth for the last 1.5 decade, before that Pakistan consistiently outpaced India. Right now the difference between the economic growth is only 2%, also please consider the factor that Pakistan is going through a severe crisis with governance and security related problems. As these problems die down in the next couple of years, economic growth for Pakistan will roar back into 7-8%.

Pakistan's growth or lack of it makes no difference to any other South Asian state as Pakistan is not connected to anyone barring Afghanistan. And we all know how much a stabilizing influence Pakistan has been in Afghanistan!

It does, it provides a counter weight to India's hegemony. Pakistan is the only country that is in the way of India becaming a regional hegemonic power in South Asia. Ignoring your back handed slap regarding Pakistan's influence in Afghanistan, it was quite stable after a long time but the equilibrium was tarnished after NATO lead invasion. I will refrain from commenting on India's overt and covert role in stirring up trouble in Maldives, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Pakistan etc.

Well, India did succeed in splitting up Pakistan quite successfully. We reap many benefits because of that today. So i dont hear the '60 year try' as a fail.

Not really, you allowed your enemy to concentrate his forces on one front instead of splitting them up in two taking into account his inferior numbers.

Pakistan will always have superior mobilization because of Pakistan's geography. Having very low depth and longer length essentially means its easy for Pakistan Army to dash to the border.

Excellent, thus the entire premise behind the CSD to mobilize before Pakistan mobilizes and catch Pakistan off guard is pretty much defeated.

What it does not mean is that India's investment in its economy and military will mean that simply running to the border would mean that they field better equipment. India spending on its military over the decades has meant that today Pakistan is in no position to even launch a limited incursion in India. And while it means status quo right now, the same trends that have made Pakistani Army from an offensive or even a limited offensive force to an entirely defensive force, have not stopped. The same trends continue - Pakistan stuck in an economic doldrums while India keeps adding.

Why would Pakistan want to lead an incursion into India when it can cause more damage to India from stand off ranges. Precision Guided Munitions and Cruise Missiles can cause more damage than sending in a Brigade to do the job. The only reason why PA in the past considered the idea of limited incursions into India because that was the only way to cause damage inside India. Our aircrafts in the past lacked the legs to strike deep inside India and cause considerable amount of damage. That disadvantage has been nullified with the addition of considerable arsenal of stand off weapons that Pakistan has accumulated in the last 2 decades.

I hope you understand this point, and that India is adding forces in a manner that Pakistan cannot even match in technology, let alone being able to match in weapon for weapon. And these trends will only intensify, not weaken.

Pray tell me, what force are you talking about because i have been closely following India's military build up and nothing suggests to me that Pakistan is outgunned. The only thing that i was terrified off were the 40 Smerch Batteries that IA acquired, it allowed IA to crush any mass formations of PA Armour from stand off ranges. Now that A-100 system has come online now with PA, it gives PA the ability to open the Smerch system for counter battery. But overall, i don't see any system with India right now that can deliver India the slam dunk she requires. As i said before, stop trying to be scary because you are not.

India cannot force Pakistan to disband its Army. That is not possible. Why would India want that. We want a pliable Pakistan. And that is slowly happening.

Off course you want that, everyone of your strategic planners who retire have stated this over and over again that PA needs to be disbanded. The only force that is standing in the way of IA becaming the sole hegemonic power of the region is PA.

Do you know that when Pakistan wanted concessions on textiles from Europe, India had to give the final nod? Without India giving this to Pakistan, EU would not have agreed? These is but an instance of where things are headed. Do you hear Pakistani leaders talking about putting Kashmir on the backburner and going more for trade?

Off course, consensus of India would be required or else it would have been plain discriminatory. As i said stop acting scary, this decision had nothing to do with your diplomatic or economic weight but more to do with equality.

Why was it that before this, Pakistani leaders NEVER said that Kashmir should be put on the back burner, and trade would only come after Kashmir was solved. This is India getting what it wants from Pakistan - slowly - without using military means.

It more has to do with the fact that Pakistan has realized that Kashmir cannot be won through a military duel due to the terrain and topography of the area. The only way forward for an amicable settlement is through a dialogue, it has nothing to do with Indian clout. But using your analogy, if India has succeeded here, how come it has failed to force Pakistani leaders to deport Hafiz Saeed to India? Looks like the Indian clout failed here, as i said before your not scary.

Or that Pakistan was totally against marking AGPL in Siachen while asking India to withdraw. What happened? If you are connected you would know that Pakistan has now agreed to sign the AGPL!

Same reason as Kashmirs, lack of ability to settle this through a military duel.

You might like to believe that Pakistan is absolutely immune from Indian pressure, but the truth is that Pakistan is gradually becoming susceptible to Indian pressure. Give it another decade, you will see the manifestation of the trends right now.

And pigs would fly, your just picking out straws to strenghten your flawed arguments. If Indian pressure was making Pakistan back off, believe me there are a lot more things India would have made Pakistan do.

Take it to any level you want. If it comes to a shooting match, Pakistan Army is going to be pummeled badly. Much more so than IA. Nukes donot give you any cover. Otherwise there is much that should not be happening in Pakistan, yet it is.

Heard this Indian Utopian Dream many times. Haven't you guys learned anything after the stand off in 2001 and 2008, PA is at best immune from a strike from IA as it was demonstrated twice in these two cases. PA called out IA's bluff twice and mobilized, in these cases the IA was red faced and made to look powerless against PA.

Would you like me to give very comprehensive links on how many Pakistani experts say that the statistics that were coming out from Pakistan under Musharraf were nothing less than falsifications? Or that international agencies were also questioning the credibility of Pakistani stats?

As they say, there is synthesis and antithesis. There are many who claim that stats were falsified but there are also many whom say that stats were not falsified. The stock market went through the roof, companies were producing record profits and consumption levels multiplied by almost 400 times. We living here in Pakistan saw the fruits of the economic development, never in my life did i ever see that much money in Pakistan as i saw it during Musharraf's term.

While you can hope and dream, I donot see Pakistani economy coming back up before 2020. And that gives India over 2 decades of advantage over Pakistan.

Well than keep dreaming my friend, time will be the decider.

Really? Pakistan can not reciprocate with the exact ferocity is exactly the point. Unless Pakistan jumps straight to the nukes, Pakistan is starting to lag behind in the arms race. Its capacity to dish out is not equal to what it will recieve in a shooting war.

No offense, but dude you guys try soo had to be scary that we have reached a point that we don't get scared at all. It could be India's close assocation with the Soviets or the Israelis taking an affect on Indian psyche, i dunno. If what you claim was true, your forces would have launched punitive strikes against the so called 'terrorist camps'. Or, after the so 'alleged beheading' of Indian soldiers, IA would have immediately responded with massive fire power and levelled PA positions something similar to what the Israelis did after one of their soldiers was kidnapped by Hezbollah in 2006. That did not happen, i am a true believer of an old saying 'Actions speak louder than words'.

Notorious Eagle, research before you talk. India has enormous influence in Myanmar. While you hope that Chinese will never 'Indian presence in Burma' the fact is that India already has considerable influence in Burma. The Generals of Myanmar are now very very wary of China, and coupled with the fact that India is now providing arms to Burma - in defiance of EU laws - like the British Islander surveillance plane, among trucks, tanks, arty, coupled with Syu Ki's release and active participation in Burma - we are second only to China and not too far behind.

Excellent and my sincere commendations for all that, but China still leads the race and is the largest patron of the Burmese Government. You still fail to understand what i said, you cannot grow on your East because the Chinese have blocked you over there. Building one port isn't enough, you lack the logistics.

As for our coup -de -grace , it has been India who arranged the meeting between Hillary Clinton and Burma, effectively adding US on India's side in supporting Myanmar which also effectively ended Myanmar's isolation from the West.

Time will be the judge

Our East is wide open to our influence and route. BD and Myanmar are both under very high levels of Indian influence. India is building a port and road from that port to our NE. So before you rant on how China will deny us anything, read beforehand on those countries.

Predicting about the future and looking at the current trends is a whole different ball game. Once India is fully set to expand in the East, i will retract my statement but as of now i won't. When the roads are built, the port gets busy and trucks start moving on those newly built roads, we will talk.

The only place, where we lack physical access is Central Asia.

And do you know why? Its not because of China. China has no capacity to block us.

It is because of US. What we need from Central Asia is resources. And contrary to what you believe, it is not feasible to bring heavy metals all the way from Afghanistan and Central Asia via a rail line through Pakistan. These things need ports for metal evacuation considering the distance.

Not the US, it is Pakistan that is sitting between you that is stopping your expansion on your West. This is why you cannot send your goods to Afghanistan, the only way you can do that is through air or through a long link through the sea. I cannot remember the name of the report but it clearly stated that Indian goods are 30-40% more expensive due to Pakistan's blockage of the Indian goods.

And as long as US continues to isolate Iran, we cannot access those minerals. The day US stops imposing sanctions on Iran, our route to Central Asia is wide open!

That day does not look possible any time soon, the Iranian regime still hates the US and chants 'Death to America'.

And India's new procurements in the last 2 -3 years are all geared towards China. That even includes the Apaches! The gunships that would have been most handy in destroying Pakistani armour, they are going to be stationed in the East. That should give you more than a clue.

Good for you, but is still enough to stop the PLA juggernaut. PLA can mobilize 40 divisions much faster before the Indians can rush their defences, this is why your raising new Corps over there. The infrastructure that PLA has built is simply spectacular, the IA is no where near building her capacity level similar to what the PLA has built.

This is a classic case. Pakistan does not import high value goods from India because of restrictions. The day MFN is granted and trade thrown wide open without restrictions, within a decade Pakistan would be importing all kinds of high value and high technology products from India.

Anything that India produces even high valued goods can easily be substituted from China, hate to break the news for you. India hooking Pakistan onto her goods is highly unlikely, the only way i see India fielding economic leverage on Pakistan is if it starts to import a lot of Pakistani goods and start making a considerable contribution to Pakistan's FX, something similar to what the Americans do but thats highly unlikely.

This is exactly the reason why Pakistan Army has stopped Pakistan from trading with India without restrictions till date. They realize this.

On the contrary, PA has encouraged the Government to open trade links with India, you are severely misinformed my friend.

However, what do you think has made Pakistani people and politicians feel that trade with India would better their lives and country? They didnt feel this before for 60 years, why now?
Its because they see and hear from newspapers and first hand, that India is growing fast, India is bettering itself. Had India not been economically growing, there would have been no change from what Pakistani's - public and polity - thought as before.

Do you see a 360 degree effect that India growing economically is having on Pakistan. Do

No arguments there. An economically strong India highly integrated with Pakistan economically is in Pakistan's best interests.

India is not the US. We are trying to grow.
Do you see a 360 degree effect that India growing economically is having on Pakistan. Do you realize that Pakistan Army is already under severe stress in letting go the amount of budget it takes from Pakistan for just maintaining the current lopsided balance? A balance in which Pakistan Army cannot even execute limited incursions in India, that they did in the 65 as well as 71 wars?
Indian military today enjoys equipment and resources that PA can no longer fight in Indian territory.

And yet, India continues to grow more - put more money in economy, infrastructure as well as military. Putting even more pressure on PA to not let go of the ridiculously high percentage of budget it takes from Pakistan's national budget. You are caught in a classic bind. And we are pulling much further ahead of you.

Seriousally, what is with this classic Indian fallacy of PA taking too much budget from Pakistan's national budget. Is Indian propaganda that strong that even intelligent individuals like you start believing non sense propaganda. Defence expenditure as of last year constituted almost 17% of the total budget and almost 3% of the total GDP, and keep in mind that we are also funding our military operations on the Western border out of that 17% budget.

Actually as economic conditions worsen, it affects social security. And that prepares a field for many threats.

Even if they don't take nukes, will it be worth having the sanctions ?

There's no denial ...

After ? No one is left and no form of Govt exists ? Think what is being discussed ...

@KRAIT bhai itna to mera pichwara bhi nahi jala tha india ke ICBM launch peh :enjoy:

What do you know of the geography of Pakistan ? :azn: ... Yes , nobody's using nukes just because IA have started crossing the border , that is the opinion of neighboring country's fanboys here , not ours ! They can keep underestimating our conventional strength , we do not mind honestly , its not like that PA cant fight without nuclear weapons ...

Well I agree with you but what i mean't was that probability of using nukes at earlier stage of a war is low

@KRAIT bhai itna to mera pichwara bhi nahi jala tha india ke ICBM launch peh :enjoy:
Abe jal kiski rahi hai. Waise bhi ICBM tum pe use nahin hogi. :enjoy:

We are discussing usage of Tactical Nukes which can spiral out into full blown Nuclear war.

I agree with all that you say. However terrorism emanating from Pakistani soil is major point of concern and for all practical purposes the only point of concern.

please stop ...this is like a broken record now

we are the ones who suffered because of your support of terrorist Mukti bahmi resulting in break up of the country and your support of BLA is openly flouted by the terrorists. its a two way streak

if you want assurences then so do we, if you people of a big democracy promise that you wont let your agencies and your leaders insitgate trouble and terrorism in Pakistan then we can do the same and hold our leaders accountable, its the power of people who removed a general and the president from the seat and made him an exile so yes we can do that. but question is .. are you honest enough and willing enough do to the same for us? or would you simply deny and maintain that your black ops and intelligence agencies only exist to study the impact of CFCs on the Ozone layer? lets be realistic here and lay off the crap shall we? there are numerous anti Pakistan entities that are operating in Pakistan and have recently sped up their work since the Indian offices have started sprouting all over Afghan Pakistan border of course they are not listed on google or international yellow pages for obvious reasons but people who need to know in India know very well what we are talking about.

lets be realistic here and lay off the crap shall we? there are numerous anti Pakistan entities that are operating in Pakistan and have recently sped up their work since the Indian offices have started sprouting all over Afghan Pakistan border of course they are not listed on google or international yellow pages for obvious reasons but people who need to know in India know very well what we are talking about.

Irfan Bhai

I for one believe that whether with India's consent or without, this whole drama is going to come to an end soon. As the Americans pack up and leave, they are trying to initiate self stabilising facors in Afghanistan. One of the stabilising factors is assure Pakistan that her interests are secure and Afghan territory would not be used for hostile acts against Pakistan. So far the Indians have been lucky to piggy back on American efforts without putting much weight inside Afghanistan, but as the Americans start packing up, they are going to soon start implementing these stabilising factors which includes an end to Indian covert ops inside Afghanistan. Thus, American and Indian interests have started to diverge in Afghanistan, thus it would be upto the Indians how high are they willing to pull up these stakes. The only way they can sustain these ops is through a much bigger effort of time, military and financial resources which clearly they are not willing to invest. As the Americans leave, i am willing to bet that Indians will also start packing up these special ops because they will be lacking the military muscle required for the protection for these ops.

please stop ...this is like a broken record now

we are the ones who suffered because of your support of terrorist Mukti bahmi resulting in break up of the country and your support of BLA is openly flouted by the terrorists. its a two way streak

if you want assurences then so do we, if you people of a big democracy promise that you wont let your agencies and your leaders insitgate trouble and terrorism in Pakistan then we can do the same and hold our leaders accountable, its the power of people who removed a general and the president from the seat and made him an exile so yes we can do that. but question is .. are you honest enough and willing enough do to the same for us? or would you simply deny and maintain that your black ops and intelligence agencies only exist to study the impact of CFCs on the Ozone layer? lets be realistic here and lay off the crap shall we? there are numerous anti Pakistan entities that are operating in Pakistan and have recently sped up their work since the Indian offices have started sprouting all over Afghan Pakistan border of course they are not listed on google or international yellow pages for obvious reasons but people who need to know in India know very well what we are talking about.

Irfan saheb,

The word Covert draws conjecture. If pakistani operations against India were covert, with no pakistanis involved, or no groups like Lashker e taibba, harkut ul mujhideen, al badr, jaish e muhamad, etc openly drawing recruitment and funds in pakistan, there woouldn't be any complaints. Do we see Indian groups drawing recruitment for fighting in balochistan, or do we see indian fighters in nwfp or are your ttp's captured from mumbai and banglore.

As far as Mukti bahini goes, as per your claim that it was a indian doctored organisation, then how do you explain bangladesh not descending into anarchy now. If it indeed was just an indian insurgency, bd wouldnt have survived after india pulled out.
Case and point khalistan movement, we clamped down on on the insurgents and the punjab did not support the rebels, once pakistani support died down there was no khalistan.

"Ahmed Omar Saeed Sheikh" from IC814 hijacking finds refuge in pakistan and kills danel pearl, When he was released from hijacking and went into pakistan, wasn't it the moral responsibility of pakistan to arrest him????

"Masood Azhar" from IC814 hijacking finds refuge in pakistan and and forms Jaish-e-Mohammed responsible for killing hundreds of indian civilians, When he was released from hijacking and went into pakistan, wasn't it the moral responsibility of pakistan to arrest him????

Mushtaq Ahmed Zargar from IC814 hijacking finds refuge in pakistan responsible for killing dozens of military personnel, When he was released from hijacking and went into pakistan, wasn't it the moral responsibility of pakistan to arrest him????

This shows pak government's endorsement to "terrorists", whereas Indian government has never pledged any allegiance to balochistan, we have never raised any baloch issues, niether do we support them, and neither do we supply them with Insas rifles, or IOF grenades as such.

Irfan Bhai

I for one believe that whether with India's consent or without, this whole drama is going to come to an end soon. As the Americans pack up and leave, they are trying to initiate self stabilising facors in Afghanistan. One of the stabilising factors is assure Pakistan that her interests are secure and Afghan territory would not be used for hostile acts against Pakistan. So far the Indians have been lucky to piggy back on American efforts without putting much weight inside Afghanistan, but as the Americans start packing up, they are going to soon start implementing these stabilising factors which includes an end to Indian covert ops inside Afghanistan. Thus, American and Indian interests have started to diverge in Afghanistan, thus it would be upto the Indians how high are they willing to pull up these stakes. The only way they can sustain these ops is through a much bigger effort of time, military and financial resources which clearly they are not willing to invest. As the Americans leave, i am willing to bet that Indians will also start packing up these special ops because they will be lacking the military muscle required for the protection for these ops.

@notorious_eagle
The subject of your thesis above: is it a "prediction" or is it a "wish list"?

I will make one prediction now; That USA and Iran will mend their fences. And the reason for that will be need to stabilise Afghanistan. Somebody will facilitate that.
Another thing; USA will draw in Russia and C.A.Rs also into the process. They will get much more purchase/leverage than they have now. This will get tacit approval from China.

Now just mull that over. Do even take an opinion on this from @muse on this. He has been thinking about this matter too and has his own take. Plus he is familiar with Robert Kaplan and his ideas. Then see how it can go.

Back
Top Bottom