What's new

1000+ Americans die in a single day

obj 705A

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
More than 1,000 in US die in a single day from coronavirus, doubling the worst daily death toll of the flu

The U.S. topped 1,000 coronavirus deaths in a single day for the first time Wednesday, a daily death toll more than double that of two of America's most deadly illnesses – lung cancer and the flu.

Death counts from the virus are difficult to keep up to date, but the Johns Hopkins coronavirus database – whose sources include the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the European CDC and the National Health Commission of China – shows that the U.S. hit 1,040 cases Wednesday at 10:25 p.m. ET. Since the virus' first appearance in the U.S. in late January, 5,116 people have died and more than 215,000 have been infected.

Some researchers say the daily death toll could more than double – to 2,200 or more – by mid-April. That figure would eclipse heart disease, the nation's No. 1 killer with about 1,772 deaths per day, according to the CDC.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...s-1-000-single-day-u-s-double-flu/5100905002/

Americans are having by far the worst outbreak of all other countries, such a scandal, if the Americans would just spend less on invading other countries & slaughtering their people then maybe.. just maybe their healthcare system wouldn't be this bad, but unfortunatly we all know they will never change, they have been waging constant war since their very existence.

Yeah, it's getting bad. Start of two months ago it was barely here, now my state is the Wuhan of the USA. Great. Stay safe. Not the time to mock other countries, a lot of us have somethings in common now.
Wuhan of China really fuc*** us all.

It's amazing how Germany managed to keep death rates so low, bit more than one percent while rest of Europe going above 5%.

Wuhan of China really fuc*** us all.

As a species we have to learn form this lesson, because I cant even imagine what a virus could do to us that is just as contagious or more, but more lethal.

So many people are unemployeed, so many businesses are being ruined, burdened health infrastructure, people dying.

As a species we have to learn form this lesson, because I cant even imagine what a virus could do to us that is just as contagious, but more lethal.

So many people are unemployeed, so many businesses are being ruined, people dying.

Especially the poor. This is most devastating on that section. In India, they would have to rely on public health system that is okay at best. If there is sudden surge like in West, it'll be devastating in India.

Especially the poor. This is most devastating on that section. In India, they would have to rely on public health system that is okay at best. If there is sudden surge like in West, it'll be devastating in India.

Without a doubt.

Really, I think this virus is a lightweight, but boy is it teaching us something - we are not prepared for a big hit. I dont think it's anti ballistic missiles we should invest much on, but proper education, methodologies against coping with a possible serious pathogen. It may reduce countries to their knees.

The average global mortality rate before COVID-19 was approx. 150,000 deaths (due to numerous causes) per day.

With quarantines, lockdowns and self-isolation those "other" causes may have reduced significantly.

When you look at the big picture the deaths from COVID-19 are not such a huge deviation from the mean, yet.

I hope that remains to be the case.

As a species we have to learn form this lesson, because I cant even imagine what a virus could do to us that is just as contagious or more, but more lethal.

So many people are unemployeed, so many businesses are being ruined, burdened health infrastructure, people dying.
SAME IMPACT AS WAR, BUT IS MORE VIOLENT.

Man, I always thought the days of the medieval plague were over with, how ignorant of me. We are just as vulnerable to something serious.

Back
Top Bottom