What's new

10 Stories That Prove Gurkhas Are the Fiercest Fighters on the Planet

I had Nepalese friends in my university here in scholarships -- pharma ...

Many looked like us -- although short statures.. Some were dark like indians (not wheateat -- but dark).. The Gurkha was the smallest and mongloid..

3 .. How many Pakistanis have you met ? Of any ethnic make up?

It was a rhetorical question..You can claim a thousand and I have no way to verify it.

How many Pakistanis have you met ? Of any ethnic make up?

Unlikely too many.. but in many cases.. how many Indians have Pakistanis met?
the fact remains that Indians are VERY VERY ignorant people compared to Pakistanis on average. Not saying ignorant in terms of knowledge but in terms of other cultures. Heck they dont know the cultures of their own various ethnicities at times. You would think Americans were bad in not knowing outside their little boxes of lives, Indians give them serious
competition

Not sure about him, met 2 actually thanks to being in immigrant central. One was a Brit soldier who is now a cop, the other runs a smoke shop.

They are ordinary people kept up by a martial culture. Take their kid, put him in a normal US upbringing and bully him.. you'll get a pussy.

It is the environment and not the genetics that matter most.

I agree for the most part but genetics too plays a part when it comes to physical fitness. I would consider genetics as foundation you can build on "or not"

It was a rhetorical question..You can claim a thousand and I have no way to verify it.
So can you. This is an online forum.. and whatever you say has as much weight to it as the other person wishes to give it.

I agree for the most part but genetics too plays a part when it comes to physical fitness. I would consider genetics as foundation you can build on "or not"
Sure, in terms of physical fitness.. but not in mental conditioning.

Really? I've never read anywhere that there are any soldiers who excel the Gurkas' balanced combination of toughness, stamina, improvisation, and controlled ferocity.

Sikhs, Rajputs, Jatts, Pakhtuns, all excel in combat and have proved their valour in prior conflicts that the Gurkhas also fought in e.g. the Second World War. The mentioned groups also come from martial cultures as well. This is just from the sub-continent alone.

Unlikely too many.. but in many cases.. how many Indians have Pakistanis met?
the fact remains that Indians are VERY VERY ignorant people compared to Pakistanis on average. Not saying ignorant in terms of knowledge but in terms of other cultures. Heck they dont know the cultures of their own various ethnicities at times. You would think Americans were bad in not knowing outside their little boxes of lives, Indians give them serious
competition

It is primarily due to the high poverty levels which prohibited too much travel and tied up most people in their villages as they subsisted mostly on agriculture. Now days there is a lot of urban migrations and big cities have become a melting pot for people of all ethnicities.

Travelling abroad remains a privilege of few. I don't think you can single out Indians alone, but yeah the geography combined with poverty did play a part.

So can you. This is an online forum.. and whatever you say has as much weight to it as the other person wishes to give it.

Sure, in terms of physical fitness.. but not in mental conditioning.

Yeah sure..That is why I said it was a rhetorical question. I try not to base my arguments on personal or anecdotal experience (I do fail).

Great men and great stories ,

They have the same genetics as gurkhas , very brave people they are !
They do not have the same genetics are Gurkhas, some of the folk look like Tajiks, the ones closer to chitral look line Pashtuns.

Nope they don't.. They indo European with cultural relations with neighbouring Central Asia & Tibet..

Gurkhas -- they claim their ancestor was a Rajput., but are visibly mongloid and their native country is w thousand miles away from GB.

View attachment 303201

Old pic of a NLI regiment on UN mission;

View attachment 303202

View attachment 303203
this guy looks tajik.
image-jpeg.303203

It is primarily due to the high poverty levels which prohibited too much travel and tied up most people in their villages as they subsisted mostly on agriculture. Now days there is a lot of urban migrations and big cities have become a melting pot for people of all ethnicities.

Travelling abroad remains a privilege of few. I don't think you can single out Indians alone, but yeah the geography combined with poverty did play a part.

Yeah sure..That is why I said it was a rhetorical question. I try not to base my arguments on personal or anecdotal experience (I do fail).

There is MASSIVE poverty in the entire subcontinent, but on the average the recent expat from Pakistan has better knowledge of the world than the Indian. This is not to say that the other is better at maths or science or otherwise in their lives but that when it comes to knowing their history & surroundings, the Indian is lacking.
To their credit, they make a lot of effort to try and help each other out in settling and understanding new ideas..but all in all, most Indians here are the equivalent of white Americans in their understanding of the world. Its either black or white and nothing at all. No wish to go beyond what they need to satisfy the minimal requirements. There are many who are exception to this, but by far its become a usual "tick" for me on the personality chart. More so in the current generation of Indians; its like they are robotic cogs being built for a system rather than thinking feeling people.
Maybe its the internet, maybe its the environment.

Have u ever seen one they have the same chinese features height and built as nepalese ..have u ever seen any gilgitis or baltistanis ??
Well yes, I have been their, they look nothing like gurkhas, some look like pashtuns, some look like tajiks.

Sikhs, Rajputs, Jatts, Pakhtuns, all excel in combat and have proved their valour in prior conflicts that the Gurkhas also fought in e.g. the Second World War. The mentioned groups also come from martial cultures as well. This is just from the sub-continent alone.
Of course. Yet if you dig I think you'll find the British opinion was that none of these groups matched the Gurkas in man-on-man effectiveness.

Rhetorical question as in what sense? You just quote me and ask how many I've met! And than call me a liar?

Oscar is right about the mental conditioning ..

may be you are too daft to understand what rhetorical means. FYI I never called you a liar but have fun.

AND that underhanded parting remark about mental conditioning, sure looking at the way you jumped to the conclusion that I called you a liar proves a thing or two about mental conditioning.

Have you seen videos where taliban behead Pakistnai soldier and then threw his mutilated corpse by kicking it over from above the cliff ? Professionalism aside, when soldiers in battlefield see such things including how enemy play football with your head. Humanity and Professionalism takes a leave from inside soldier
A disciplined soldier should do his outmost to avoid such behaviour, it reflects badly on the Pakistan army institution as a whole, makes us look like thugs which we most definitely are not.

There is MASSIVE poverty in the entire subcontinent, but on the average the recent expat from Pakistan has better knowledge of the world than the Indian. This is not to say that the other is better at maths or science or otherwise in their lives but that when it comes to knowing their history & surroundings, the Indian is lacking.
To their credit, they make a lot of effort to try and help each other out in settling and understanding new ideas..but all in all, most Indians here are the equivalent of white Americans in their understanding of the world. Its either black or white and nothing at all. No wish to go beyond what they need to satisfy the minimal requirements. There are many who are exception to this, but by far its become a usual "tick" for me on the personality chart. More so in the current generation of Indians; its like they are robotic cogs being built for a system rather than thinking feeling people.
Maybe its the internet, maybe its the environment.

Whenever you take digs at Indians it makes my eyes go moist with pride ! :cray:

Back
Top Bottom