What's new

10 Stories That Prove Gurkhas Are the Fiercest Fighters on the Planet

Whenever you take digs at Indians it makes my eyes go moist with pride ! :cray:
It is less of a dig and more of a pity. I work for an Indian boss who is also a close friend of my fathers and an extremely staunch Hindu. But for the lack of a better word that man has been like a father to me and sees me as his son. Yet, when you see the new Indian coming off the line here in the US(which they are every other fllight).. you see too many dumb cogs out here to do jobs on the cheap.
They all follow the same patterns of food, the same "that good, this bad" .. and more annoyingly.. they all buy fucking camrys.

Baltis have Tibetan features, while Gilgatis look like Chitralis.
@Samandri A lot of gilgatis look more like tajiks than chitralis I would say.

Of course. Yet if you dig I think you'll find the British opinion was that none of these groups matched the Gurkas in man-on-man effectiveness.
I tell you who are the baddest of all, they put the fear of hell in everyone who encounters them, those IDF soldiers half of whom seem to be wearing triple glazed glasses .lol:lol::lol::lol::lol:

There is MASSIVE poverty in the entire subcontinent, but on the average the recent expat from Pakistan has better knowledge of the world than the Indian. This is not to say that the other is better at maths or science or otherwise in their lives but that when it comes to knowing their history & surroundings, the Indian is lacking.
To their credit, they make a lot of effort to try and help each other out in settling and understanding new ideas..but all in all, most Indians here are the equivalent of white Americans in their understanding of the world. Its either black or white and nothing at all. No wish to go beyond what they need to satisfy the minimal requirements. There are many who are exception to this, but by far its become a usual "tick" for me on the personality chart. More so in the current generation of Indians; its like they are robotic cogs being built for a system rather than thinking feeling people.
Maybe its the internet, maybe its the environment.

Indians is big. So generalizations will usually do unjustice to one set of people or other.

As for true sense of history - it comes down to two things: a.Scholarship b.Legacy and personal experience

1. Indians as you have rightly said in the later part of your post are very focused when it comes to education - it means jobs and that too in IT for most of them - this results in factor quality output - great at one and only thing (specialization of labor and all that. So true sense of history through scholarship is rarely acquired. The main cause behind this is poverty and that primal need to get out of "lower class".

2. Large part of India is insulated from others by virtue of geography or sealed borders, this combined with low disposable income makes for a insular thinking as there is no opportunity even if one is inclined to meet people from different strata. I am not talking about meeting Europeans but say a Bihari meeting South Indian.

There is MASSIVE poverty in the entire subcontinent, but on the average the recent expat from Pakistan has better knowledge of the world than the Indian. This is not to say that the other is better at maths or science or otherwise in their lives but that when it comes to knowing their history & surroundings, the Indian is lacking.
To their credit, they make a lot of effort to try and help each other out in settling and understanding new ideas..but all in all, most Indians here are the equivalent of white Americans in their understanding of the world. Its either black or white and nothing at all. No wish to go beyond what they need to satisfy the minimal requirements. There are many who are exception to this, but by far its become a usual "tick" for me on the personality chart. More so in the current generation of Indians; its like they are robotic cogs being built for a system rather than thinking feeling people.
Maybe its the internet, maybe its the environment.

No, you are right. The majority of the IT workers that come here seem pretty generic. Graduating from two year courses from an obscure educational institute,while qualifying for a position that requires a masters degree. Competant in their jobs at a satisfactory level, while having almost no social life and pining for white girls. I think I have a good idea of the type of Indians you are talking about.

It is less of a dig and more of a pity. I work for an Indian boss who is also a close friend of my fathers and an extremely staunch Hindu. But for the lack of a better word that man has been like a father to me and sees me as his son. Yet, when you see the new Indian coming off the line here in the US(which they are every other fllight).. you see too many dumb cogs out here to do jobs on the cheap.
They all follow the same patterns of food, the same "that good, this bad" .. and more annoyingly.. they all buy fucking camrys.

There is nothing wrong with Camry's. Go to hell Oscar.

Of course. Yet if you dig I think you'll find the British opinion was that none of these groups matched the Gurkas in man-on-man effectiveness.

The British opinion valued all their colonial troops equally, my entire elder generation fought for the British Indian Army. . But I would agree, that the Gurkhas had attributes that did set them aside from their fellow troops, one being their stealth like nature in the field.

Hard as nails and loyal soldiers :enjoy: If I were a multi millionaire I may hire a few myself

Very nimble and lighting fast plus strength and no fear is their key

The British opinion valued all their colonial troops equally, my entire elder generation fought for the British Indian Army. . But I would agree, that the Gurkhas had attributes that did set them aside from their fellow troops, one being their stealth like nature in the field.

Why because they are small? Or because they had higher amount of endurance due to living in higher elevations with less oxygen? That is basically it, isn't it?

In that sense, Ecuadorians are similar to the Gurkhas. They are tough, small, and have a lot of strength and endurance due to living at a higher elevation. I'm yet to be impressed with such circumstances of a certain people.

I guess the only plus point to a Gurkha is their traditional knife, otherwise I hardly find them to be an anomaly.

Mutilating dead bodies is not bravery but a jahilia practice. I am very well aware of the Taliban getting tortured to death by Pak army guys, it put question mark on their professionalism. Taliban are 'bad guys' because they do gruesome things , but if Pak army guys have also the same level of blood lust or even more (for Taliban dont torture their prisoners to death but do quick beheading), then they are also are not exactly good guys. In the end ,the actions of both will be judged by Allah on the judgement day , and only he knows whether actions of Pak army soldiers like those of NLI are in the accordance with Islam or not.
try telling that to the guy who just lost half his platoon in an ambush a few days ago and finally caught the perpetrator, trust me things like human rights and politics go out the window when you see your men's brains splattered across a windshield and knowing that its not just your men who died that day to protect self righteous arm chair generals and critics like yourself but also their families which at times have lost their sole bread earners.
Those who live under the safety the military bleeds to provide have no right to criticize the way it is provided.
If you truly believe that wars should be more humane pick up a gun and go fight in one.

Small men, able to present small targets by better camouflaging themselves plus requiring less nutrients to perform effectively on the battlefield.

try telling that to the guy who just lost half his platoon in an ambush a few days ago and finally caught the perpetrator, trust me things like human rights and politics go out the window when you see your men's brains splattered across a windshield and knowing that its not just your men who died that day to protect self righteous arm chair generals and critics like yourself but also their families which at times have lost their sole bread earners.
Those who live under the safety the military bleeds to provide have no right to criticize the way it is provided.
If you truly believe that wars should be more humane pick up a gun and go fight in one.
If the thinking is "fck human rights", "fck rules" and "fck teachings and principles of Islam about war", then such people are also bad guys in the story.

Judging from your sentimental response, trying to justifying these war crimes, i guess you are from a fauji family. Killing Taliban is one thing, but subjecting them to worst possible torture (heard it from mouths of faujis themselves) after capture, is war crime, and is against Islam. Those faujis who mutilate dead bodies or torture prisoners to death, should be trialed in courts and punished according to the severity of charges.

may be you are too daft to understand what rhetorical means. FYI I never called you a liar but have fun.

AND that underhanded parting remark about mental conditioning, sure looking at the way you jumped to the conclusion that I called you a liar proves a thing or two about mental conditioning.

Mental masterbation at its finest ...

Last edited:
No, you are right. The majority of the IT workers that come here seem pretty generic. Graduating from two year courses from an obscure educational institute,while qualifying for a position that requires a masters degree. Competant in their jobs at a satisfactory level, while having almost no social life and pining for white girls. I think I have a good idea of the type of Indians you are talking about.

There is nothing wrong with Camry's. Go to hell Oscar.

Off course not. they are as generic as the Indians who buy it.

they also have passive aggressive mentality. and sadly unlike pakistanis almost of all are Dorks.
When you dont have the brains to get a point, then dont be a typical internet Indian drone and reply in your mentality .. only to find yourself screwed over.

When you dont have the brains to get a point, then dont be a typical internet Indian drone and reply in your mentality .. only to find yourself screwed over.

I am more than happy with my Camry, and I am not a tourist. It's one of the best cars goiing around rhe market.

The thread-
gorkhas,,they small,they mercenaries,,,we brave n martial too :lol:

no i said, Most of NRIs have Passive Aggressive Mentality and unlike Pakistanis (who are cool kin=ds) Most of NRIs arre dorks.

Back
Top Bottom