What's new

Featured 10 soldiers martyred, 1militant killed and 3 apprehended when BLF attacked military check post in Balochistan's Kech district

How do you know…. Were you reporting live from there ???
This thread is getting dumber by the second ….

Let me teach you some history and similar ambush scenarios.
keep in mind that this outpost had the entire Western world’s surveillance, artillary, drones, attack helicopters and planes support.

Ambush started at 3 am and reinforcements arrived at 7 pm despite all the fire power they used…… they still lost the outpost and it was over run.

Drones and helicopters can only do so much in such impossible terrain and close combat.

8 Americans died that day.

Americans were occupying territory thousands of km away and this was a rare incident, not something that happened every 2 weeks like what happens in Balochistan. Even American prefab sandbag forts were better constructed than our permanent outposts.

It seems like i am writing this for 100th time that fighting foot soldiers is not going to solve this problem. A remote post can try to defend every attack but there will always be casualties.

A helicopter or drone can only kill the foot soldiers while the militant planner will continue to plan and execute their missions with relative success. Unfortunately, the IBOs are reactive in nature and that is why we continue to have these attacks.

Kech is near Iran hence the chances of terrorists moving to their safe heavens in Iran is high. Someone needs to ask the tough questions to Iran and if they don't budge, next time go in hot pursuit and let them know that we mean business.

A better equipped FC or a QRF cannot be an alternative to an IBO conducted in terrorist safe heaven.
this assumption that fencing border will solve this militancy problem or going after them in iran or afg is in itself faulty. what if it continues even when the fencing is completed or if the killing of low level commanders continue in iran or afghanistan just like it does after the take over of kabul by taliban ??? we need to acknowledge that a big chunk of the problem is inwards in our own country. our universities our madrassas, our judicial system our prosecution everything is rotten. BLF, BLA, BNA recruits from our universities in federal capital not from iran or afghanistan. solution is not across the border, it is inside. we need to put our own house in order... force...brute force has to be applied should be applied in all these avenues, no need to create more enemies outside.

See this is what happens when you start believing everything that gets posted on the social media.....while some claim that no reinforcements were sent while others are saying, reinforcements were ambushed thus resulting in more casualties. So it's best not to wash the soap before hands and wait for the official version of this tragic incident.

The reason why official handle is silent. Let the reports be concluded and shared in details. Not everything is like those claiming on internet for mere points.

However, on internal handling & our national consensus; just had my opinion on something very interesting & but a sad thing as described by Salman Sahib.

I don't get it. How many Pakistani soldiers would have to die before our state would do anything about these terrorists in Balochistan

COAS is busy having meeting with Michael Oven while large scale attacks against check posts are happening continously in the largest province of the country. He is meeting former footballer instead of doing his job

Why Pakistan is such an impotent state? Why? Kahan sai aayi hai yeh buzdali? Kia buzdali hai yeh?
Seems like repeat of Mushy/Kiani doctrine, let the terrorists run wild while cavorting with their patrons i.e. US/India/Iran.

this assumption that fencing border will solve this militancy problem or going after them in iran or afg is in itself faulty. what if it continues even when the fencing is completed or if the killing of low level commanders continue in iran or afghanistan just like it does after the take over of kabul by taliban ??? we need to acknowledge that a big chunk of the problem is inwards in our own country. our universities our madrassas, our judicial system our prosecution everything is rotten. BLF, BLA, BNA recruits from our universities in federal capital not from iran or afghanistan. solution is not across the border, it is inside. we need to put our own house in order... force...brute force has to be applied should be applied in all these avenues, no need to create more enemies outside.
I have no disagreement to what you are saying however my comment was purely regarding using military power to handle this problem.

What is this army man... extreme censorship, most news on our western border nowhere to be seen on television and they are just letting these soldiers die. If any politician had any heart, he would call for resignation of Bajwa in parliament. What is the point of all the drones we have if these soldiers receive no reinforcements for hours? Our army only has equipment for shows and parades.

Mullah lobby is even stronger than the fauj one now (thanks to military empowering them since zia's time), we are ruined for decades now. Any leader who points towards these mullahs will have hundreds of thousands of people protesting on roads and then he's gonna make a U-Turn just like imran khan and accept their demands.

First of all, let me disconnect everything.

Leave the COAS, ISPR out of this (am not defending them of course, but then once you start the blame game, why dont you take names of all who are down the chain till the POST COMMANDER himself, the man who was well-equipped, enough manpower to hold his post.....its not fair to blame the COAS only....).

As a commander, you only tell your subordinates the concept of how you intend operating. It is upto the junior leaders, at all levels, to implement that to the best of their personal abilities.

Another fact, the nearest base to this unfortunate post is more than 30 kms away. Second, they are not connected by any road, motorway or anything. Its not a normal drive whereby you can reach there in half an hour. It takes balls that you are ready to stretch your outfit over such a vast area just because situation demands, logic doesnt demands.

Now if someone says that we should pour in more army troops, do please do simple math regarding deployments, let me know if you find any brigade or division freely available, doing nothing......if you find any, let me know.

As i highlighted before as well, troops to space ration is very unfavorable to us in Balochistan. FATA was a small area, we pumped in half of our army there and then achieved the desired results. Even then it took such a long time. Still we need to keep some chunk of our army there to retain what we got.

Balochistan, well its 44 % of our country's land mass.....imagine....almost half of total Pakistan....its true that militants number hardly hundreds, but looking for them in such a vast area is very difficult. Same goes for our deployments as well, since we are stretched too thin, so we have to make a hard choice of prioritising our assets.....we first secure our high value assets......

I am not into politics, so i will and cannot talk about PM etc....am simply not qualified for that.....however, regarding COAS.....well, all bastards getting hit across borders are being hit on his orders too.....there we dont give him credit.....and again, mind you, they are not even half of what is being done.

I told you before as well......we need to realize that we are at war.....for more than two decades.....and its not over, it will continue....its simply the new form of warfare where we are all alone....we will prevail InshaAllah, but not without casualties....thats the cost of freedom and victory.

No other country is physically helping us....and then we have the case of US, who supported by all her allies and latest equipment, could not prevail in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan.

Learn to take casualties, war means casualties....the other side is also here to fight, time will tell who wins, but not without casualties.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I agree with you, we will take casulties and people have to learn to accept them. I feel people consider some of these casulties as unneccasary.

I have some questions, please answer them if you can without compromising security.

1. In the aftermath of such attacks is there any work done to identify what went wrong and how it could have been avoided? A lessons learnt session?
2. Are the forces in Balochistan integrated? Is there coordination between, Army, Rangers, Police, Levies - whoever else might be on the ground.
3. If there is coordination/integration is it merely high level or on the ground too?
4. If there isn't - do you think such coordination would help get a quicker reaction in these situations?
5. Do our checkposts have access to air support or to recon drones? If not, is it possible to provide them that sort of access?
6. The physical structures themselves - do they have boundaries and barriers that have to be crossed to reach the buildings? Would adding fencing and walls around the posts, ie turning them into fortified compounds help increase the survival rate of troops?
7. Is it possible to have remote controlled mines? minefields around such sensitive sites which are unarmed, but can be armed during an attack?
8. If our forces are stretched to thin and access to posts is restricted because of the geopgrahy, would building more roads connecting posts help? Also should we build some much larger forts in the area and link them to posts? Those forts could house more troops and could also house helicopters to provide ariel backup?

Dear, I'm dismayed about folks complaining about General Bajwa meeting the English Footballer, it's not that as if there was a firefight happening or an attack was anticipated while the General was entertaining his guest.
Either way, it’s not the COAS’s optics. The fact that such meetings are broadcasted by ISPR only speaks to the “true center of power” theory and of the military’s interference for the circles that promote and use that line to talk against PakisTan.

From a pure role perspective the COAS has no need to be visible in this aspect

Why don't you shut up? That would be good for all of us

You are already proud that you left Pakistan. Why not keep your advice in USA too
Aww - resorting to frustrated responses because you are sitting in Karachi eating noorani kebab while talking about these situations? Not done yet with PPP stick up your bum yet?
How about you with your criticism for the sake of criticism get lost from this thread.

Americans were occupying territory thousands of km away and this was a rare incident, not something that happened every 2 weeks like what happens in Balochistan. Even American prefab sandbag forts were better constructed than our permanent outposts.

Americans had far far better logistical, communications and mobility than we can ever dream of. In this terrain travelling 10 km in the absence of roads can take 10 hours. Not to mention enemy always set up ambushes and mine any accessible dirt road.

The nearest air support base may take an hour or two to send in any helicopters. Even then their utility is limited when caves and rocky projections hide militants and give them excellent protection. Only thing that works is face to face and hand to hand combat. For that you need convoys which usually face deadly ambushes .

As for the Americans their air mobility ensured that they were on the ambush scene within 5 min. They would create a ring of fire with their massive fire power around their pinned down soldiers.
I have worked on enough American soldiers to know they were professionals but not some movie heroes that survived ambushes because of their superior skills. It was always the brutal and indiscriminatory use of air power that saved their day.

Our few cobras cannot do anything even close to this.

Stop comparing apple to oranges. I am not undermining our soldiers sacrifices or finding excuses for their death. But we must educate ourselves and common public to the real situation and make our country realize that our soldiers live , fight and die in the most inhospitable conditions far away from any human civilization with limited resources because they fight for us and their country. And yes they bleed green when they proudly lay down their life for their country.

Thanks for the detailed reply. I agree with you, we will take casulties and people have to learn to accept them. I feel people consider some of these casulties as unneccasary.

I have some questions, please answer them if you can without compromising security.

1. In the aftermath of such attacks is there any work done to identify what went wrong and how it could have been avoided? A lessons learnt session?
2. Are the forces in Balochistan integrated? Is there coordination between, Army, Rangers, Police, Levies - whoever else might be on the ground.
3. If there is coordination/integration is it merely high level or on the ground too?
4. If there isn't - do you think such coordination would help get a quicker reaction in these situations?
5. Do our checkposts have access to air support or to recon drones? If not, is it possible to provide them that sort of access?
6. The physical structures themselves - do they have boundaries and barriers that have to be crossed to reach the buildings? Would adding fencing and walls around the posts, ie turning them into fortified compounds help increase the survival rate of troops?
7. Is it possible to have remote controlled mines? minefields around such sensitive sites which are unarmed, but can be armed during an attack?
8. If our forces are stretched to thin and access to posts is restricted because of the geopgrahy, would building more roads connecting posts help? Also should we build some much larger forts in the area and link them to posts? Those forts could house more troops and could also house helicopters to provide ariel backup?
1. Its normal. Gets done after every event. Learning and improvisation continues, by both sides.
2. Coordination is there, but the area is simply huge....even if you pump in the WHOLE Pakistan Army, it will disappear in this area.
3. Low level coordination is very well....high level is lacking, and that too MOI. Rest all work together, but MOI guys, since they are non-military, have no understanding of military ops.
4. Possibly.
5. Dear, this was not a checkpost on a road. This was a small section size post perched on a mountain top.
6. They have all sort of structures, walls, fences etc.
7. Nopes, too complex to practice in defensive combat. However. can be used as RCIEDs.
8. Building roads and infra is one thing, but we require God knows how much force if we want to occupy every mountain top here.

More than 24 hours have passed since the attack but not even a single word from this traitor. This guy who daily tweets about aghwan like a paid IT cell worker can't even find time to write one tweet about our martyrs let alone do something to stop future attacks.

View attachment 811309
As i said before, wait for it....its an on-going op...let it end, then wait for the final report.

To give this context one needs the following

1. A map to the exact area along with the nearest airfield or base

2. Operating costs for the current UaV fleet and numbers operational and where they are/could be based(good luck figuring it out without compromising OPSEC)

3. Why does the post exist? Opsec again

This is war, maybe the guys shooting their mouths off, need to join up and prove Bajwa and Co wrong.
General_Raheel_Sharif.jpg

This guy already did prove him wrong and he went out like a true proffesional after his term

That's why he is loved and respected while Bajwa isn't

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom