ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
10 serene images that will make you want to take a road trip to Quetta
By Hashmat Mirza

1100542-image-1462879555.jpg

You don’t have to always take a trip up north to be one with nature, with the mountains and the hills. Quetta is replete with natural scenic attractions and is only a short drive away from Karachi.

Secured beneath a fort-like structure created by four giant mountains – Chiltan, Takatu, Zarghoon and Murdaar – the city offers a unique experience for both solo travellers and families.

A four-hour, Rs2,000 bus ride from Karachi can get you the nature escape you’re looking for. Beginning with the southern extension of the Hindu Kush Mountains, Koh-i-Suleiman, also known as the Suleiman Mountains, to the bright blue Hanna Lake, a reservoir constructed in 1894 during the British era, and the tumbling waterfall in Urak Valley, Quetta, and its surrounding areas, has a lot to offer and these images are proof of that.

1-2.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

6-2.jpg

7-2.jpg

Balochistan's landscape reminds me of Arizona . Can anyone tell why is there so less plantation there?

if u r from punjab then i think its better not take the trip... u know what i mean .. one way trip...:((

Situation in Balochistan has improved greatly and is much safer than before. Thousands of militants have surrendered thanks to army operations .

Situation in Balochistan has improved greatly and is much safer than before. Thousands of militants have surrendered thanks to army operations .
have you visited Baluchistan after the operations ?

have you visited Baluchistan after the operations ?

No . But it's obvious its much safer now given the decline in violence and blasts. 2009-2013 bomb blasts used to hit quetta alot. These days not so much . Same for violence against other ethnicities .

Since lashkar - e jhangvi is also almost dismantled you wont be hearing people thrown out of buses and being killed . My friend is from quetta and he says it has been the most peaceful in recent memory .

Things are improving, recently world class multiplex Cinema was opened in Quetta. While Peshawar people go to Islamabad to watch latest movies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom