What's new

India Awakenings - How a holy place and its people helped a Western woman find wholeness-CNN Report

Why do I feel like I just re-read Celestine Prophecy ?
All that heap of spirituality is nothing but western new-age dumbo-jumbo who smoke pot in the hills of Hrishikesh and come back 'home' becoming some sort of Yoga gurooz. And those Indian sadhus just mint money out of these emotionless alpha races.

it is not very costly ,most of the ashram charge average 60$ /day ,including food,training,and accommodation, but you need to plan it in advance ,

i follow Radhanath swami
Radhanath_Swami_holding_a_small_calf_.jpg

Born as Richard Slavin in a Jewish family,[5] he studied a number of religious paths such as Judaism, Christianity andIslam. At the age of 19 he began traveling through Europe and the Middle-East, aiming for India and eventually settling for over a year in the Himalayas. He was living as a renunciate Sanyaasi in India when he first met withKrishna devotees near Delhi. Through contact with the devotees in Vrindavan, and after receiving name Ratim Krishna from Swami Bon Radhanath Swami began to focus exclusively on his spiritual path in Krishna Consciousness. In 1971 Radhanath Swami observed A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada during the ISKCON Cross Maidan festival in Mumbai. After leaving India, Radhanath Swami returned to the United States where he joined the New Vrindaban ISKCON farm community in West Virginia during July 1972. There he accepted initiation from A. C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada in February 1973 receiving the name Radhanath Das, later to receive the name Radhanath Swami when he got Sannyasa initiation from Kirtanananda Swami.

1888439_742198152470772_691500933_n.jpg
I once attended a meeting where he was the chief guest in one of the ISCKON centers in Germany. He is a saintly man, he has the charming personality to keep the audience engaged for hours together.

My spiritual side was not so intense till I left India. I realized how much and what I have missed in my life. So, I made my first spiritual tour to India covering Rishikesh and other places nearby in 2012. I really felt the vibes there! such a serene and blessed place. I can't ask for more!

fcuk this,I am gonna live my life,marry a good girl,love her,have some kids,give'em good life,look after my parents and siblings and give something to my country. Thats how I'm gonna find my inner peace.

Magnificently written article which surely explains Rishikesh . I once travelled to Rishikesh myself in order to experience such a kind of spiritual jouney and to my surprise I remember each and every second of the 4 days I spent there . Its better than Venice and Rome only if you are able to open your eyes and explore the vast resources in the environment .

fcuk this,I am gonna live my life,marry a good girl,love her,have some kids,give'em good life,look after my parents and siblings and give something to my country. Thats how I'm gonna find my inner peace.

you are a karma yogi :-)

The question is, are many indians flocking there because of the white presence too? On the other hand, the most disappointing thing to see in international Yoga industry is that if you are a white and a yoga "master" even without proven qualifications, you get hired by the topmost gyms and yoga studios. It is now an industry to churn out the most good looking white yoga instructor (graduating from some Midwestern American Yogic Conference) - and more recently this trend is happening more in East Asia than anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom