What's new

10 Reasons Why You Need to Visit Iran

glad you read it.

How are things?

What's the average cost if one takes the old railway explorer route?
I know that you're not interested in an answer, but for the record and other fellow Pakistanis I will answer your question anyway lol

I don't know much about the South Eastern regions of Iran. But Google suggests that there's a Taftan-Zahedan-Bam railway that extends to Pakistan's Quetta as well. From there you can travel to other parts of Iran.

Railway transportation and travel should be quite cheap. In the range of 10$ to 25$ depending on where you want to go and what kind of wagons you want to use.

If mullah find you and give you death palenty its your luck

I know that you're not interested in an answer, but for the record and other fellow Pakistanis I will answer your question anyway lol

I don't know much about the South Eastern regions of Iran. But Google suggests that there's a Taftan-Zahedan-Bam railway that extends to Pakistan's Quetta as well. From there you can travel to other parts of Iran.

Railway transportation and travel should be quite cheap. In the range of 10$ to 25$ depending on where you want to go and what kind of wagons you want to use.

Sounds like an affordable paradise indeed.

If mullah find you and give you death palenty its your luck

Iran is a very liberal country. Don't fall for Batman propaganda

That's true my friend.

Religious people visit holy sites in Mashhad & Qom very regularly.

Iranians are well-known as the most sincere and hospitable people in the world since Achaemenid empire.

Stunning, brings back good memories of when I visited Darband and bazaar myself few years ago. Really enjoyed it, quite impressive to see it in person.

It is a lovely country, no doubt, with a deep and ancient history (just like Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Turkey in the region.)

However if you are not Shia and you visit Iran, US government will interrogate you for sure. That is just the reality. Many of us even get asked questions if we go to Pakistan.

Other sore point is that country-country ties between our two countries are going down. I wish somehow we can repair them because Iran could benefit so much from Pakistan, and vice versa.

It is a lovely country, no doubt, with a deep and ancient history (just like Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Turkey in the region.)

However if you are not Shia and you visit Iran, US government will interrogate you for sure. That is just the reality. Many of us even get asked questions if we go to Pakistan.

Other sore point is that country-country ties between our two countries are going down. I wish somehow we can repair them because Iran could benefit so much from Pakistan, and vice versa.

I am not Shia, I am US citizen and visited Iran twice. Never got interrogated, although they did ask a few questions about why I visited, I said I was visiting a few friends there.

I am not Shia, I am US citizen and visited Iran twice. Never got interrogated, although they did ask a few questions about why I visited, I said I was visiting a few friends there.

I got interrogated every time I came back from Pakistan for several years. I learned later they have a policy to stop anyone age 18-25. Usually they just kept me waiting a while and checked my belongings.

They asked where I had been, which was mostly Faisalabad and my village. Afterwards they let me go each time.

Several times I brought pocket Quran with me on my flight and they flipped it several times and turned it upside down, lol, who knows maybe to find secret hijacker plans. :rofl:

I always got a kick out of it.

It Sounds good. Hope you visit beautiful places of Iran again.:cheers:

Iran, Tehran, Tochal:

Mount Tochal is like our Margalla Hills in Islamabad.

In my personal experience visiting Iran, Alborz in Tehran is much higher than Margalla Hills in Islamabad and mountains are a lot more dramatic and closer to city in Tehran than Margalla in Islamabad.

Sometimes in Islamabad you can forget you are next to Margalla because Margalla is not that tall, but in Tehran, you can see Alborz from any part of the city because the mountains near Tehran are much much taller than mountains near Islamabad. In Tehran, you cannot miss the mountains anywhere in the city because they are so tall and you are always very close to them.

Alborz is also a lot more developed than Margalla. Margalla has Monal and Daman-e-Koh but that's pretty much it. Alborz has a ski resort, a gondola from city to top, as well as several restuarants and a large viewing area called Baam-e-Tehran (Roof of Tehran). I went skiing on Alborz and had a blast up there. I have never seen it snow enough in Islamabad to go skiing on Margalla unfortunately.

I think it has something to do with elevation, Islamabad is at 1,771ft elevation, Margalla is 5,262ft elevation. Tehran is 3,900ft elevation, Alborz is 13,005ft.

So Margalla is 3,491ft height, Tochal is 9,105ft height.

Tehran's mountains are almost 3 times higher than Islamabad's mountains, and I think that is why you can go skiing on Alborz when it snows. I recommend everyone do it if they visit Iran, I really enjoyed it.

Even from ground, Tehran's mountains are very dramatic and striking against the city and Milad Tower especially when it snows and Alborz turns white, probably Tehran has one of the best skylines in the world. I have never visited any other city as big as Tehran with mountains that tall next to the city.

Maybe for Iranians its not big deal because they are very used to seeing those tall mountains next to the city but as a Pakistani I was amazed because it looks very dramatic in person coming from a flat city like Lahore or Karachi, you have to see it in person to really feel it. When I visited Tehran, as a Pakistani, the very tall mountains in Tehran were the first thing I noticed immediately when I saw the city for the first time.

One nice thing about Tehran is that you can never get lost because to find your direction, you can always look to see which direction the mountains are, I found that really cool because you cannot do that in most of Pakistan. Tehran also has a subway which was very interesting because that is very rare in the Middle East, I think only Dubai has it besides Tehran in Gulf. First time I visited Tehran was really interesting because I had watched many Iranian movies years before visiting and so the city already felt kind of familiar to me as if I had visited it before. Some places in Tehran felt kind of famous and historical because I had seen them in so many Iranian films for many years and now I was finally seeing them in real life. Very interesting experience.

I have never visited a more photogenic city in my life than Tehran, especially during snow season. Milad Tower is iconic and looks good in any picture, it was much taller than I expected and really stands out from the rest of the city, the view of the city from up there is fantastic. There are a lot of famous spots like Azadi Tower and Tabiat Bridge which everyone knows about and too many historical places to list. My favorite spot to get a picture of the city was the overpass above Tohid Tunnel, you can get a clear picture of the city streets, Milad Tower, and mountains all in a single picture which was really cool. Baam-e-Tehran is really nice at night and worth it to see all the city lights twinkling at night. Also, if you land at Mehrabad airport heading in western direction, you can get a really good view of entire Tehran from the right side of the plane, the view is excellent.

Tehran is really a powerful city that looks and feels like it was the center of an empire and you can feel it in the air.

dizin-ski-resort-01.jpg

uOwdjbxbf0ciI9xNjinQCHa6sHSZ_RzWm664RyKHmG8.jpg

5486773.jpg

c4ASNG5.jpg

3yyS7z8.jpg

rVdWlEEWIQ0FGjltJGsaqamPND448JjNgFNRSGZZuT7AJD07m3FzZb3ugRgKCdG1umJalg7Y6G64gFF-0XizcW7EVwMxr6hayVAxZgxYyIrtTETsx23Cg2GaT8pRMA

Last edited:
5 Top-Notch Boutique Hotels in Iran

With its history dating back 7,000 years, Iran is home to a large number of spectacular mansions and buildings. To restore the majestic structures and by extension contribute to the economy, tourism authorities have initiated a plan to cede the buildings to private owners so long as they are repurposed into traditional hotels, restaurants and lodges.

The declared goal is to cede 100 buildings every year for restoration. In other words, 1,084 buildings will be ready for reuse before the end of the 2025 Vision Plan.

Traditional houses mostly have their own stunning architecture, many bedrooms and an intimate atmosphere. This indeed is attracting an increasing number of investors who are putting their money into repurposing the historical buildings into boutique hotels.

The following are the best boutique hotels in Iran:

Saraye Ameriha Boutique Hotel, Kashan

Ameriha2.jpg

Located in Sultan Mir Ahmad neighborhood in the historical city of Kashan, Ameriha House is the largest historical house in the ancient city and one of the largest in Iran.

Stretching over 9,500 square meters, the five-star hotel has 85 well-appointed rooms.

Built during the Zandiyeh Era and renovated under the Qajar Dynasty, the structure was owned by Saham al-Saltaneh Ameri, the governor of Kashan.

There is a famous plasterwork of the former king, Mozaffar ad-Din Shah Qajar. It was completed in a single night when the former ruler visited there.

Ghasr Monshi Boutique Hotel, Isfahan

GHASRMONSHI.jpg

Ghasr Monshi Hotel is one of the most distinctive historical structures in Isfahan. Built in the 1820s, the palace was owned by the former Qajar ruler Fath Ali Shah. After restoration in 2005, the national heritage site was transformed into a top lodging facility.

The eye-catching architecture of the place, especially color-glass windows and plasterworks, has made the four-star hotel one of the most desired accommodations in Isfahan.

The four-star hotel is located very close to historical sites of Isfahan, namely Naqshe Jahan Square (Shah Square).

Darbe Shazdeh, Shiraz

Darbe%20Shazdeh.jpg

The structure was built during the Qajar era and was repurposed into a hotel.

Located in the heart of the elegant Zand District in Shiraz city, the hotel offers a perfect blend of traditional and modern architecture. The incredible courtyard helps visitors experience the inspiring atmosphere of Shiraz.

Darbe Shazdeh Boutique Hotel is walking distance to Shiraz landmarks like Vakil Bazar.

Friendly staff, delicious cuisine and traditionally-decorated rooms make for memorable stay.

Hanna Boutique Hotel, Tehran

HANNA.png

Hanna Boutique Hotel is located in Lolagar Alley one of the fascinating neighborhoods in Tehran, where houses are symmetrical to one another.

Restoration work started in one of the buildings in the alley to repurpose 90-year-old structure into a boutique hotel. Hanna Boutique Hotel was officially inaugurated in the winter of 2018.

"The experience of staying in this hotel offers diverse glimpses of life in Tehran, a unique experience at the center of a busy, chaotic city, where one can enjoy art, architecture, design, and modern-day hospitality."

Laleh Kandovan Boutique Hotel

Laleh.jpg

Saleh International Rock Hotel in Kandovan is the third hotel of its kind in the world.

Kandovan is a village in Sahand Rural District, in the central district of Osku county, East Azerbaijan Province, 60 km from Tabriz City.

The hotel has 40 Karaans (natural rock rooms), 16 of which are available with complete room service and Jacuzzi.

A luxurious restaurant with a variety of Iranian and foreign dishes that can host 120 people are among other facilities and services of the hotel.

https://financialtribune.com/articles/travel/99318/5-top-notch-boutique-hotels-in-iran

A Luxurious Dining Experience in Tehran

ork2.jpg

Food is a big part of traveling. Eating during a journey not only fulfills our basic needs, but also lends authenticity to the cultural experience of the place of visit.

Tehran, with more than 2,000 restaurants, offers visitors a wide range of eating experiences. Orkideh Restaurant is one of the places that guarantees a delightful dining experience.

Orkideh Restaurant opened its first outlet in Chalous Road in 1957 in an area of over 5,000 square meters. After the Islamic Revolution of Iran, the restaurant was encouraged by its admirers to open the Mahestan Orkideh Revolving Restaurant near Nabovat Square of Karaj, which was spread over 2,000 square meters. The unique revolving restaurant has appealed to both domestic and Middle East customers.

The Karaj branch of Orkideh Restaurant is in an open space where tables are packed out throughout the year. The other advantage of the restaurant is the reasonable price of its food and excellent service, which allows a wide spectrum of the public to enjoy their time in this luxurious restaurant of Alborz Province, away from traffic stress and noise.

An amusement park for kids is a key feature of this branch, as it helps create enjoyable moments for all members of the visiting families.

Orkideh gradually built up on its success when it opened its first Tehran branch in Alvand Street near Argentina Square in 2013.

Residents of the capital city, who recalled nostalgic moments spent in its Chalus Road branch, rushed to Orkideh Restaurant’s Argentina [Square] Branch.

What makes Orkideh one of the best restaurants of Tehran is its selection of music that creates a warm and friendly atmosphere along with the sound of water fountains.

ork3.jpg

In 2014, the largest branch of Orkideh Restaurant was opened in a garden in Shahriar in southwest Tehran, with an area of over 8,000 square meters, which is suitable for festivals, ceremonies and feasts requiring a wider open space. The luxurious hall in this branch is suitable for holding birthday and wedding ceremonies.

In 2018, one of the most luxurious restaurants of Tehran was opened at Shemiran Center Mall. It became an attraction for artists and celebrities such as film producers and movie stars who chose the Aqdasiyeh branch of Orkideh Restaurant as the main location of the film titled “Hayoula”.

The best restaurant of East Tehran includes a separate VIP section, coffee shop and a smoking section for Arabian and glass water-pipes, making it a favorite spot for Tehrani youths.

The activities of Orkideh Restaurant should be an example for those who wish to serve traditional Iranian cuisine in a modern, pleasant and unique ambiance.

https://financialtribune.com/articl...99432/a-luxurious-dining-experience-in-tehran

Why Should We Travel to Iran?

1969519.jpg

The UNESCO world heritage sites are the places that have cultural, natural and historical importance to the world and Iran has 24 sites on that list.

Here we've rounded up five of these sites:

Behistun Inscription

biiiiss.png

The world's largest script and actually the most well-known Iranian version of the Achaemenid dynasty. Located in Kermanshah and stablished in 522BC, on the slopes of Mount Bisotun, The Bisotun script was the most important historical text during the Achaemenid times since it depicted the description of the victory of Darius the Great on Gaumata magus.

Persepolis

Placed near Shiraz province, it is the ceremonial capital of the Achaemenid Empire and a very good example of the architecture of that time (515 BCE). it was Cyrus the Great who chose the site of Persepolis, but Darius the Great built the palaces. Inscriptions on these buildings support the fact that Persepolis was built by Darius.

Naqsh-e Jahan Square

isff.png

Built only 360 years ago, it is one of the most important historical sights of Iran, which is placed in the Isfahan province and goes back to the Safavid age. It is also known as Shah Square or Imam Square and the Isfahan Grand Bazaar is in the northern part of it.

Arg e Bam

Built in 579–323 BC, it is a large fortress made only with adobe and in fact, is the largest building made with it in history.it is placed in Bam, a city in Kerman province and was added to the UNESCO heritage list in 2004. Its construction goes back to the fourth century BC.

Pasargadae

78787877.png

Pasargadae was the first royal capital of the Achaemenid Empire, created by Cyrus the Great, in the sixth century BC. Located in province Shiraz, Pasargadae is a symbol of Iranians rich culture and was added to the UNESCO heritage list in 2004.in Pasargadae you can visit the tomb of Cyrus the great that dates back to 559BC.

Travel with us

Gapa Tour is one of the oldest and most known Iran travel agencies and is professional in Iran tourism. Gapa tour has many different Iran tour packages and will provide you with services not comparable with other Iran tours, at the lowest prices.

In Gapa Tour company, we have five different branches of tours: Historical and cultural, lady’s package, business package, religion and nature, ski tour, and healthcare package. If you want to experience a marvelous trip with a chance to meet Iran UNESCO sights, with the most economical prices, this is the opportunity for you. Some of our services are Iran visa, accommodation, experienced English speaking guide, breakfast, domestic flights, all entrance fees, all taxes, insurance, all transfers, local sim card, and so much more to make your Iran travel as easy as possible.

You can visit our website to know more about the rest of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Iran.

https://financialtribune.com/articles/sponsered-content/98958/why-should-we-travel-to-iran

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom