What's new

$10 Billion Arms Deal: Israel, UAE, KSA

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
US official: New arms deal 'significant advance for Israel' | JPost | Israel News

WASHINGTON – A complex $10 billion arms deal in its final stages would strengthen two key Arab allies – the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia - while maintaining Israel's military edge, US defense officials said Friday.

"This not only sustains but augments Israel's qualitative military edge in the region," one of the officials said, ahead of a trip to the Middle East by US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel. "This package is a significant advance for Israel. ... This is about giving all three partners in the region added capacity to address key threats that they may face down the road."

Related:
Report: Israel, UAE, Saudis in huge US arms deal
The announcement comes amid mounting concerns over Iran's nuclear program, with little progress reported at talks this month between Iran and world powers. US officials concede that crippling sanctions have so far failed to force concessions from Tehran, which insists its nuclear program is peaceful.

Israel has renewed warnings it reserves the right to resort to military action to stop what it says is Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons.

Hagel is preparing for his first trip to Middle East since taking office in February, planning to visit Israel, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt and the UAE; he was expected to continue discussions about the arms sale at stops along the way.

The deal, more than a year in the making through a series of coordinated bilateral negotiations, would result in the sale of V-22 Osprey aircraft, advanced refueling tankers and anti-air defense missiles to Israel and 25 F-16 Desert Falcon jets worth nearly $5 billion to the United Arab Emirates.

The UAE and Saudi Arabia also would be allowed to purchase weapons with "stand-off" capabilities - those that can be used to engage the enemy with precision at a greater distance, defense officials said.

The deal marks the first time the United States has offered to sell tilt-rotor Ospreys to another country, and the "stand-off" weapons would give Saudi Arabia and the UAE a more advanced capability than they have had in the past, said the defense officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

That's an ally for ya KSA, give Israel the advantage.

So israel is actually paying for arms now? And I would like to see what KSA citizens have to say about this as well as Israelis.

Why is this such an advantage for Israel? And against Iran what is it?

This is politics. USA offers the best arms. Those countries (KSA, UAE) have the money while Jordan and Egypt have the interest and money as well if needed.

I am not sure where Israel comes into the picture? Have they not always been buying weapons from USA? Much like half of the world?

Everyone in the Middle East is buying/arming itself to the tenths. If one country does it, it forces the others to react. This is what we see everywhere.

Especially when you have lunatic Mullah's next by aiming to develop nuclear weapons and making indirect threads to the Arab world here and there.

Unfortunately until the Arab world/Middle East and the Muslim world learns to produce better weapons than USA, or anyone else for that matter (would need decades IMO) then the countries in need of weapons will continue to buy the best equipment since they can afford it.

Russia, another arms dealer in the Middle East/Muslim world also have great military ties to Israel. So there is not really an alternative.

As long as the Arab world is not buying from Israel (which they are not) then not much can be done right now, I am afraid.

I don't get your point, so either USA sell arms to Israel or Arabs? USA have been selling arms to Islamic nations for decades and no one had problem with it. I could careless about Iran which has been stabbing us for decades. I will not forget how Iranians and their followers have been rejoicing over killing Syrians and calling them rats. Even Israelis sympathized with the Syrian victims, at least they tried to show it which has never happened with Iranians and their followers.

those kind of missiles are not a joke, LO tech and they hit from far distance accurately.

:azn:

MBDA Meteor (Eurofighter Typhoon & Dassault Rafale)

Type:
Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile

Warhead : High Explosive Blast-Fragmentation

Detonation mechanism: Proximity/Impact

Engine: Throttleable ducted rocket

Operational range: 100+ km (60+ mi)

Speed: over Mach 4

Guidance system: Inertial Mid-course with Datalinked Updates, Active Radar

Last edited by a moderator:
And KSA along with rest of GCC will liberate Palestine with American weapons... :omghaha:

This is politics. USA offers the best arms. Those countries (KSA, UAE) have the money while Jordan and Egypt have the interest and money as well if needed.

I am not sure where Israel comes into the picture? Have they not always been buying weapons from USA? Much like half of the world?

Everyone in the Middle East is buying/arming itself to the tenths. If one country does it, it forces the others to react. This is what we see everywhere.

Especially when you have lunatic Mullah's next by aiming to develop nuclear weapons and making indirect threads to the Arab world here and there.

Unfortunately until the Arab world/Middle East and the Muslim world learns to produce better weapons than USA, or anyone else for that matter (would need decades IMO) then the countries in need of weapons will continue to buy the best equipment since they can afford it.

Russia, another arms dealer in the Middle East/Muslim world also have great military ties to Israel. So there is not really an alternative.

As long as the Arab world is not buying from Israel (which they are not) then not much can be done right now, I am afraid.

I know brother. I was asking what Saudi Arabians think of the weapons, what does it enhance in their military. I'm not bashing you guys. And Israel usually gets military aid through US taxpayers. They don't usually pay for their weapons. It seems like they're getting the 3 billion in aid till 2016 still and also this deal on top of that.

I really do hope the Arab world does develop nuclear weapons eventually. Do you think it would be accepted by the international world?

And I disagree with you on Iran. I don't think they actually want to threaten the Arab world. Brother, lets be honest. KSA and gulf countries may be supporting an invasion of Iran and allow use of their airspace for the Americans. Iran is saying if they do allow they will strike back for allowing that. I really can't say anything against that. I don't get why Saudi wants to be involved in such a war. I hope they refrain from letting such a thing happen. And I also I'm not a great fan of the KSA government to be honest.

Also I hope to see KSA developing their radar systems like Israel does when they get fighter jets so they can use it to their own advantage and incorporate their own technology.

I don't get your point, so either USA sell arms to Israel or Arabs? USA have been selling arms to Islamic nations for decades and no one had problem with it. I could careless about Iran which has been stabbing us for decades. I will not forget how Iranians and their followers have been rejoicing over killing Syrians and calling them rats. Even Israelis sympathized with the Syrian victims, at least they tried to show it which has never happened with Iranians and their followers.

That wasn't my point. And I'm with you on Syria a hundred percent. But they have only one point to make.

@Hazzy997

let gcc help you now, and let them liberate Palestine.... :omghaha:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, if Iran develops nuclear weapons then KSA has publicly stated that they will do that as well. Already close nuclear cooperation with countries such as Pakistan, China, USA and France.

Don't be so sure about that one, brother. The Mullah regime is constantly aiming to interfere in the Arab world and spread their alien sect. They are enemies and have been that since 1979. Stirring trouble up in the Arab world constantly since 1979. Before that they were the enemies of us Arabs and I don't see that changing in the future. Nor do I even want anything to do with them.

I don't know any Sunni Arab who supports them and the vast majority (99 percent) disagree with their negative meddling/conspiring in the Arab world.

Most importantly they use the Palestine issue in order to gain sympathy in the Arab world. It's just a cover.

A nuclear Iran would be a threat for the Arab and Sunni world and as such they should be dealt with.

SYRIA - Shiism is killing us! [FULL DOCU] 18+ - YouTube

Don't listen to that Syrian-Lion fool btw. He is Christian and non-Arab living in the USA but being a hypocrite. All other Syrians here have debunked him.

He is only trying to stir trouble up among Arabs and Sunnis.

^^^

You never know, I don't think the GCC would be greatly involved, but countries close by. But also mujahideen. As I've said before, the liberation of Palestine only will happen by the mujahideen. And you're a troll who supports a government that needs Palestinians as an ally in the region but they really could give a $hit about us. So I don't see why you keep talking in a facetious way. You're not any better.

This is to Syrian 'Lion' btw.

Well, if Iran develops nuclear weapons then KSA has publicly stated that they will do that as well. Already close nuclear cooperation with countries such as Pakistan, China, USA and France.

Don't be so sure about that one, brother. The Mullah regime is constantly aiming to interfere in the Arab world and spread their alien sect. They are enemies and have been that since 1979. Stirring trouble up in the Arab world constantly since 1979. Before that they were the enemies of us Arabs and I don't see that changing in the future. Nor do I even want anything to do with them.

I don't know any Sunni Arab who supports them and the vast majority (99 percent) disagree with their negative meddling/conspiring in the Arab world.

Most importantly they use the Palestine issue in order to gain sympathy in the Arab world. It's just a cover.

A nuclear Iran would be a threat for the Arab and Sunni world and as such they should be dealt with.

SYRIA - Shiism is killing us! [FULL DOCU] 18+ - YouTube

Don't listen to that Syrian-Lion fool btw. He is Christian and non-Arab living in the USA but being a hypocrite. All other Syrians here have debunked him.

He is only trying to stir trouble up among Arabs and Sunnis.

I know it's complicated. But I just like restraint anyways. And don't support the American Israeli agenda in the region. That's all. If your security is threatened then you have a right to defend yourselves.

And yeah, he does really sound like a troll.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom