What's new

Will Pakistan be able to make a Fighter

I never said Pakistan has all the infrastructure necessary to build a modern combat aircraft, I only proved your statement that "PAF has none of these" facilities to be wrong, according to Western sources.

Many people poke fun at Pakistan being "incapable of any contribution to JF-17 except money" (which is BS anyway, but that's another topic), despite the fact that Pakistan had no infrastructure for merely building modern fighters until very recently, never mind developing them.

we surely must be working in this direction. with aim to take JF17 way ahead of its current specs, PCA must also be taking care of necessary infrastructure, the should be!!

regards!

I hope Pakistan soon start design and build an in house aircraft . let it be PCA xx..

then only you guys will understand what it takes to build an aircraft..

wind tunnel test, lightning test, stress test, weapon int test. ...etc etc... and the final product will be 1000 kg over weight ...... :victory:

all along you have been saying
"
Tejas is over weight by 1000kg
LCA is Last chance aircraft
LCA is dead project
LCA is junk... ect etc..
It took 8 years extraaaa and still not inductedddd .....
"
but you guys failed to realize, India is slowly filling its gap with rest of those biggeees.

Comming to the topic...

Reverse engg is really good but think about this if you are copying in an exam and getting 100% mark and another person is studying hard to get just 80%. whom do you think will have good knowledge.

I am not saying we have to rediscover wheels. but we have to validate and understand with little reverse engg. not to much .

after you start building an aircraft then you will know what it takes.. if it is that easy then Industrial gaint Japan would have the most advanced jet.....

Pakistan has to start it today.. i hope they might have already . any number of chinese / ex russian jets would not be a good thing in long run ..

a journy of 1000 miles starts with a single step. China has corssed a mile and india just few 100 mt ..

it is easy to dwon play ones effort but it is hard to receive it back :) I hope I will give some of your kind words on LCA back to you on your PAC -xx soon:smokin: .

we surely must be working in this direction. with aim to take JF17 way ahead of its current specs, PCA must also be taking care of necessary infrastructure, the should be!!

regards!

Taking into consideration the reports of Pakistan developing an armed UAV and modifying modern supersonic air-to-air missiles, amongst many other significant developments, there must be some R&D infrastructure already in place for developing aircraft. Having said that, it is very doubtful that PAC is capable of modifying the JF-17 airframe alone, much consultation with Chengdu would almost certainly be required.

all along you have been saying
"Tejas is over weight by 1000kg
LCA is Last chance aircraft
LCA is dead project
LCA is junk... ect etc..
It took 8 years extraaaa and still not inductedddd ....."
it is easy to dwon play ones effort but it is hard to receive it back :) I hope I will give some of your kind words on LCA back to you on your PAC -xx soon:smokin: .
But as you know, it was Indians who were calling the JF-17 a paper aeroplane that would never get off the ground and, even now, call it a piece of Chinese trash, a 3rd generation fighter, etc. Meanwhile they call the LCA a 4.9 generation fighter on par with the F-35 stealth fighter. Why haven't you acknowledged this in your post? You're right, it is easy for others to downplay one's effort. Its funny that some people can give, but they can't take.

Last edited:
Reverse engg is really good but think about this if you are copying in an exam and getting 100% mark and another person is studying hard to get just 80%. whom do you think will have good knowledge.

I am not saying we have to rediscover wheels. but we have to validate and understand with little reverse engg. not to much .

after you start building an aircraft then you will know what it takes.. if it is that easy then Industrial gaint Japan would have the most advanced jet.....

Pakistan has to start it today.. i hope they might have already . any number of chinese / ex russian jets would not be a good thing in long run ..
First of all, Pakistan never believed reverse engineering of fighter plane and it is not that easy u must know this as well. 2nd of all going for joint venture was an acceptance of Pakistan's limitation in this arena. We never set too ambitious targets for ourself in military hardware unlike India where local limitations are ignored and projects are picked very ambitiously.

Pakistan was aware of fact that building a capable fighter is not easy. That was main reason for going for JV at first place and you can see result Thunder will enter serivce much earlier than Tejas despite the fact LCA was launched in 1983.

moreover PAF was not shy to speak about JF as a joint venture unlike indina who keep on declinig any foreign assistance in there LCA (which is houl be termed as vvLCA for very very late combat aircraft)

regards!

moreover PAF was not shy to speak about JF as a joint venture unlike indina who keep on declinig any foreign assistance in there LCA (which is houl be termed as vvLCA for very very late combat aircraft)

regards!

Hallo, My dear friend.... Let me tell you one thing... LCA 's concept is designed by Aeronautical Development Agency, Manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited This is a very much accepted fact..The Indian government's "self-reliance" goals for the LCA include indigenous development of the three most sophisticated — and hence most challenging — systems: the fly-by-wire (FBW) flight control system (FCS), multi-mode pulse-doppler radar, and afterburning turbofan engine. India has and had a policy of strictly limiting foreign participation in the LCA programme. the engine and radar are the only systems for which the ADA has seriously considered substituting foreign equipment, albeit as an interim measure on the initial LCA aircraft where needed to allow more time for the full development of the indigenous versions .

THIS CLEARLY SAYS THAT 90% OF THE WORK IS Indias.. and In future variations Its Engine and Radar will also be of India, We have not failed in the engine, kaveri engine is still alive....

Taking assistance and developing together is differant... "In an exam, You consult a teacher,clarify your doubts and then write the exam, but No one says that Teacher wrote your exam or you both wrote the exam together" Its utterly rubbish...

LCA is India's own Multi role fighter.

I reckon the JF-17 Thunder is a great plane which has unconditional potential. India has been calling it a paper aeroplane, but the truth is that they also think its a great plane, which not only looks mean and is cleverley designed but it also performs well, considering it is a light weight multi combat plane which consists of most things such as guns, missiles, bombs and rockets. Considering it only weighs a small amount it can carry up to 3,629 kg of air to air and air to ground ordanace and it also has seven hardpoints to carry EXTRA weight.

I think that if PAF can design such a plane NOW, than the future is going to be amazing. With planes exceeding the eurofighter the PAF will be the best in the world. Exceeding India with great power.

I reckon the JF-17 Thunder is a great plane which has unconditional potential. India has been calling it a paper aeroplane, but the truth is that they also think its a great plane, which not only looks mean and is cleverley designed but it also performs well, considering it is a light weight multi combat plane which consists of most things such as guns, missiles, bombs and rockets. Considering it only weighs a small amount it can carry up to 3,629 kg of air to air and air to ground ordanace and it also has seven hardpoints to carry EXTRA weight.

I think that if PAF can design such a plane NOW, than the future is going to be amazing. With planes exceeding the eurofighter the PAF will be the best in the world. Exceeding India with great power.

Chill dude chill, No one says That JF-17 Thunder is bad, Its chinese, It is going to be great, Chinese aircrafts are always good man.... :smitten:

Both India and Pakistan are doing the right thing for their situation.

India is going for fully indigenous design and production capability by stealing/borrowing/developing capability. Nothing wrong with stealing -- why reinvent the wheel?

Pakistan has far fewer resources, but we need to keep our forces technologically competitive, so we need to do joint ventures and build up our capability piecemeal. Eventually we should aim to have the same indigenous capability as India.

Both India and Pakistan are doing the right thing for their situation.

India is going for fully indigenous design and production capability by stealing/borrowing/developing capability. Nothing wrong with stealing -- why reinvent the wheel?

Pakistan has far fewer resources, but we need to keep our forces technologically competitive, so we need to do joint ventures and build up our capability piecemeal. Eventually we should aim to have the same indigenous capability as India.

oooh, well.... Ok prove your statements, Please do Enlighten us by saying What did India steal?

oooh, well.... Ok prove your statements, Please do Enlighten us by saying What did India steal?

India has received, um, assistance in various components -- from the engine to the radar to the avionics -- from Russia, US and France.

Maybe they didn't steal. Maybe they paid for it. Either way, it's fine.

India has received, um, assistance in various components -- from the engine to the radar to the avionics -- from Russia, US and France.

Maybe they didn't steal. Maybe they paid for it. Either way, it's fine.

How can it be fine dude, You only said we stole, now you say we bought...

My dear , We do it based on our technology, But as we are not very experianced as Russia, USA and France in such fields, we consult them after every stage of ours is finished. If you call it assistance, its fine, I do Agree... But if you call it stealing , Iam helpless brother ...

STOP MAKING THIS THREAD JF-17 VS LCA.

dont ruin this thread by making it - who got the bigger d!ck. as usual same issues come over n over - if you have nothing else to talk about - just go dont post or just post in jf-17 vs lca thread .

this thread is not about indis stealing ot india being super power in aircraft technology but discussing the development of aircraft technology in pakistan,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom