What's new

Will Pakistan be able to make a Fighter

Everything is possible if (Money) available for such development.

absolutly right - stealth thats why luxemburg has the - eigth gen fighter .

thats why saudi arabia - lead in space reaserch

that why - UAE - has stronger defense than pakistan.

thats why russia being one of the poorest country cant even make a firecracker let alone a - cruise missile.

----------------looool------------

money is surely a criteria but its not all - its a very small aspect - the rearch and development - history , the will of people , support of nation and mental ability are way more important.

you should know it more than anybody - that pakistan being a poor country still hold an edge over many other in science and technology - smiler to india. :cheers:

absolutly right - stealth thats why luxemburg has the - eigth gen fighter .

thats why saudi arabia - lead in space reaserch

that why - UAE - has stronger defense than pakistan.

thats why russia being one of the poorest country cant even make a firecracker let alone a - cruise missile.

----------------looool------------

money is surely a criteria but its not all - its a very small aspect - the rearch and development - history , the will of people , support of nation and mental ability are way more important.

you should know it more than anybody - that pakistan being a poor country still hold an edge over many other in science and technology - smiler to india. :cheers:

Actually our bad time bad gov is since last 60 years we both spend money on the name of PAK-INDO WAR try to become superior to other. Thats the main problem we both spend our money on usless things. If Pakistan or India spend thr money on science tech, Aircraft development etc today we never start talk about "how much time and money spend to make a good or built own Aircraft". We both much lck in science tech R&D and other fields. After 60 years we both countries talk about these things that how much time take we can make own aircraft, UAV Radar etc.

Problem is Money + Science tech and R&D time. These both things take soo much time maybe more thn 25 years. Still China cant make a good engine for Aircraft.

Last edited:
Actually our bad time bad gov is since last 60 years we both spend money on the name of PAK-INDO WAR try to become superior to other. Thats the main problem we both much lck in science tech R&D and other field. After 60 years we both countries talk about (OWN DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM) and after everyday every debate we both are talking about how much time take we will make own aircraft, UAV Radar etc.

Problem is Money + Science tech and R&D time. They both things take soo much time maybe more thn 25 years. Still China cant make a good engine of Aircraft.

in my opinion, the problem is lack of money and science and tech but they are secondary problems as far as pakistan is concerned. our main problem is lack of honest and strong leadership. since the death of Jinnah, we were not be able to find a good leader to run our country.

about money, i do not think we have any shortage of money as well, i mean, just look around you will find everyone eating the country from clerk to politicians, public servants to leaders (all of them except few rare cases).

even after looted by so many paople pakistan is not even standing there for the last 60 years but you can also see development although we had faced sanctions during these 60 years.

so in my opinion, this is not right that we do not have money, we have money and we have exceptionally good and hard working talent, what we need is a leader.

regards

sincerely

brother - just imagine - what were american doign when they were 60 yr old they were killing eachother in the name of gold ????

Yes we have a bad politcs to lead or pioneer us but like said :

china is developing when peopel are sleeping and govt. is working

we - indo - pak hold the other side : we are developing when govt is sleeping and people are working.

--------------------------------------

times are changing - yes pakistan have bigger problem for now with all this relgious hullabaloo created by politicians and religion god fathers -people killing in name of religion and clan and what not . but a night never last forever.

Rafael was a multi billion dollar project by France technically as rich and as advanced as any nation on earth (except USA).. So to compare a late 4th generation fighter is far too ambitious.

Start on the ground and work upwards.

That means.

Improve JF17 with better Avionics and reduce RCS

Then build new block of JF17.

BUILD the infrastructure ie wind tunnels & other testing facilities at this moment PAF has none of these.

china is 5 years behind russia on radar technology ? LOL, another LOL now a big LOOOOOOOOOL

YOU GOT MY POINT...

second j11 radar better than russian radars
now LOL wont even fit here i need to think about some other expression...

i am shocked that such posts still exist ....
have you ever heard of zhuk? or thikhimirov? i guess not
please do some more research ...

jxx by 2012 another, LOL

care you explain what you said in detail with links and also technically

thanks i didnt see the date,
sorry still its a sorry post

now i wonder if there is any expression in existence that ne can use here,,,,:what:

regards!

Rafael was a multi billion dollar project by France technically as rich and as advanced as any nation on earth (except USA).. So to compare a late 4th generation fighter is far too ambitious.

Start on the ground and work upwards.

That means.

Improve JF17 with better Avionics and reduce RCS

Then build new block of JF17.

BUILD the infrastructure ie wind tunnels & other testing facilities at this moment PAF has none of these.

Spot on. No nation will give Pakistan any value able know how on difficult to make stuff like Turbo Fan Engines. Pakistan will have to established a much more technically equipped aero engineers and all that infrastructure to make this dream a reality.
Knowledge is Key every thing else is just supporting elements of vehicle of progress.:pakistan:

Many people laugh on money wasted on Kaveri. You should know now how hard is to create your own engine for aircrafts... You need to put a lot of money in R&D for this.

Many people laugh on money wasted on Kaveri. You should know now how hard is to create your own engine for aircrafts... You need to put a lot of money in R&D for this.

Correct...But money alone will not solve problem and Money was/is never a problem for Kaveri it is complex nature of Turbo Fan engine which is real hazard. Any how good luck to India with their defense endeavors.

Rather than building a fighter plane, which I admit would be a good achievement, we should focus on smaller goals first which require less money.

We should aim for indigenous state-of-the-art competence in
- composite materials
- radars
- design/testing infrastructure (wind tunnels, etc.)
- avionics (as much as we can)

The advantage is that these are relatively inexpensive technologies to develop and, instead of being buyers, we can become suppliers.

Things like jet engines and stealth technology can wait.

work is already underway for a lot of technological requirements, but wind tunnels are expensive to build and maintain. they also require huge amounts of power to operate.

avionics is relatively cheaper and i guess we can work earnestly on that.

Really?
Pakistan Special Weapons - A Chronology, www.fas.org
1989--Multiple reports of Pakistan modifying US-supplied F-16 aircraft for nuclear delivery purposes; wind tunnel tests cited in document reportedly from West German intelligence service.

1990--London Sunday Times cites growing U.S. and Soviet concerns about Pakistani nuclear program; paper claims F-16 aircraft are being modified for nuclear delivery purposes; claims US spy satellites have observed `heavily armed convoys' leaving Pakistan uranium enrichment complex at Kahuta and heading for military airfields.
:coffee:

Last edited:
IMO, Building an aircraft does not matter.

What matters is the avionics and radar.
Look at Bison. It is old technology with new avionics/radar/jammer and it is deadly.
If Pak focuses on radar and avionics in the next 10-15 years and come up with something then it will be great.
That enables us to upgrade new technologies in old JF-17 airframe or even Mirages. Dont have to reinvent everything.

What is the handicap than?
Have you wonder what will happen to your claim if tomorrow Pakistan start producing PK-200 :lol:
I'm sure you will say it is modified PW-200 ;)

In Reply to HJ786.

Modifying a current plane to carry bomb does not mean you have engineers Labs and technicians to build a war plane.

Thats why PAF went to China to build them the JF17 because pakistan did not have this infrastructure or the people or indeed the timescale.

I never said Pakistan has all the infrastructure necessary to build a modern combat aircraft, I only proved your statement that "PAF has none of these" facilities to be wrong, according to Western sources.

Many people poke fun at Pakistan being "incapable of any contribution to JF-17 except money" (which is BS anyway, but that's another topic), despite the fact that Pakistan had no infrastructure for merely building modern fighters until very recently, never mind developing them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom