What's new

Warning to Overseas Pakistanis: Think Before Visiting Pakistan

If you don't live in Pakistan and you don't pay taxes to state of Pakistan, you should not have the right to vote and as a non resident attempting to harm state institutions, no matter who is ruling, it should be treated as a crime. Common arguments against this is that overseas Pakistanis send remittances. Well that is your own free will. No one is forcing you with a gun on your head to do that. You are welcome to stop.

Okay but if I'm sending money to support my family in covering house expenses, then I should have the right. Not that I am voting.

Well that's up to people of Pakistan to decide.

Do they want or not want to give people right to vote simple as that.

Many countries let people who invest money in country a nationality and right to vote even though they are foreigners like turkey and America.

We should put a declaration don't send remittances we will get money from begging and then cancel the voting right .wait voting right is already cancelled.. remittances already down and we are already begging around and selling our country *** to highest bidder but seems no one wants to have us at this time .we aren't attractive anymore
Ask the people in Turkiye. Those who hate Erdogan say overseas Turks living in Germany, Austria and Netherlands, who make up 3 million, vote him back in power. Because they are earning in Euros they don't care what an ordinary man is going through whether that is the Lira loosing more than half its value or inflation surpassing 100%. Likewise, in the U.S while the ordinary man is a Republican voter, Democrats have the edge with middle and upper class Americans living abroad.

Likewise, in the U.S while the ordinary man is a Republican voter, Democrats have the edge with middle and upper class Americans living abroad.

Republicans haven't won the popular vote since 2004.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Republicans haven't won the popular vote since 2004.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
The American establishment has made up its mind to ban and jail Trump on frivolous grounds. Why? Because no matter how much you hate him, he has the backing of majority of ordinary American public. There have been numerous Presidents whose personal and office lives are worthy of death penalty but it's all so obvious why that will never happen. Even within the Democrats, a lot of resources and undemocratic moves were done to get rid of Bernie Sanders in favour of Hilary Clinton.

Who will invest in this country when its own diaspora is not safe. Every one has a right to fair trail.

You are sending money to benefit your family and not donating to the government of Pakistan.
Money can be sent in the same ways that ruling elite has been sending away. Anyway its not just money that is sent for sustainment, but investments in properties etc. Additionally this will make people figure out ways to move their families out - if we have to live as a second class citizen with no political rights, why not just immigrate.

Here is my own personal decision. As a Pakistani I had plans to invest in properties and have a small retirement house - NOT any more! Now just extrapolate and think how others of my demographic and educational level are thinking and planning.

Last edited:
You are getting likes from renowned Hindutva Indians. Are you proud?

You have fallen very low my friend. There used to be a time when I used to respect you. Do you think that your love for the armed forces is more than other Pakistanis on this forum including overseas Pakistanis? There are countless overseas Pakistanis on this forum that have spent decades defending and praising the Pakistani army. I have family members who are serving in the armed forces. I have family members who serve in the PAF. I have frank discussions with them regarding the mess that Bajwa left behind.

It is one thing to defend and support the generals based on merit and valid arguments. Clearly what you are doing here is far from being objective. That is a big shame.
The current culture confuses criticism for change as a blanket for insulting the entire institution. Hence the hesitancy for thinking logically for a correct approach and to carry on with blind patriotism, which can lead to a nationalist mentality. Saying this with backing of numerous PAF officers and enlisted personnel who resonate on this divided mentality that has split the nation even more further than ever, or the possibility could be that it is more documented.

most children of armed forces are living off the sale of plots and other illegal monetary gains from the Pakistani state.

A good friend of mine, his sister is married to the son of a retired paf air commodore. The son was also in the paf as an avionics engineer. In 2005, he moved to the uk with his British wife and kids, bought a house with cash for £980k and was able to send his children to private school and not work. Eventually he did get a job at a British radar manufacturer.
That’s a colossal amount of money. I’m very surprised that people made that level of money within Pakistan
The stories my friend told me about his sisters and husband life in the air force was something that resembled the British royal family. No need to do anything, servants for everything! the focus was getting ready to attend parties everyday with other senior paf collegues and wives, alcohol was freely available but everyone was focussed on namaz. This I found very weird.
Well that could just be their saving grace in the Akhira
Does Nani Maryam put pang or charas in your free biryani, above post appears to be from someone high on weed and totally brainwashed and incoherent…
He posts satirically or sarcastically a lot, but his main viewpoints normally align with that of the common man

Ask the people in Turkiye. Those who hate Erdogan say overseas Turks living in Germany, Austria and Netherlands, who make up 3 million, vote him back in power. Because they are earning in Euros they don't care what an ordinary man is going through whether that is the Lira loosing more than half its value or inflation surpassing 100%. Likewise, in the U.S while the ordinary man is a Republican voter, Democrats have the edge with middle and upper class Americans living abroad.
Agree. Hence why Pakistan has no voting rights and decreasing remittances which have led people to be so happy..
God forbids those remittances were causing big problems since it flow has stopped the country is so happy 😊

All countries have classified projects.

Pakistan is no different.

Not every military project and budget can be declared.
Are you for real… I am talking about black projects in corruption .. not black weapons technology related projects…
Maybe the army has some mega corruption scams going on we are not aware of… like the generals and brigadiers selling nuc technology and then making poor AQK (may Allah grant him Jannah) the fall guy…

That’s why if China values its technology not falling into US hands it should not sell the latest stuff to Pak military as they are so corrupt… they would happily compromise it for money…

The current culture confuses criticism for change as a blanket for insulting the entire institution. Hence the hesitancy for thinking logically for a correct approach and to carry on with blind patriotism, which can lead to a nationalist mentality. Saying this with backing of numerous PAF officers and enlisted personnel who resonate on this divided mentality that has split the nation even more further than ever, or the possibility could be that it is more documented.

My extended family members in the military say we try not to talk too much or at all; however, they can feel the tension in the voices of other soldiers and officers. Within is also a political clash, and it’s seeping through.

My only wish is things do not turn from bad to worse and some sense of normalcy is found.

But these PDMs overall need to go their actions have shown last several months they aren't civilized human beings.

Agree. Hence why Pakistan has no voting rights and decreasing remittances which have led people to be so happy..
God forbids those remittances were causing big problems since it flow has stopped the country is so happy 😊
Those reduced remittances will have good long term benefits as it will force the government to operate like a normal country making them revisit its tax policies, starting with taxing the elite. In this regard I would even say that where overseas Pakistanis have remitted mostly concerned the real estate industry which has inflated beyond an ordinary Pakistani's wealth and I for one willl be happy to see the day government tax them, that is if they want any association with Pakistan's economy

Those reduced remittances will have good long term benefits as it will force the government to operate like a normal country making them revisit its tax policies, starting with taxing the elite. In this regard I would even say that where overseas Pakistanis have remitted mostly concerned the real estate industry which has inflated beyond an ordinary Pakistani's wealth and I for one willl be happy to see the day government tax them, that is if they want any association with Pakistan's economy.

You see overseas Pakistanis only really invest in large-scale cities like Lahore, Pindi, etc., so it shouldn't affect those on the outskirts.

Back
Top Bottom