What's new

Urban development in Bangladesh

4-lane Dhaka bypass road construction - Pvt firm selection process on
Shamsul Huda

The process of selecting a private firm for building the four-lane Dhaka bypass road from Joydevpur to Madanpur is progressing, sources said.

In this connection the Public Private Partnership (PPP) office is going to issue request for qualification (RFQ) in February.

Earlier, the PPP office invited registration of interest (ROI) from the private firms on November 20 and its deadline expired on Wednesday (December 24).

The government proposed to construct the 48 kilometre-long controlled access toll road along with private investments.

The Roads and Highways Department (RHD) under the Ministry of Communications is the implementing authority of the project.

The RFQ is coming just after a month at the expiry of the submission date for ROI Wednesday, a PPP official said.

With the increasing number of vehicles in the existing two-lane bypass from Joydevpur to Madanpur, the government has taken the initiative to build the road under PPP aiming to shorten distance, reduce travel time and avoid accidents.

The controlled access toll road will link N4 (Joydevpur-Jamalpur Highway) and N1 (Dhaka-Chittagong Highway). As a result transportation between Southern and Northern districts will get a boost.

Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the PPP office Syed Afsar Uddin said until December 23, a day before the closing date, a total of 10 parties have submitted their proposals.

He said in the ROI the interested parties have quoted their competency, capability, skill and solvency stating that they are eligible for doing business under PPP arrangements.

The bypass highway project includes a four-lane and a two-lane service roads.

According to sources, the bypass highway would give a faster access to the vehicles moving from Gazipur to Dhaka-Chittagong and Dhaka-Sylhet highways.

As per the feasibility study, vehicular pressure from Gazipur towards the Southern parts of the country would increase by more than 35 per cent in the next five years.

To ease the pressure, the bypass road would give access to the vehicles moving from North to South bypassing the capital city.

A RHD official said the project's cost has been estimated at $ 350 million to $ 400 million and it would be fully funded by private party investments.

He said, "We have chosen PPP in constructing the bypass as it is estimated that private investment would be viable in building the toll access roads as investors would get return in more than 20 years' time."

MMM Group, a Canada-based consulting firm, along with other local firms is working for the project's feasibility study in cooperation with the PPP office.

A few random Dhaka infra shots

dhakastreets157.jpg

13_Mirpur+Airport+Flyover_250313.jpg
8613332833_fbc94ac8df.jpg

BRT TransDhaka Simulation

Alpona (Street Painting) Festival on the eve of Bengali New Year (Pohela Baishakh 2014)

@Saiful Islam you may like these resorts :D
1.Nazimgarh resort
2. Dusai resort
3. Grand Sultan tea resort & Golf
4. The Palace Resort
(All are in Sylhet Division)

Well I have been to Grand Sultan in moulvibazar if thats what you're talking about, it's very nice and the first of it's kind in Sylhet (Impressive for Sylhet).

Two project studies for re-using old Tejgaon Airport...

Vision for Old Airport @ Tejgaon, Dhaka, Bangladesh

Creating An Urban Oasis

Here is a picture of a nice view in Nirjhor City at night. It's quite peaceful, almost made me forget that I was still in Dhaka

Attachments

• 20150721_203739.jpg
    20150721_203739.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Great pics and videos guys. Keep them coming! I especially enjoyed the driving videos....gives you that real day to day feel lacking in the pictures and concept art.

Nice to see Mahindra well represented!

My favourite kind of videos have to be from slow flying UAVs though like this:

Check out some of the other videos in that channel. Quite good!

Some real estate developer etc should do a nice long footage of large areas of Dhaka like this guy has done in Chennai:

Great pics and videos guys. Keep them coming! I especially enjoyed the driving videos....gives you that real day to day feel lacking in the pictures and concept art.

Nice to see Mahindra well represented!

My favourite kind of videos have to be from slow flying UAVs though like this:

Check out some of the other videos in that channel. Quite good!

Some real estate developer etc should do a nice long footage of large areas of Dhaka like this guy has done in Chennai:

Good suggestion. :-)

Before people compile a 30 minute drone footage,

I have some regular real estate images of Dhaka properties at my Dhaka Midrises thread, Check it out.

Midrise Architecture in Dhaka Bangladesh | Page 23

Do we have a map of the Bus transit coverage?

Statistics of ridership? Videos?

This kind of stuff is always interesting!

Are such elevated sections already in place in lines 1 and 2? Or is it being implemented only for line 3?

Good concept video and big props for integrating the airport with the whole network.

With the metro coming online later, it looks like Dhaka is finally going to have some great first class public transport.

The de-congestion will definitely be a major bonus.

I am looking forward to visiting one day when all this stuff is in place (I like few things better than exploring public transport)....I have already been promising (and delaying) my Bangladeshi friends here that I will visit this nice country.

Are such elevated sections already in place in lines 1 and 2? Or is it being implemented only for line 3?

Good concept video and big props for integrating the airport with the whole network.

With the metro coming online later, it looks like Dhaka is finally going to have some great first class public transport.

The de-congestion will definitely be a major bonus.

I am looking forward to visiting one day when all this stuff is in place (I like few things better than exploring public transport)....I have already been promising (and delaying) my Bangladeshi friends here that I will visit this nice country.

You are more than welcome to visit BD any-day - you will find that BD people will give you are very warm welcome:-)

As regards infrastructure in Dhaka, I think you will need to wait till around 2025 for all things like metro, elevated express-ways to be completed and so it could be a long wait.

You are more than welcome to visit BD any-day - you will find that BD people will give you are very warm welcome

I know this already haha. Friends here and their families...good people to know, they share with you all their troubles and dreams...they open up to you when they are not busy stuffing you with their Bengali cuisine. I count many of them as my best friends. They make fun of me, I make fun of them....it goes back and forth.

That hospitality is never far away whatever place you go to in South Asia....but Bengalis have an extra warmth that is hard to describe....I think only Tagore can do it the best in his poems.

Maybe I will visit sooner and then visit again later to see the changes. I did this with my hometown Coimbatore over many years....it has started to become unrecognizable to me in many places....and then you finally come across one moment or situation...and you know things have not changed at all really lol.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom