What's new

Turkish Peace Operations in Syria (Operation Olive Branch) Updates & Discussions

It's understandable... But you forgot one thing...
You are not a militia who can't deal in many fronts or is restricted by "manners" when HER OWN territory is touched...

You are Turkey... The 8th Strongest Army in the World and NATO second largest...
Or I missed something...

I read we are 7th strongest military in 2018.

Not "army" army is just ground forces.

Afrin operation was in coordination with Russia, things change fast on the field this is realpolitik, maybe in some years Turkey might cooperate with Assad, you can never be sure about anything.

What I don't understand is... Since Assad has so many enemies why don't they assassinate him? It's easier than all this fighting, just needs a good plan.

In this particular case its not like he doesn't have right. Its not some artillery shell its a ballistic missile. For me retaliation had to take place by localizing the launch side and destroying at least the launcher and if there are other military targets in the near radius also hit them. I am not talking about war. I am talking about giving strong message that firing ballistic missiles to our country will not be tolerated by any means.

I agree, use artillery fire like crazy on the area of origin.

He doesn't have right. Turkish Armed Forces deals with SAA shellings on Hatay since 2012, they know what to do perfectly.

Turkish Army does not need one retarded troll to tell them what to do, or question Turkish Army's power and will to defend itself in his own fat chair.

Dude I agree with him don't call him retarded.

He has a point.

I hoped, With my History... That my respect for the Turkish Army and Turkey in General wouldn't be questioned.
But it seems I was wrong. or at least by some, who are easily triggered by their own weaknesses...

In no way my "opinion" is meant for the Army...never, If there is one, it will only be on a political/decision level.

I full agree with what you said, Turkey needs to respond swiftly with power to any provocation especially if it's a missile, that missile could be chemical next time!

I apologize on behalf of that oguzsenturk calling you retarded, he probably has personal issues taking it out on you o_O

Does anyone knows what is the color of arm bands indicate? Red, yellow, green etc. I guess its about their groups but which color is used by which groups? Red ones seems like less orderly. Raphael in Ninja Turtles was such a rebel too.

It's like in the scouts in the US..

Red is for food gatherers/hunters.
Yellow is for camp makers and camp guards.
Green is for trolls that scream "Allahuakber" when they see a camera :omghaha:

Another one...

Don't mind him either, he is probably going through a break-up crises :cheesy:

Its for identification of friendly troops and coordination.

When rebels would start a offensive, they would pick the color for their bands one day before the offensive. They did this so that enemies couldnt fool them by wearing the same color bands. This tactic isnt exclusive to the rebels btw.

Doesn't make sense really, can't the enemy still put on the same color band same day?

That is pretty impressive and horrible at the same time. It shows what they're capable of, and have people with educational background to pull of such thing. It also means that we need to use far fetching weapons to smoke them out of these cave systems. poisonous gas, or such. We can't relent if this is how they operate, and just aeriel bombing won't be enough.

We have bombs that can penetrate into the caves and explode only when inside the cave.

Technology has been around at least 10 years.

Turkish military patrolling in Afrin

I like the Turkish armies uniform and such, we are becoming pro equiped like the Israeli army.

In the past our soldiers looked 3rd world and poor.

There are 2 options:

1: Strike americans and kill the PKK project east of euprathes

2: Dont strike them, and let them build a PKK state next to turkeys borders.

I prefer 1.

A wise man once said:
Why arth you so narrow minded?

There be more options kiddo.

SAT units in Afrin region.

DYwArfOXkAA1ZLv.jpg

DYwArfQWkAA20z7.jpg

DYwArfLX0AApXhi.jpg

Wow turkish soldiers look so cool and futurustic now.
Can someone tell me what all those things on the helmet are?

I can see something like camera at top, I can see cables, I see a pocket at the back, I see something in the front and I see holes on the sides.

The only way to stop the YPG in Syria is by cooperating with Iraq. Let Iraq reclaim the border areas with Turkey so that the YPG becomes completely landlocked and is f*ed.
Striking the Americans in Syria wow what a nonsensical thing. This will never happen apart from some keyboardwarriors fantasies

Yeah well you have a lot of fantasy in Turkey.

You have some people that actually think one Turk can beat 100 enemy soldiers alone haha.

They watch too many Turkish Battal Gazi movies:

16x9_savulun-battal-gazi-geliyor.jpg

He can jump 50 meters high ahaha

What I don't understand is... Since Assad has so many enemies why don't they assassinate him? It's easier than all this fighting, just needs a good plan.

He has a point.

I full agree with what you said, Turkey needs to respond swiftly with power to any provocation especially if it's a missile, that missile could be chemical next time!

I apologize on behalf of that oguzsenturk calling you retarded, he probably has personal issues taking it out on you o_O

Doesn't make sense really, can't the enemy still put on the same color band same day?

We have bombs that can penetrate into the caves and explode only when inside the cave.

I like the Turkish armies uniform and such, we are becoming pro equiped like the Israeli army.

A wise man once said:

I can see something like camera at top, I can see cables, I see a pocket at the back, I see something in the front and I see holes on the sides.

It is true that Turkey commandos and special forces made great leaps in terms of personal equipments compared to some years ago. However,Turkish conscripts,do look like "3rd world and poor" as you say.

lll.jpg

The only way to stop the YPG in Syria is by cooperating with Iraq. Let Iraq reclaim the border areas with Turkey so that the YPG becomes completely landlocked and is f*ed.
Striking the Americans in Syria wow what a nonsensical thing. This will never happen apart from some keyboardwarriors fantasies

They are already landlocked, the US pipeline dreams to the med is over for now from the north, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a strike on Assad soon by EU/US.

Syria is not a problem once we take over the regions said, Kurds do not have the population in Syria to rule over majority Arabs resentment is growing, the rest of the areas they control is literally desert.

Problem is, and will always be Iraq, PKK is operational in Kirkuk, Kandil, Sinjar etc we have to work with the Iraq government corrupt as they are, my worry is PKK will simply move to another location within KRG.

It is true that Turkey commandos and special forces made great leaps in terms of personal equipments compared to some years ago. However,Turkish conscripts,do look like "3rd world and poor" as you say.

Even conscript kits are better then 20 years ago, still more improvements to do but most of the time they (conscripts) even walk around with empty magazines. For now majority of equipment is getting standardised.

You have some people that actually think one Turk can beat 100 enemy soldiers alone haha.

bir türk dünyaya bedel, battal gazi len!!! :D maybe not 100 but kill ratio in Afrin was 1/60 last time I checked.

A "friend" just told me USA is piling up weapons and navy and Trump will strike Damascus hard soon.

It's just a rumor from an ex military friend, but worth looking into.

Some talk about all out war on Syria and Russia by USA, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Some special drills are apparently being carried out in Israel right now.

A "friend" just told me USA is piling up weapons and navy and Trump will strike Damascus hard soon.

It's just a rumor from an ex military friend, but worth looking into.

Some talk about all out war on Syria and Russia by USA, Israel and Saudi Arabia.

Some special drills are apparently being carried out in Israel right now.

If they dare to this, it would be more like pinpoint operations to take out some important bases and people. Possibly forcing SAA out of Deir ez Zor and Iraqi border. They cant control entire Syria with Kurds.

There isn't anything as "conscript kits" all those equipment are government issued standard soldier kit given to every member of the Turkish Armed Forces. The only units which get specialized non-standart government issue kits are Special Forces and Special Operation Capable Forces. Even the high-ranking officers don't get non-standart issue kits ON PAPER. Those equipment you see on colonels and generals are provided to them by logistics branch by other means. The one and only non-standart piece of equipment still issued by the government is Opscore helmets given to the commando unit personnel.

Every other single piece of equipment you see are paid from the pockets of our troops. Whole units can buy their own equipment and with a veeery slim chance and tones of paperwork, high command may accept to fund the purchase from the budget. There are some examples. These kits then inherited to the unit when the personnel leaves the unit or they can keep it or give it to somebody else. I got my kit from a retired former-SF personnel (not-issued, he bought it himself). When I was done with it I gave it to the Logistics. They added it to the unit's inventory and officially issued it to somebody else.

He has a point.

A wise man once said:

The equipment on the OpsCore you see is S and S Manta IR Strobe, Wilcox L4 G22 mount on the front, counter weight pouch at the back and maybe external battery in the pouch judging by the cables.

The equipment on the OpsCore you see is S and S Manta IR Strobe, Wilcox L4 G22 mount on the front, counter weight pouch at the back and maybe external battery in the pouch judging by the cables.

English please

If they dare to this, it would be more like pinpoint operations to take out some important bases and people. Possibly forcing SAA out of Deir ez Zor and Iraqi border. They cant control entire Syria with Kurds.

They won't use kurds, it's Saudi Arabia, Israel and USA. Like a full attack.

English please
...camera at top...
Infrared Strobe for friend or foe identification.

...I can see cables, I see a pocket at the back...
External battery for the various devices but mainly for the night vision goggle. It also works as a counterweight to the night vision google and balances the weight distribution of the helmet.

...I see something in the front...
Night vision goggle mount.

...I see holes on the sides...
Rail system to attach various items like cameras or flashlights.

Infrared Strobe for friend or foe identification.

External battery for the various devices but mainly for the night vision goggle. It also works as a counterweight to the night vision google and balances the weight distribution of the helmet.

Night vision goggle mount.

Rail system to attach various items like cameras or flashlights.

"Infrared Strobe for friend or foe identification."

What is this?

Like in terminator where you see who is enemy or friend?

Back
Top Bottom