What's new

Tata is owner of Tata-Daewoo Pakistan

i agree with you, given their small size they put up one of the largest tonnage and have very good ship-building industry...also we can follow the Korean example on how they developed so rapidly..P.S i have a lot of Korean friends so i might sounda bit biased :cheers:

mate you should have researched a bit before making this unnecessary rant!India hasn't yet bought a single Frigate from S.korea neither do we have a plan to buy some in the near future.Sukanya class patrol crafts are OPVs for chrissake!you don't even know the basic difference between a Frigate and an Offshore Patrol Vessel and still you have to comment here just for the sake of trolling!India is planning to buy 8 MCMVs(Mine Counter Measuring Vessels) from the S.Korean company Kangnam Corporation.so i would like to advice you to do some sort of research first of all before opening your mouth in an international forum in the future

Defence of the dumb. Ask your senior Defence Analyst what is one Navy's Patrol Boat is a frigate for some other countries. Rajput Class ships are called Destroyers in the Indian Navy but were purchased as Frigates from USSR. Hence they classed as SNF which means SN were initials of the CNS of the Indian Navy who mooted the Idea and F was for Frigates, if my memory is right. Go Home boy and study more and just admit you did not know that Sukanya class were procured from Korea as OPV's but were later mounted with nuclear capable Dhanush Missiles. Yes OPV's carry nuke's now.

What a joke you are here on a military forum.

BALASORE (ODISHA): India successfully test-fired nuclear capable Dhanush, the naval version of Prithvi short-range ballistic missile, from a warship off Odisha coast today.

The indigenously developed naval version of the Prithvi short-range ballistic missile has a strike range of up to 350 km and can carry 500 kg of conventional or nuclear warhead, a DRDO official said.

"Dhanush was test-fired from a naval ship off Odisha coast at around 1125 hours," Ravi Kumar Gupta, Director in the Directorate of Public Interface in Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) told PTI over phone.

Describing the trial as fully successful, Gupta said the test was conducted by the strategic force command (SFC) of the Indian Navy. "The trial was a complete success and all the mission objectives were accomplished," he said.

Developed by the DRDO, the missile is about 8.53 metre in length and 0.9 metre in diameter. This single stage missile uses liquid propellant.

The Dhanush missile can be used as an anti-ship weapon as well as for destroying land targets depending on the range, sources said.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ar-capable-dhanush-missile.html#ixzz2g2U1O7Dr

Defence of the dumb. Ask your senior Defence Analyst what is one Navy's Patrol Boat is a frigate for some other countries. Rajput Class ships are called Destroyers in the Indian Navy but were purchased as Frigates from USSR. Hence they classed as SNF which means SN were initials of the CNS of the Indian Navy who mooted the Idea and F was for Frigates, if my memory is right. Go Home boy and study more and just admit you did not know that Sukanya class were procured from Korea as OPV's but were later mounted with nuclear capable Dhanush Missiles. Yes OPV's carry nuke's now.

What a joke you are here on a military forum.

BALASORE (ODISHA): India successfully test-fired nuclear capable Dhanush, the naval version of Prithvi short-range ballistic missile, from a warship off Odisha coast today.

The indigenously developed naval version of the Prithvi short-range ballistic missile has a strike range of up to 350 km and can carry 500 kg of conventional or nuclear warhead, a DRDO official said.

"Dhanush was test-fired from a naval ship off Odisha coast at around 1125 hours," Ravi Kumar Gupta, Director in the Directorate of Public Interface in Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) told PTI over phone.

Describing the trial as fully successful, Gupta said the test was conducted by the strategic force command (SFC) of the Indian Navy. "The trial was a complete success and all the mission objectives were accomplished," he said.

Developed by the DRDO, the missile is about 8.53 metre in length and 0.9 metre in diameter. This single stage missile uses liquid propellant.

The Dhanush missile can be used as an anti-ship weapon as well as for destroying land targets depending on the range, sources said.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/indian...ar-capable-dhanush-missile.html#ixzz2g2U1O7Dr
see you don't even know the basic difference between an OPV and a Frigate and now you are getting into name calling just to counter my post!you are really one great defense analyst of PDF!!!
the Indian Navy have specific designation allotted for each warship in it's disposal.for a second line vessel having a displacement between 1500-2500 tonnes the term OPV is used if it is meant for offshore patrolling.hence these vessels are only armed with only one or more 75mm naval gun and some heavy machine guns!on the other hand a Frigate in India designates a vessel having a displacement of mre than 3,000 tonnes(Talwar class) to around 6,000 tonnes(Shivalik class) and it is generally armed with atleast 8-10 ASHMs and CIWS and SAMs for air defense role!
I.N. might have equipped one Sukanya class vessel with a Dhanush Ballistic missile for some unknown purposes but that doesn't change the fact that the latter class of vessels are there only for Offshore patrol related duties while the frigates in their disposal are only for offensive operations!!!got it mr.nuetral one...........

he he he this thread was about TATA Daewoo and pakistan he he he how come ship building and destroyers and frigates came here and can some pakistani gentelman post the commercial vehicals made in pakistan here

He was born in a Hindu family just like Prophet Jesus born in a Jew Family. But Buddha was Married to his cousin that is something hindus dont do.

Actually you're wrong.

They do; at least in southern India they do get married that way.

And he was born in Nepal Dumbo even wikipedia can tell u that.

Why are you embarrassing yourself? Seriously. There was no Nepal at the time when Gautama Siddhartha was born. It was one of the many mahajanapadas in the land mass called Bharatvarsham in Sanskrit.

Lumbini happens to be in modern day state called Nepal which was created around 500 years ago by king Prithvi Narayan.

Besides, we aren't much different from Nepalis and will only be happy if they are identified around the world. After all, Buddhism is all around the world isn't it? :)

It is not meant for any particular bunch of people but for those who find it inspiring to change their lives.

ON TOPIC: This threat is about Tata Daewoo.

Why the heck are we discussing faith here? :blink:

You need to stop dwelling so much into your religion and think out of it at times. Trust me, too much of anything is good. This also was preached by Siddhartha Gautama. :D

Moderation, my friend. Moderation.

pray tell us the source of this bizzare news because afaik,India hasn't bought a single frigate from S.Korea.on the contrary we are trying to buy 4-8 minesweepers from them.
India recently bought 6 Krivak-III class frigates from Russia and is planning to buy a further 3 Krivak-IV class from them.plus we are building our own stealth Sivalik class frigates at home.so there is no apparent need of additional Frigates as of now.but it may happen in the near future if the I.N. really decides to buy a few S.Korean guided missile destroyers!

Irrelevant to the above post

he he he this thread was about TATA Daewoo and pakistan he he he how come ship building and destroyers and frigates came here and can some pakistani gentelman post the commercial vehicals made in pakistan here

First ask for bicycle than car......

Completely wrong!!!

India only went for Mine hunters and S.Koreans are one of the best in this.

Regarding the thread topic, Majority of prestigious brands are now in the hands of Indians. It is like role reversal for the British colonialism.

Secondly Indians are good at manufacturing Automobiles and are set to capture the markets in South East Asia, Africa and Latin America.

Indian economy is underrated.

At least I got the number 8 right, but I could not find the source where I read it. I could bet they mentioned Frigates, may be either I was hastily reading it or the writer confused MCMV with Frigate. In any case, the main point was that S. Korea has some level of defense cooperation with India, whether it was Frigate or MCMV, that does not make much of a difference to the point I was making.

if we wanted to destabilize neighboring countries why would we make investments there in first place???

Vaham ka ilaaj to hakim Lukman ke pass bhi nahi tha.

kalu_miah is one of the dumbest members on this forum.

You can wake a sleeping person, not someone who is pretending to be asleep.

This person is quite pathetic.

Kalu is one of the weirdest guys I have ever seen. He has this uncanny habit of forming an opinion and then going all out to prove his point. His world is only black and white, there is no scope for any gray. A few months ago he suddenly realized that Bangladesh should form a strategic alliance with the sunni Arabs and now he is sucking up to them like there is no tomorrow. Iranians and Shias are the evil now. Indians and mainly Hindus got that status a couple of years ago I think. So anything Indian is just "axis of evil". :lol:

Not only that. Till now, China was a "big country" and therefore bad.

He was planning to have an ASEAN+ under Japan's leadership to take on China (and India of course). An ASEAN+ that would have an extraordinary interest in BD for some reason while not in India (with which it has far more important relations as of now).

He had even started taking to Sushi restaurant waiters to take forward this idea! ;)

Now suddenly for some weird reasons, Japan is a "racist country" and ASEAN+ should be under China's leadership and against Japan!

He has probably started talking to some corner noodle shops to socialize this idea now. ;)

He is just a kid in a big bad world that he doesn't understand, an Alice in wonderland...

PS: Now he wants China to lead (and defend) the faithful. ;)

I told him once that one needs to be very careful of what one seeks. I hope this wish of him comes to fruition and he gets some much needed aqal...

@Umair Nawaz I dont understand what are you try in to prove ?

Look at your dressing/taste in food/housing designs/how you do your hair/looks there are tons of things in your daily life which are common between present day Indians and Pakistanis. I agree you were never part of Republic of India but you have India(or Bharat) embedded within you.

@Umair Nawaz I dont understand what are you try in to prove ?

Look at your dressing/taste in food/housing designs/how you do your hair/looks there are tons of things in your daily life which are common between present day Indians and Pakistanis. I agree you were never part of Republic of India but you have India(or Bharat) embedded within you.
Oh shut up........We have a lot of things common with Americans too but that does not make them one of us. We also wear pant shirts we also can speak english etc etc.

We were part of the Great Muslim Empire of South Asia for 1000 years thats all.

Other then that we dont give a shit abt yr kind or where u live.

Back
Top Bottom