What's new

Failure of Another Indian Brand: Why Indian Automotive Mfr. Mahindra Left Bangladesh

I bet Bangladesh Market is much better Than the Pakistani Market - We were going to have good Car manufacturers during the IK era then you know military junta jumped over as usual to destroy it
Even during IK's era cars were only being assembled here. There was never any full-fledged car manufacturing happening in Pakistan. Also, the current auto policy was made by PMLN. Despite its flaws, this auto policy did improve the country's auto market and I am glad that it is being expanded. It is mindboggling that our country's first auto policy was introduced in 2016.

Even Middle class people will save money before getting a Toyota Allion/Premio instead of what passes for a toy - like the Tata Nano.

Wow! bongodesh middle class is amazing, you should have stayed there if that place is so great. BTW, how many Toyota Allion / Premio was sold in 2022?

Who are the middle class in Bangladesh? | The Business Standard (tbsnews.net)

around 37 to 40 million people of Bangladesh – around 22% of the total population – fall into the middle class."

I am expecting at least few million Toyota Allion sales every year in Bangladesh at this rate.

My bro has Scorpio, it's popular in punjab. But compared to international brands, build quality needed to be improved. If they done it in latest models good for them.
I remember when they decided on independent suspension, lol Of all the cars in ditches in punjab , 80% were Scorpio because of body roll during sharp turns. It's not the most stable suv on turning.
Fk even safari was better than Scorpio. I'm talking abt older model.

I bet Bangladesh Market is much better Than the Pakistani Market - We were going to have good Car manufacturers during the IK era then you know military junta jumped over as usual to destroy it

Well Pakistan has a more vibrant market, at least it used to AFAIK. Bangladesh market is nascent and growing. There are half a dozen brands assembling vehicles in small numbers.

So writer of the article has $hit for brains - and so do I.

Thanks - I guess....

The few Mahindras I have seen on the road (very rare) look like this. I guess it is cheap and usually day laborers are riding on it.

View attachment 939590

Bias Ply tires, Leaf springs back and front, hinge doors, flat windshield - not exactly the epitome of modernity, is it? Only ode to the twentieth century is the ugly plastic fascia and headlamps - which will crack in no time from UV exposure.

But Mahindra sales people say - as a construction vehicle you can fix it with parts bought from a roadside stand!

That is no respite because by the third year the engine is gone and so is the body, rusted to oblivion. Unless the plastic fascia goes first, erm - no guarantees there....

This wraps up why Mahindra vehicles don't sell where better options are available, they are throwaway objects and bad investments with no good return on the money spent. It may be king of the road in India, but that speaks more about choices available in India itself, than anything else.
Can you prove what you typed as a fact? Mahindra makes makes the best selling tractor on our mother earth. Man! the very article you post talks about how the pick up market is dominated by TATA and Indian brands dominate other auto sectors like two wheelers.

In the USA, Mahindra is 3rd in the best selling tractors and fastest growing company in the USA. It has its presence in 48 states in the US.

So stop your lies and please stop pretending to be an expert cause you are called out every single time. May not be embarrassing for you, but your country men cringe at your posts!

Mahindra XUV 700. Selling like hot cakes. Waiting period: more than 1 year.

bd3aac4e6b7c830e301f9b594c59f03d_original.jpg

ImageResizer.jpeg
xuv700-featured-1.jpg

It's not quantity - but quality. Car ownership may be less per capita, but people will not buy little tiny cars that resemble a tuk-tuk or an auto-rickshaw. Even Middle class people will save money before getting a Toyota Allion/Premio instead of what passes for a toy - like the Tata Nano. This Allion is bigger than a Corolla and boasts Lexus-like smoothness and handling in smaller package.

View attachment 939584

Or another popular model is a Toyota Noah. Bangladesh is not India, circumstances and people's taste/choices are different. Bangladeshis and Pakistanis have been used to Japanese cars since 1947. Something like the Indian Toyota Innova would never sell in Bangladesh. Here is a Noah.

View attachment 939586

Allion and Noah are the cheapest cars sold in Bangladesh and are priced around 35 to 40 lacs. But there are also very pricey cars in Bangladesh, priced at several crores. People in India could never afford cars at Bangladeshi prices. Tariff is 300% minimum, then 800% for luxury cars like MBZ's, Range Rovers, Audi and BMWs.

Dude! lol!!!!

Lamborghini are selling out in India.

Can you prove what you typed as a fact? Mahindra makes makes the best selling tractor on our mother earth. Man! the very article you post talks about how the pick up market is dominated by TATA and Indian brands dominate other auto sectors like two wheelers.

In the USA, Mahindra is 3rd in the best selling tractors and fastest growing company in the USA. It has its presence in 48 states in the US.

So stop your lies and please stop pretending to be an expert cause you are called out every single time. May not be embarrassing for you, but your country men cringe at your posts!

Why do you move the goal post?

I was not talking about tractors, and my country men know what I am talking about.

No one is doubting that Mahindra makes good tractors, however they could not sell them in Bangladesh, because of marketing channel and pricing issues. Sonalika is the market leader in that segment in Bangladesh.

Mahindra became 3rd best selling in the US because they source tractors from their JVs in China, Yancheng and Jialing, and that started in 2008. Sourcing from India is not part of that game.

Last edited:
Mahindra XUV 700. Selling like hot cakes. Waiting period: more than 1 year.

View attachment 939694

View attachment 939695View attachment 939696

Ugly copy of many many Japanese current models, in the front fascia. Only good for sale in India. All show and no go. Sub par NVH, handling and instrumentation. I had the displeasure of riding one of these in Kolkata. Rides just like that other POS, Toyota Innova.

An ugly, overpriced backdated piece of engg. sold only because of special tariff benefits Mahindra enjoys in their home market (which they do not outside India).

Last edited:
Why do you move the goal post?

I was not talking about tractors, and my country men know what I am talking about.

No one is doubting that Mahindra makes good tractors, however they could not sell them in Bangladesh, because of marketing channel and pricing issues. Sonalika is the market leader in that segment in Bangladesh.

Mahindra became 3rd best selling in the US because they source tractors from their JVs in China, Yancheng and Jialing, and that started in 2008. Sourcing from India is not part of that game.

I did not!
you accused them of bad quality and I asked you to prove it! I only provided evidence of why they are known all over the world! You got caught with your pants down!

By the way, if Mahindra's quality does not meet Bangladeshi standards (but it does in the rest of the world), and you claimed setting up an auto Industry was easy, why are you not building stuff to your own standards?

every garment factory worker making chaddis in BD owns a Lambo.

Bhangi Idiots do not realize (sitting in their cheap-a$$ 600 sqft. apartments, if that, and eating off of cheap stainless steel bartans) that cheerleading for people who own Lamborghinis in India won't get them one. :lol:

There are people who do own Lamborghinis in Bangladesh paying 800% tax (for that matter Porsches, Mclarens, Aston Martins and Ferraris galore) that your ilk could not afford in Bangladesh in a million years. I see them in my mahalla in Dhaka all the time.

Garments workers at least have halal income and jobs to feed their families. In your Modiland, the conditions are worse than Subsaharan Africa. 107th in the world hunger scale. F*cked up is as f*cked up does.

You idiots can stay in your $hitty auqaat and stop running your beghairat mouth.

I can bet none of you idiots ever had a ride in a Lamborghini or any supercar. How would you? The likes of Adani and Vijay Mallya stole your auqaat from right under your scrawny a$$es, the idiots that you lot are. Keep cheering for modi - acchey din a raha hai (not!). :rofl:

Posting garbage in a forum while dreaming - dreaming of castles in the sky while laying on a bed full of bedbugs.

Dude! lol!!!!

Lamborghini are selling out in India.

Ultra high net-worth Individual made their money in India stealing Gareebon-ka-huq (from people like you).

For every Lamborghini sold, there are blood, sweat of tears from one lakh Indians. Their livelihood they got cheated out of.

These are not mass market cars, they are handmade custom vehicles made only by the hundreds, maybe a few thousand a year.

People like Ambani, Adani and Vijay Mallya. Scumbags - one to all. You are proud of these scumbags?

Keep cheerleading for them - that is what they want.

Lamborghinis selling out in India is as relevant to you as a reduction in the price of caviar and hundred-year-old wine.

Keep in your poha and pao-bhajee auqaat.

Last edited:
Hindu Indian owned Sonalika is the largest selling tractor brand in Bangladesh, our bangol bhaiyas are getting erections for no reason. :lol:

We don't discriminate against products on the basis of religion or national origin, only on factual things like quality. Unlike your govt.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom