What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

Zahran did the right thing in my opinion. He is still an advocate for Sharia, but as I said before Islamic Front are fine with democracy as long as it doesn't interfere with Islam. Giving the Syrian people the choice between Sharia and Secularism is the best thing to do, and will stop basically any chance of fighting after Assad regime falls (except for fighting against ISIS.) And yes, such a speech really would rustle ISIS's jimmies, because now they can call us murtad and rawafid more and more but they have no basis.

You mean like the blooming democracy the Libyan are enjoying? And their war only lasted a few weeks. Pretty naive to think these Islamist rebels who, as you admit yourself love sharia, would quickly embrace democracy after fighting bitterly for 4 years. On top of that the government they are fighting is secular. That's college like idealistic thinking. Tthat people do things for the good of others when this is rarely the case. So jan and company, after sacrificing so much to take over a third of the country, would say 'here Syrians you can vote your own leaders now. We just wanted Assad gone now we will simply integrate under democracy.' Thats quite a leap of faith.

The Al-Assad regime should reform, punish those responsible for mass-murdering Syrians and then join hands with FSA to defeat ISIS for the sake of Syria and the region. Later let the Syrians decide their own faith.

Al-Assad has lost the plot completely but he can always escape abroad to Russia if he and his family will be in real trouble.

An awful leader that does not care about his country or people.

The Syrian suffering must be stopped and the world has not done enough. Shameless idiotic leaders of the region. We need action now. Brave minds and just people. Only the genuine mujahideen are giving their life's for the protection of the Syrian people and of course the people who have helped and hosted Syrians.

Last edited:
Syrian civil war was orchastrated from Illuminati like the arab srping and following arab winter.

Illuminati fooled arabs into the believe they could have the chance to change their own fates.

Illuminati likes to give the people fake hope to later kill them better.

You mean like the blooming democracy the Libyan are enjoying? And their war only lasted a few weeks. Pretty naive to think these Islamist rebels who, as you admit yourself love sharia, would quickly embrace democracy after fighting bitterly for 4 years. On top of that the government they are fighting is secular. That's college like idealistic thinking. Tthat people do things for the good of others when this is rarely the case. So jan and company, after sacrificing so much to take over a third of the country, would say 'here Syrians you can vote your own leaders now. We just wanted Assad gone now we will simply integrate under democracy.' Thats quite a leap of faith.
That's Libya's problem, their war lasted only a few weeks. They didn't have the chance to clear out all of the bad in Libya, which caused more infighting. In Syria, all of the bad and good are clearly apparent. They would love to see Sharia implemented, as would I, but they want to represent the Syrian people, not repress them. Syrians should and will have a choice if they want secularism or democracy. Gov't they are fighting isn't secular, it's sectarian and oppressive. And many people do things for the good of others in the middle east, for the sake of this little thing called Islam.

Syrian civil war was orchastrated from Illuminati like the arab srping and following arab winter.

Illuminati fooled arabs into the believe they could have the chance to change their own fates.

Illuminati likes to give the people fake hope to later kill them better.
Would be nice if you shoved your conspiracy theories up your *** and stuck to having putin's cock in your mouth than coming back to this thread. Thanks :)

That's Libya's problem, their war lasted only a few weeks. They didn't have the chance to clear out all of the bad in Libya, which caused more infighting. In Syria, all of the bad and good are clearly apparent. They would love to see Sharia implemented, as would I, but they want to represent the Syrian people, not repress them. Syrians should and will have a choice if they want secularism or democracy. Gov't they are fighting isn't secular, it's sectarian and oppressive. And many people do things for the good of others in the middle east, for the sake of this little thing called Islam.

LOL....right and the US and NATO will be right there holding your hands through the transition. The army is already secular so if I was a secular in Syria i'd know what side i'm on and if I was an Islamist know what side I'm on. Sectarianism is not so clear cut since most of the army is Sunni. If Assad is gone tomorrow you will still have secular baathists and they may not be ready to accept defeat. Assuming the rebels consequently solve that problem they will have internal fights between moderates and hardliners as we can already see even before they defeat Assad. Only three possibilities that I see.
1. For one of the three combatants (seculars, moderates and hardliners) to achieve complete victory and imposing their will on the en tire country.
2. For the country to be split up.
3. For the war to continue until #1.

AQ and IS didn't spend 3 years entrenching themselves only to give up and embrace democracy.

Al asad the monster is slowly finished. secular syrians will be vanished from syria. they will live in west forever and never see their beloved land again.

LOL....right and the US and NATO will be right there holding your hands through the transition. The army is already secular so if I was a secular in Syria i'd know what side i'm on and if I was an Islamist know what side I'm on. Sectarianism is not so clear cut since most of the army is Sunni. If Assad is gone tomorrow you will still have secular baathists and they may not be ready to accept defeat. Assuming the rebels consequently solve that problem they will have internal fights between moderates and hardliners as we can already see even before they defeat Assad. Only three possibilities that I see.
1. For one of the three combatants (seculars, moderates and hardliners) to achieve complete victory and imposing their will on the en tire country.
2. For the country to be split up.
3. For the war to continue until #1.

AQ and IS didn't spend 3 years entrenching themselves only to give up and embrace democracy.
Never said anything about US and NATO. In fact, they will have little influence in Syria, due to their inaction. Especially when US co-operates with Assad and Hezbollah. There is no secular faction in Syria besides the communist Kurds and some FSA. Alawites are not secular because they're sectarian. Most of the army are NOT Sunni. Especially when 80,000 Alawites have died. Doesn't matter if they don't accept defeat, they'll have to accept death and a one way ticket to hell :)
JaN is mostly made up of Syrians. Most of them want to see the conflict end. Maybe JaN leadership will want to be rulers, but that won't happen on the watch of their majority Syrian group and other rebel groups. ISIS will crumble by themselves when they will no longer have any legitimacy. Most of their local support comes from their "fight" against Assad.

Never said anything about US and NATO. In fact, they will have little influence in Syria, due to their inaction. Especially when US co-operates with Assad and Hezbollah. There is no secular faction in Syria besides the communist Kurds and some FSA. Alawites are not secular because they're sectarian. Most of the army are NOT Sunni. Especially when 80,000 Alawites have died. Doesn't matter if they don't accept defeat, they'll have to accept death and a one way ticket to hell :)
JaN is mostly made up of Syrians. Most of them want to see the conflict end. Maybe JaN leadership will want to be rulers, but that won't happen on the watch of their majority Syrian group and other rebel groups. ISIS will crumble by themselves when they will no longer have any legitimacy. Most of their local support comes from their "fight" against Assad.

Let's see, no-one in the United States has been prosecuted for supporting Hezbollah. There was an article I read stating that Hezbollah and US shared drone intelligence in Qalamoun, trying to find it. And US has to obey Assad's denial of airspace to areas, which has prevented them from bombing ISIS convoys numerous times.

May 24, 2015

3832500818.jpg

A rebel fighter gestures as he shoots his weapon during clashes with forces loyal to Syria's President Bashar Al Assad on the frontline of Aleppo's Sheikh Saeed neighbourhood May 23, 2015.

Syria regime ‘to accept de facto partition’ of country
‘We’re heading towards an informal partition with front lines that could shift further’

Weakened by years of war, Syria’s government appears ready for the country’s de facto partition, defending strategically important areas and leaving much of the country to rebels and Islamist militants, experts and diplomats say.

The strategy was in evidence last week with the army’s retreat from the ancient central city of Palmyra after an advance by Daesh.

“It is quite understandable that the Syrian army withdraws to protect large cities where much of the population is located,” said Waddah Abd Rabbo, director of Syria’s Al Watan newspaper, which is close to the regime.

“The world must think about whether the establishment of two terrorist states is in its interests or not,” he said, in reference to Daesh’s self-proclaimed “caliphate” in Syria and Iraq, and Al Qaida affiliate Al Nusra Front’s plans for its own “emirate” in northern Syria.

Syria’s government labels all those fighting to oust President Bashar Al Assad “terrorists,” and has pointed to the emergence of Daesh and Al Nusra as evidence that opponents of the regime are extremists.

Since the uprising against Al Assad began in March 2011 with peaceful protests, the government has lost more than three-quarters of the country’s territory, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based monitor.

But the territory the regime controls accounts for about 50 to 60 per cent of the population, according to French geographer and Syria expert Fabrice Balanche.

He said 10-15 per cent of Syria’s population is now in areas controlled by Daesh, 20-25 per cent in territory controlled by Al Nusra or rebel groups and another five to 10 per cent in areas controlled by Kurdish forces.

“The government in Damascus still has an army and the support of a part of the population,” Balanche said.

“We’re heading towards an informal partition with front lines that could shift further.”

People close to the regime talk about a government retreat to “useful Syria”.

“The division of Syria is inevitable. The regime wants to control the coast, the two central cities of Hama and Homs and the capital Damascus,” one Syrian political figure close to the regime said.

“The red lines for the authorities are the Damascus-Beirut highway and the Damascus-Homs highway, as well as the coast, with cities like Latakia and Tartus,” he added, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The coastal Latakia and Tartus provinces are strongholds of the regime, and home to much of the country’s Alawite community, the offshoot of Shiite Islam to which Al Assad adheres.

In the north, east and south of the country, large swathes of territory are now held by Islamist militants or rebel groups, and the regime’s last major offensive — in Aleppo province in February — was a failure.

For now the regime’s sole offensive movement is in Qalamun along the Lebanese border, but there its ally, Lebanon’s Shiite Hezbollah movement, is taking the lead in the fighting.

“The Syrian army today has become a Praetorian guard that is charged with protecting the regime,” said a diplomat who goes to Damascus regularly.

He said the situation had left Syrian officials “worried, of course,” but that they remained convinced that key regime allies Russia and Iran would not let the government collapse.

Some observers believe the defensive posture was the suggestion of Iran, which believes it is better to have less territory but be able to keep it secure.

“Iran urged Syrian authorities to face facts and change strategy by protecting only strategic zones,” opposition figure Haytham Manna said.

The shift may also be the result of the dwindling forces available to the regime, which has seen its once 300,000-strong army “whittled away” by combat and attrition, according to Aram Nerguizian, a senior fellow at the US Centre for Strategic and International Studies.

“On the surface, the regime appears to have accepted that it must secure, hold and defend its core area of control ... with its current mix of forces,” he said.

Those are approximately 175,000 men from the army, pro-regime Syrian militias and foreign fighters, including from Hezbollah and elsewhere.

The Observatory says 68,000 regime forces are among the 220,000 people killed since the conflict began.

But the new strategy does not indicate regime collapse, and could even work in its favour, Nerguizian said.

“Supply lines would have far less overstretch to contend with, and the regime’s taxed command-and-control structure would have more margin of manoeuvre.”

Thomas Pierret, a Syria expert at the University of Edinburgh, said that to survive, “the regime will have to lower its expectations and concentrate on the Damascus-Homs-coast axes.

“Militarily, the regime probably still has the means to hold the southeastern half of the country long-term, but further losses could weaken it from within.”

Syria regime ‘to accept de facto partition’ of country | GulfNews.com

It's absolutely insane that people here think that if Assad falls, all the groups will sit together, have a free election, and then ISIS will peacefully concede that they didn't receive enough votes ,and just slip away. It boggles my mind that people have such a idealistic, naive political view.

It's almost cute.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom