What's new

Salty rumors: Pakistan to buy Mirage - 2000 fighter jets from a friendly country

You want to evaluate 30 min weapon drop off mission sustainability with 30 days or possibly 30 weeks of nonstop dog fights and air battle. :crazy:

Call me when Pakistan becomes an economic superpower so that it can renew its fighter fleet every 30 years, until then, beggars can't be choosers.

this is how you compare ?
PAF dropped thousands of bombs during war on terror . and sure few did not blast

your airforce went to drop 6 bombs after 25 years and failed to drop one on target .
and next day PAF bombed your army locations with recording

BeFunky-collagead.jpg.webp

Any fighter jet 30 years or older isn’t combat worthy. It will start developing fatigue fractures after few back to back combat sorties and will be out of service at the start of the war.
Hi,

I am pretty sure---some poster might have replied---"they are re-furbished multiple times during that period".

Mirage-2000 doesn’t bring any new capability and only creates more logistical and maintenance headache. PAF is perfectly fine with 3 frontline jets, no need to act like the Indian Air Force which operates various fighter types and chronically face’s maintenance and battle readiness issues.
Hi,

In a STATIC POOL of inventory---it is NEVER ABOUT new capability---but always about numbers and in parallel matching capability---.

Higher numbers have a FORCE MULTIPLIER EFFECT of their own.

I feel like it's 2002 on the old pdf and a user called Topgun is advocating we buy Mirage F1.

It doesn't make sense, why would you buy it when you have JF-17s and J-10s and F-16s. It would just have an added burden of a new platform with no new capabilities compared to the other 3, more new logistics and maintenance, more training for that specific platform, more reliance on spares from France for the engine and other things. Makes 0 sense. So its likely a BS story.
Makes perfect sense for me..France can make money generals can make money and politicans can money with a 🍌 which is useless

Didnt we do same with agosta 90b.?

Everyone made money on 90b though only zardari got the bad name

Last edited:
We couldn't even get a few Mirage V from Egypt, you think some friendly country is gonna give us M2K.
It is an out of production aircraft with limited spares. With Mirage III/V we have extensive support infrastructure and expertise. No so much with M2K.
Even India struggling to get them fully operational due to out of production limited spare parts

Probably not true.

The only conceivable reason that I could see is PAF wants a new aggressor unit to simulate Indian Mirages-2000s and Tejas' fighters.

And that is a completely unreasonable way to spend money right now.

UCAVs can be employed for CAS and A2G sorties over battlefield. The numbers can be increased through enhanced blocks of JFT. The inventory of J10 has to increase albeit retirement of F-7 or M3/5.

this is how you compare ?
PAF dropped thousands of bombs during war on terror . and sure few did not blast

your airforce went to drop 6 bombs after 25 years and failed to drop one on target .
and next day PAF bombed your army locations with recording

BeFunky-collagead.jpg.webp
I saw a documentary on this - PAFs operation was marvelous - I also saw this gentleman in pic above answer a question about zarb (jhapar) with respect to F16 vs JF-17 and his answer was what difference does it makes..

Even if Qatar decides to it give it away to Pak free of cost, they can't. As they need approval from original manufacturers in order to do so. And with the breakdown of France and Pakistan relations in last two years it's not gonna happen.

Nopes,
that is not correct.
The only reason D assault Aviation today is a massive organization
is because it has a policy of selling stuff to anyone who can get it;as opposed to the americans and the british.

This policy allowed the french to gain a foothold in aviation market since early 60s.

UCAVs can be employed for CAS and A2G sorties over battlefield. The numbers can be increased through enhanced blocks of JFT. The inventory of J10 has to increase albeit retirement of F-7 or M3/5.

The Mirage was designed to penetrate enemy airspace really fast, with a lot of payload.

no other plane can do this, as cleanly as the Mirage does.

I have been in love with this plane, and if this deal goes through, then UAE will follow;
as they will need to get rid of their Mirages for the same reasons.

PAF will get a massive massive boost in a very short period of time with a very capable, tried and tested platform.

Last edited:
I saw a documentary on this - PAFs operation was marvelous - I also saw this gentleman in pic above answer a question about zarb (jhapar) with respect to F16 vs JF-17 and his answer was what difference does it makes..
Indian media kam dekha karo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom