What's new

Salty rumors: Pakistan to buy Mirage - 2000 fighter jets from a friendly country

We couldn't even get a few Mirage V from Egypt, you think some friendly country is gonna give us M2K.
It is an out of production aircraft with limited spares. With Mirage III/V we have extensive support infrastructure and expertise. No so much with M2K.

Its Qatar

ISLAMABAD: Qatar has reportedly agreed to consider Pakistan’s offer to buy shares/ stakes of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) and Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) and sell Mirage-2000 fighter aircrafts to Pakistan.

I see some thaw (Deffered loan payments, scholarships and donations) in Pakistan and France relations, but thinking that they would help support these Mirages would be very difficult if not impossible.
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) What do you think?

Pakistan doesn't have the money to buy fuel for these jets. It won't be able to buy them even if they were offered. Pakistan is literally going through it's knees for 1.1 billion from IMF.

Its Qatar

ISLAMABAD: Qatar has reportedly agreed to consider Pakistan’s offer to buy shares/ stakes of Oil and Gas Development Company Limited (OGDCL) and Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) and sell Mirage-2000 fighter aircrafts to Pakistan.
I know but I highly doubt about the sale of Mirage 2000 jets. Pakistan does not need them even. Seems like fake news (at least about the sale of jets).

You heard wrong. The actual news is Pakistan is buying 2000 F-35 Joint Strike Fighters. That is why IMF is in Pakistan these days. The IMF is actually buying these jets for Pakistan to make it a sooperdooper nation.
No need to troll. You can make a simple plain comment/answer.
I personally also highly doubt it, especially about the sale of Mirahe-2000 jets. Pakistan does not even need those jets.

And if Qatar is really going to hand over those jets to Pakistan it will be more like a giveaway instead of a sale (so no need to discuss Pakistan's economy or IMF in this regard).
Well, again I will say it does not make any sense even if Pakistan gets these jets free.

Pakistan doesn't have the money to buy fuel for these jets. It won't be able to buy them even if they were offered. Pakistan is literally going through it's knees for 1.1 billion from IMF.
Even if this news is true (which is not btw) Pakistan will get them free or dirt cheap.

Its Qatar

Why not we sold them our all fouj along with brave generals in exchange of few outdated mirages ?
Soda bura nhi wesy

Even if this news is true (which is not btw) Pakistan will get them free or dirt cheap.

No, unlikely you will get it free

The planes should have been bought by Indonesia at 700 million USD using Qatary credit line (around 12-14 planes) plus armament and lot of spare parts. Our Finance Minister has already approved it as stop gap measure (compare if we buy brand new jet like F15 or Rafale) while waiting for KF21 program reaching mass production stage.

France at the last moment ban the sell to Indonesia as they see this sell is likely seen as Indonesia try to lower its Rafale plane order plan (currently we just order 6 Rafale planes).

If this sell is true, it means once again Pakistan is still having this militaristic mentality even under current economic situation.

Maybe your Air Force will use the planes to extend the life of current Mirage in expense buying more brand new J10. There is economic sense in this one.

Even if Qatar decides to it give it away to Pak free of cost, they can't. As they need approval from original manufacturers in order to do so. And with the breakdown of France and Pakistan relations in last two years it's not gonna happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom