What's new

Salty rumors: Pakistan to buy Mirage - 2000 fighter jets from a friendly country

Any fighter jet 30 years or older isn’t combat worthy. It will start developing fatigue fractures after few back to back combat sorties and will be out of service at the start of the war.

Even if Qatar decides to it give it away to Pak free of cost, they can't. As they need approval from original manufacturers in order to do so. And with the breakdown of France and Pakistan relations in last two years it's not gonna happen.
Not that I approve of such a deal - if there was any reality to it...

However, I doubt France is gonna raise any issue even its in India's pocket. France has to deal with the Qatari Govt. too & that they don't wanna piss 'em off just for a few outdated can openers.

There are also rumors floating about that India isn't gonna go for additional Rafales for the Air Force. Now Navy, is another story.

PAF are retiring Mirage III/IVs, A5, F7 and replacing them with JF17s.

No reason to get another old platform and have a pain integrating the whole backend infrastructure to maintain them.

While F16s and J-10s would remain the frontline.

Are all PAF F16s upgraded to block 52s?

Mirage-2000 doesn’t bring any new capability and only creates more logistical and maintenance headache. PAF is perfectly fine with 3 frontline jets, no need to act like the Indian Air Force which operates various fighter types and chronically face’s maintenance and battle readiness issues.

I'm well aware of that, tell that to the guy above who thinks they're junk and only suitable for parade flyby.

So I guess they were junk in operation Swift Retort too?
You want to evaluate 30 min weapon drop off mission sustainability with 30 days or possibly 30 weeks of nonstop dog fights and air battle. :crazy:

Those have Been upgraded to Block 52+ levels after MLU
US has long list of frontline fighter before F-16. US don’t expect F-16s to act like a front line fighter. Half of F-15 (around 350+) were grounded and many salvaged when airframe fatigue cause one F-15 to break apart during 6G turn. Investigation relived half of F-15 fleet is effected by hairline cracks in airframes and many are not combat worthy even after upgrade.

It doesn't make sense, why would you buy it when you have JF-17s and J-10s and F-16s. It would just have an added burden of a new platform with no new capabilities compared to the other 3, more new logistics and maintenance, more training for that specific platform, more reliance on spares from France for the engine and other things. Makes 0 sense. So its likely a BS story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom