What's new

Featured PMLN Leader Muhammad Zubair twice met with COAS: DG ISPR

If IK and PTI are smart they should bring this up in parliament and ask opposition parties to not entice institutions for getting leverage in courts. Further more a law should be passed where meetings of any high ranking officials with any politically exposed personality must be public.

An old friend/family friend requests a meeting.

You agree to meeting old friend/family friend.

The conversation during the meeting touches upon a variety of subjects, as is the norm in any meeting between friends/acquaintances, and the friend sneaks in something about the political and legal troubles of Nawaz and Maryam.

You politely mention that political issues should be resolved in Parliament and legal issues in the courts.

Old friend's political party decides to attack and abuse the military and denies any of its members met with you, forcing your institution to issue a statement about the meetings that occurred.

Neither Zubair or the COAS are technically wrong in their statements.

Here are the facts as we know from the individuals/institutions directly involved. Zubair & the PMLN leadership stated that they never explicitly asked for 'favors'. (Maryam has denied PMLN meeting the COAS but Zubair has confirmed it himself, per the tweet above).

The Army never said that it was asked for favors - DG ISPR simply said that the political and legal issues faced by Nawaz and Maryam came up in the conversation and that the COAS politely said that they should be resolved in Parliament and the courts respectively.

Make of the above what you will - the important thing is the part about the COAS clearly stating that Parliament and courts are the appropriate avenues to address political and legal grievances, and that the Army should be kept out of such issues.

Did the politician come out and say I have Army's backing and I am the only option for it?

We have many politicians who say these things in or out of the office.

The statement was unwarranted.

Make of the above what you will - the important thing is the part about the COAS clearly stating that Parliament and courts are the appropriate avenues to address political and legal grievances, and that the Army should be kept out of such issues.
Errr.... has anyone informed Faiz hameed about this? :undecided: :angel:

I wonder what Maryam nawaz will say now. ISPR just torpedoed their entire anti Pakistan campaign.
NS speech made them irritate she and her dad left no option if she denied again they will release all the details

NS speech made them irritate she and her dad left no option if she denied again they will release all the details

I doubt they will will release all the details but GOVT might make public every thing about their conversation without involving Military. There is a reason they asked for Sheeda Tali to come to the meetings so that he can expose their lies on media.

Back
Top Bottom