What's new

Pakistan ordering 8 Block 60 F16's ?

Do you think the US will sell Block 60 F16's to pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 49.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It really doesnt matter whether US sells us these mere 8 jets or not.They wont make much of a difference anyway.

Since i have complete faith in windjammer's reputation so i think it'd be Block 50/52+

Sir, the jets being acquired are Block-52s.....to bring No-5 Squadron up to it's full strength as the unit is also undertaking the role for training pilots for Block-52s.
What if order in news is of eight aircrafts. But actually order is bit bigger say another 18 or more. And news is hidden to avoid unnecessary hype from jealous sides???

This is a good development, if true.

It really doesnt matter whether US sells us these mere 8 jets or not.They wont make much of a difference anyway.
They will be a force-multiplier.

They will also enable PAF to retire some old fighter jets.

They will be a force-multiplier.

They will also enable PAF to retire some old fighter jets.
How come these 8 jets can be a force multiplier.And please come out of the ``super invincible F16``mindset....Yes viper is a good jet but its days of glory are left behind and soon its got to retire and a mere 8 jets cannot do much against a 3X adversary

How come these 8 jets can be a force multiplier.And please come out of the ``super invincible F16``mindset....Yes viper is a good jet but its days of glory are left behind and soon its got to retire and a mere 8 jets cannot do much against a 3X adversary
I never assumed that F-16 is virtually unstoppable. However, it is among the most successful aircraft ever built and will remain relevant for years to come due to its customization potential.

Now, you may argue that this is an era of 5th generation aircraft but such aircraft are unlikely to be mass produced because they are not just expensive but also difficult to maintain. Stealthy aircraft have their uses but they are unlikely to become mainstay of any airforce with exception of USAF due to its enormous budget.

Pakistan perceives India as primary threat to its national interests and PAF is unlikely to face a large number of stealthy aircraft in a hypothetical scenario in near future.

Last edited:
I never assumed that F-16 is virtually unstoppable. However, it is among the most successful aircraft ever built and will remain relevant for years to come due to its customization potential.

Now, you may argue that this is an era of 5th generation aircraft but such aircraft are unlikely to be mass produced because they are not just expensive but also difficult to maintain. Stealthy aircraft have their uses but they are unlikely to become mainstay of any airforce with exception of USAF due to its enormous budget.

Yes i totally agree that F16 was one of the best dogfighter ever built.But its over 3 decades old and almost all of its kills were in the 20th century.What I am saying is that we have to go for more advanced 4.5th gn fighters like ET,Rafale or Su35 etc.
And I never said that its an era of 5th gen fighters.I agree about your points on 5th gen platforms.
Pakistan perceives India as primary threat to its national interests and PAF is unlikely to face a large number of stealthy aircraft in a hypothetical scenario in near future.

.[/QUOTE]
But Pakistan is going to face more than 300 4.5 gen fighters(Su30mki and Rafales).SO how are we gonna counter them???????

Yes i totally agree that F16 was one of the best dogfighter ever built.But its over 3 decades old and almost all of its kills were in the 20th century.What I am saying is that we have to go for more advanced 4.5th gn fighters like ET,Rafale or Su35 etc.
And I never said that its an era of 5th gen fighters.I agree about your points on 5th gen platforms.

But Pakistan is going to face more than 300 4.5 gen fighters(Su30mki and Rafales).SO how are we gonna counter them???????[/QUOTE]
By living in the dreams of our F-16s & its fan boys club ?lolzz

8 F-16s blk 52 = 16 JFT (roughly) .Still a good deal

Now, we have the F-16 Block-52 with the APG-68(V)9 radar. 18 of them. 12Cs and 6Ds. The contract for buying these were signed in 2006.

According to this article from Janes ...
http://www.janes.com/article/55455/us-prepares-to-sell-eight-newbuild-f-16s-to-pakistan
Quoting a Pakistani Govt. official, these 8 will be more advanced than the ones we contracted to buy in 2006 i.e. the Block-52.

Now make up your own minds. Its all speculation at this point.

The contract isn't the scripture that you need God to change. Any contract requires as little as half a page of one or more amendment/s; agreed and signed by both parties!! If Pakistan wants the V or the block-60 for the additional 8, and the US government agrees with it, its a small amendment at that point :tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom