What's new

Pakistan ordering 8 Block 60 F16's ?

Do you think the US will sell Block 60 F16's to pakistan?

• Yes

Votes: 52 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 65 49.6%
  • I don't know

Votes: 14 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Indeed it was not for me brother but I didn't find anything offending in Indus Falcon post that's why I was surprised from your reply to him and I have asked you because their is may be something which I am is unable to comprehend or may be I am missing something.

Indeed Khafee I know and I have heard that UAE F-16s are also upgraded to these standards to cope up with the problems faced in Blk 60.

Indus Falcon - Is a very respectable professional and an honorable man. I have great respect for him. It was the internet warrior who was harassing him that I was referring to.

Initially the Blk 60 had some issues but by mid 2006 those had been worked out. Teething issues, as expected with any new platform, nothing critical or drastic, minor hiccups.

The Blk 61 is basically an upgrade from the Blk60. New EW suite Falcon Edge 2.0 if you will, APG-83 radar instead of APG-80, Replacement of AN/ALQ 165, higher load wings, plus some other things, but you get the idea.

Secondly we have been operating them since 2005, so over time and exercises with other forces, you learn their strengths and your weaknesses, obviously in an upgrade you try to incorporate as many changes as technically feasible.

Good talking to you, Best Regards.

specs of F16V PLS?

Sir, you can find the general specs of the F-16V here ...
F-16 Fighting Falcon · Lockheed Martin

As you can see that it basically is the same engine-wise, airframe-wise (barring some minor differences) and take-off weights wise as the Block-52 in our inventory. This would suggest that its flying characteristics would also be similar.

However, it is completely a new beast in its 5th Gen electronics i.e. APG-83 SABR AESA radar, Advanced EW-Suite and Avionics. Its electronics has been designed developed in commonality in components with the 5th Gen F-35 and F-22.

It is also available as upgrade to previous Blocks and case in example at the moment is that Taiwan is upgrading its 140+ Block-20 F-16A/Bs to the "V" standard.

Hope that answers your question.

Indus Falcon - Is a very respectable professional and an honorable man. I have great respect for him. It was the internet warrior who was harassing him that I was referring to.

Initially the Blk 60 had some issues but by mid 2006 those had been worked out. Teething issues, as expected with any new platform, nothing critical or drastic, minor hiccups.

The Blk 61 is basically an upgrade from the Blk60. New EW suite Falcon Edge 2.0 if you will, APG-83 radar instead of APG-80, Replacement of AN/ALQ 165, higher load wings, plus some other things, but you get the idea.

Secondly we have been operating them since 2005, so over time and exercises with other forces, you learn their strengths and your weaknesses, obviously in an upgrade you try to incorporate as many changes as technically feasible.

Good talking to you, Best Regards.

Likewise brother :). Not going to say have a nice stay but I would rather wish to you a happy journey here at PDF till the end :).
Warm Regards!

In a couple of days I imagine we will see a DSCA notification, that should put an end to the rumor mill and clarify if these will be Blk 52+ or "V" spec.

Sir, you can find the general specs of the F-16V here ...
F-16 Fighting Falcon · Lockheed Martin

As you can see that it basically is the same engine-wise, airframe-wise (barring some minor differences) and take-off weights wise as the Block-52 in our inventory. This would suggest that its flying characteristics would also be similar.

However, it is completely a new beast in its 5th Gen electronics i.e. APG-83 SABR AESA radar, Advanced EW-Suite and Avionics. Its electronics has been designed developed in commonality in components with the 5th Gen F-35 and F-22.

It is also available as upgrade to previous Blocks and case in example at the moment is that Taiwan is upgrading its 140+ Block-20 F-16A/Bs to the "V" standard.

Hope that answers your question.
Thks

1502006485825751187.gif

Paf not taking lesson they completely surrender themselves to F 16 seems like they had mental block when most airforces are preparing to take off f 16 from inventory for stop gap its ok but being used as primary weapon against most advanced indian airforce and airdefence system it is sucidal seems like PAF is in sucide mode

Hope congress block the F 16 and LM stop manufacturing the only way to stop paf getting it we need more advanced fighter jet than F 16 after rafale PAF is still buying F 16

Back
Top Bottom