What's new

PAF is looking for a next generation fighter in both, east and west - ACM Sohail Aman

PAF next gen fighter work should be done with China
other are not that advance in that term SK Indonesia Japan

PN doesn't have a separate air arm that operates Fighter jets. They can not straight away start flying a jet as advanced as Su-35. They won't have the kind of set up in place. If at all, PAF will establish a set up to train PN pilots probably on JF-17s and then move them to Su-35. Whole thing can take a decade plus. Or PAF can establish units for dedicated naval support which will take lesser time, say five years or so. This all is however just my assumptions. Something seems to be cooking and things are happening very fast. Time will clear this fog.

it won't take a decade. by the time new jets arrive, pilots will be trained. btw PN cadets do go to PAF for training

& for SU35 (if it ever happens) we can always send our pilots & engineers to China while we receive those jets. Not an issue.

question will be whether SU35 is feasible for PAF or not.

A nation with $ 19 billion in her savings account, for national security purposes, can spend $ 2 billion tomorrow and get stuff on cash. The only thing like I've said many times is, Pakistan is being smart about it. She doesn't want to tick off the WB and the IMF (both of which have a lot of Indian influence).

So if Pakistan can push ahead making economic progress for two more years, by the end of 2017, part of the CPEC would be functional, electric issue would be resolved, the country would be sitting around $ 30 billion cash, so middle finger for the IMF. It can secure loans directly from the manufacturing country for anything due to loan to cash ratio.

This is where both Shariffs are playing great together. Bad Cop (Gen. Raheel) and Good Cop (NS) when it comes to India. Gen. Raheel will issue a strong war-like message to keep Indian in reality check, the next week, NS will send MANGOS to keep their leadership calm. This is perfect aggressive-passive diplomacy and it works. Tells the Indians to remain at bay and at the same time, with a smile, it says "we don't want war, here, have some Mangos". All this is buying time for 2 more years. Then, India won't be issuing these silly statements, knowing there are over 400 4th gen jets to intercept whatever they have to send. Just like the Cold Feet doctrine has seen its end, and just like the "Naval Blockade" has seen its end.

So in the next 2+ years, you'll see a bump in the defense spending. By 2018, the defense budget of Pakistan will be around $ 12-14 billion. And heavies would come, the JFT's will be further advanced to block III.

In the current scenario, the JFT fires a BVR missile from JUST as much distance as the SU-30 and the Mirage 2000 or the F-16 would, in the Indo-Pak scenario. So majority of the work is going to be depending upon missiles. In dog fight, JFT can take on all Indian strike platforms but SU-30 and Rafale (when it comes). The -16 can take on the SU-30 and Rafale. Starting 2018, you'll see orders on the table for more assets and much modern at that. You just have to wait.

Like i said, the Pakistan running on little budget till the 2010,isn't the Pakistan now, sure isn't the Pakistan of 2018. A faster growing economy with a potential to be the top11th economy in years to come, requires a much stronger defense. Now there is money, and only time required for two more years to establish the system, strengthen it and get a few big project live or parts of those, live.

A LOT of new stuff is coming to Pakistan's all three forces. Just watch how it unfolds by 2018!!

This is where both Shariffs are playing great together. Bad Cop (Gen. Raheel) and Good Cop (NS) when it comes to India. Gen. Raheel will issue a strong war-like message to keep Indian in reality check, the next week, NS will send MANGOS to keep their leadership calm.

I always say that this is working ,How i dont know but you put up in a nice narration ,This strategy works as in our daily business deals we do these type of things and most of the time it works .Nice narration to put

Lot of talks and so many threads related to Su-35 in PAF colors but I want to raise some questions related to Su-35.
Every one impressed with Su35 maneuvers, Gen 4++ fighter plane with powerful radar with 400 km tracking capability, has range in excess of 3,500 kilometers without refueling. The world’s most powerful Fourth-Generation fighter’s standout features include new engines, avionics and radar. WOW

Why was this plane being created? Is this was created for Russians Airforce requirement to defeat/nullify every other European planes for the Russians conditions or whether it was designed for the Export. What ever is good for Russia does it is necessary good for the Pakistan ??

What I see is that this plane very good for the Russia and the China because they have very large area to cover. The plane which have long legged and can be deployed from one part of the country to another. The Ibris Radar with 400 km range and low RCS and long range BVR i.e RD 77P was developed for detecting stealth plane from long strandoff distance to counter threats from West. As compare to China or the Russia Pakistan don't have such strategic depth and Su-35 won't give you so much advantage to PAF than RuAF and PLAAF.

Here in PDF lots of talk of the best fighter plane Rafale, MKI, Eurofighter 2000, J10, J11, F-18, F-16block 60, but if you ask me which is my favorite I will say the legendary USNAAF F-14. There was no Soviet answer to F-14 which keeps all thier Tu bomber away from US carriers. With so power engine to take off from the carrier with weapon load without starting after burner, capable of flying mark 2.5, highly egile dogfighter, Why so big, to support such a big Radar, Phoenix Missile capable of targeting the target 200 KM away with Bulls Eyes, once even targeting 6 targets simultaneously fired missiles in all directions. But it was meant for USN why UK didn't procure F-14 because it was not meant for her requirement.

A joint venture of Turkey and Pakistan in the development of a 5th Gen Aircraft or pursuing of TAI TFX project will be a win-win situation for both brother countries. Pakistan already holds a record for converting JF-17 from drawingboard plan into a flying machine.

JF-17 Block-XXX (stealth version) can be made with the help of some industrial advanced nation i.e. China, Russia, France etc. All we need 350 4 and 4.5th Gen aircrafts and 40-50 5th Gen fighters. This is enough until 2040.

Tried to get in touch with Russian defence attaché in Islamabad, been told to call back in an hour as he's out of office...will try to find out any info later.

It is the Russian deputy FM who said this, surely can't be a slip of the tongue.

Now, i am not sure if the Russian Embassy officials would know the complete story or be willing to reveal it right now, so you might get a mum answer.

It is the Russian deputy FM who said this, surely can't be a slip of the tongue.

Now, i am not sure if the Russian Embassy officials would know the complete story or be willing to reveal it right now, so you might get a mum answer.

As many news outlet both Russian and some other new outlet talking about su-35 now FM himself talking about I thing something might be brewing behind close door.where is smoke there is fire.

A joint venture of Turkey and Pakistan in the development of a 5th Gen Aircraft or pursuing of TAI TFX project will be a win-win situation for both brother countries. Pakistan already holds a record for converting JF-17 from drawingboard plan into a flying machine.

JF-17 Block-XXX (stealth version) can be made with the help of some industrial advanced nation i.e. China, Russia, France etc. All we need 350 4 and 4.5th Gen aircrafts and 40-50 5th Gen fighters. This is enough until 2040.
1. How can you be so sure about TAI TFX capabilities and after completion think that will be a great 5th Gen fighter.

2. That Record goes to Chinese Caltic with some push from US and Israel aka super sabre program.

3. Jf-17-XXX stealth version ?? Are you thinking of converting into stealth fighter plane ?

Back
Top Bottom