What's new

PAF is looking for a next generation fighter in both, east and west - ACM Sohail Aman

Force Multipliers could point to perhaps better Radar , or Tankers for our F16 Fleet.

But for 4.5 Generation jets , I could only see two candidates

a) Sukhoi-35, which is a tremendous bird in air
b) Hornets , retiring fleets for perhaps a reasonable rates, I just don't see us getting
Euro fighter or Rafale

J10B would be a 4th generation addition but its getting AESA would be a good option as well

Last edited:
اس زلف پہ پبھتی شب دیجور کی سوجھی
اندھے کو اندھیرے میں بہت دور کی سوجھی

ACM remark about a 5th Gen from west reminded me of the above شعر
He been flying fast jets lately. Pulling too many G,s at his age does your head in and you end up saying utter rubbish like him.

Lol...This thread can get very interesting very fast.

J-31 was expected but to the west? Only F-35 is there but seriously? It requires loads of cash and loads of love from Uncle Sam. I wonder if joining a coalition against ISIS will do the trick! Who knows. India has already committed to Pak-Fa. There might be an opportunity here for Pakistan to get F-35. A bit hard to believe though. What else is there in the West? Could he be talking about Eurofighter possibility? Not a 5th generation though. Only time will tell I guess.

After 2020 f-35 going to price at 83 million dollar along with related cost price probably around 120/130 million dollar will not too costly for you as your economy is improving. Other western option tfx will not fly febor 2023 so only next generation option left Is f-35

اس زلف پہ پبھتی شب دیجور کی سوجھی
اندھے کو اندھیرے میں بہت دور کی سوجھی

ACM remark about a 5th Gen from west reminded me of the above شعر
He been flying fast jets lately. Pulling too many G,s at his age does your head in and you end up saying utter rubbish like him.

bachon ka khel nahi hai. pretty sure PAF has already been in talks with various countries for few years.

I don't think US will leave Pakistan, or vice versa. The fear of sanction is over! we've gone past that stage of testing nukes!

Option of US tech will be there for us, but it will be up to PAF which jet they'd opt for, might go for F-35 since we're quite familiar with their tech.

Answering a question regarding PAF's future procurements, ACM Sohail Aman stated that in addition to force multipliers, the PAF is looking to procure a 5th generation aircraft and that they are looking for it in both, east and west.

Now, we know that PAF has been looking into J-31, but what is there to look for in west? Please discuss.

Below, is the link to the interview. Fast forward to 8:33.

Comments
F22 :D

Lol...This thread can get very interesting very fast.

J-31 was expected but to the west? Only F-35 is there but seriously? It requires loads of cash and loads of love from Uncle Sam. I wonder if joining a coalition against ISIS will do the trick! Who knows. India has already committed to Pak-Fa. There might be an opportunity here for Pakistan to get F-35. A bit hard to believe though. What else is there in the West? Could he be talking about Eurofighter possibility? Not a 5th generation though. Only time will tell I guess.
We know the strings attached for F16 (lol On and Off button controlled by US) For F35 or 22 They would install On off control on all our fleet including Navy :lol:

5th Generation aircrafts:-

United States

F-35 (Operational)

The F-35 has three main models: the F-35A conventional takeoff and landing (CTOL) variant, the F-35B short take-off and vertical-landing (STOVL) variant, and the F-35C carrier-based Catapult Assisted Take-Off But Arrested Recovery (CATOBAR) variant.

On 15 December 2006, the F-35A completed its maiden flight.

On 31 July 2015, the first squadron was declared ready for deployment after intensive testing by the United States

F-22 Raptor (Operational)

A final procurement tally of 187 operational production aircraft was established in 2009 and the last F-22 was delivered to the USAF in 2012.

China

Chengdu J-20 (Testing Phase)

On 11 January 2011, the J-20 made its first flight.

Shenyang J-31 (Testing Phase)

First flight on 31 October 2012. The J-31 was publicly unveiled on November 12, 2014.

South Korea & Indonesia

KAI KF-X (Design Phase)

Initial Year of Service: 2020

Turkey

TAI TFX / F-X (Design phase)
The Turkish Air Force intends to procure 250+ TFX starting from 2025.

Russia & India

T-50 Pak-FA (Testing Phase)

First flight made on 29 January 2010. Speed of over Mach 2.

India

HAL AMCA – India (Design phase)

Official design work started in 2011 and completed in 2014. The first flight is scheduled to occur in 2019.

Japan

Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin (Design phase)

The fighter prototype is expected to be fully developed by 2018.

SU-35 is that western plane he is talking about

Answering a question regarding PAF's future procurements, ACM Sohail Aman stated that in addition to force multipliers, the PAF is looking to procure a 5th generation aircraft and that they are looking for it in both, east and west.

Now, we know that PAF has been looking into J-31, but what is there to look for in west? Please discuss.

Below, is the link to the interview. Fast forward to 8:33.

Comments
He said next gen, not fifth gen.

As far as procurements go, there might not be a Western 5th gen in PAF with the exception of a joint Turkish programme but it will depend on what we can offer in technology and our purchasing power.

After 2020 f-35 going to price at 83 million dollar along with related cost price probably around 120/130 million dollar will not too costly for you as your economy is improving. Other western option tfx will not fly febor 2023 so only next generation option left Is f-35

To be honest man, I'm confused. It is as if all the rules of the game have suddenly vanished. All our assumptions were wrong. Suddenly Pak military has budget for so many acquisitions and from so many sources. Russia ready to give Su-35, a 5th Gen fighter from west being talked about, AH-1z deal, Mi-35s, submarines for Navy, europeans have no problems with us, Arabs went quiet after an outburst. Really we Pakistanis are used to navigate our way in troubled waters and suddenly these overtures from everywhere. Bit unusual, to say the least.

I'm super confused. Can too much good news kill a person?

To be honest man, I'm confused. It is as if all the rules of the game have suddenly vanished. All our assumptions were wrong. Suddenly Pak military has budget for so many acquisitions and from so many sources. Russia ready to give Su-35, a 5th Gen fighter from west being talked about, AH-1z deal, Mi-35s, submarines for Navy, europeans have no problems with us, Arabs went quiet after an outburst. Really we Pakistanis are used to navigate our way in troubled waters and suddenly these overtures from everywhere. Bit unusual, to say the least.

I'm super confused. Can too much good news kill a person?

Is it possible tht Su 35 is being discussed for Navy, rather than Airforce? I am totally ignorant on these matters..so would like to know your comment on this

Is it possible tht Su 35 is being discussed for Navy, rather than Airforce? I am totally ignorant on these matters..so would like to know your comment on this

PN doesn't have a separate air arm that operates Fighter jets. They can not straight away start flying a jet as advanced as Su-35. They won't have the kind of set up in place. If at all, PAF will establish a set up to train PN pilots probably on JF-17s and then move them to Su-35. Whole thing can take a decade plus. Or PAF can establish units for dedicated naval support which will take lesser time, say five years or so. This all is however just my assumptions. Something seems to be cooking and things are happening very fast. Time will clear this fog.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom