What's new

PAF is looking for a next generation fighter in both, east and west - ACM Sohail Aman

Thanks for the information just few more questions Turkey is planning to procuring for F-35 what would be the implification of that.
2. Are you looking for joint development and how much fund would be requiered for R&D and development of prototype.
3. Since Turkey is very much advanced in composites and have been manufacturing various composite airframes for US companies does this shows that its skin will be of composite or of titanium for enhanced strength.
4. Any plans for joint or indigenous turbo fan engine development in future.
5. What is the status of the project? have it passed the preliminary design phase and the design is locked for the prototype and what is the expected year for the first flight.

Thanx and Regards.

BROTHER DON'T TAKE MY REPLY AS OFFENSIVE.

1. TFX IS A DISTANT FUTURE AND BIENG DESIGNED FOR THE TURKISH AIRFORCE REQUIREMENT THATS WHY IT IS NOT NECESSORY THAT IT FULFILLS PAF REQUIREMENT. LET PLANE BE READY AND THEN YOU CAN ACCESS WHEATHER IT FITS INTO YOUR SERVICE REQUIREMENT OR NOT ?

2. AS FAR AS THE JF-17 IS CONCERNED ITS FC-1 WHICH HAVE A HISTORY, YOU CAN SEARCH SUPER SABRE PROGRAM AND CAN READ IT YOURSELF

3. CONVERTING JF-17 TO STEALTH FIGHTER PLANE IS NOT A GOOD IDEA, TECHNOLOGICALY DIFFICULT AND ECONOMICAL UNFISSIABLE, INSTEAD DEVELOPING THE WHOLE NEW PLANE FROM THE SCRATCH IS MORE APPROPRIATE.

YOU ARE MISTAKENLY TAKEN MY COMMENT AS OFFENSIVE.
Possibilities are present. Both J-31 and TFX are premature. Pakistan is not going to acquire any 5th Gen jet in next 6-7 years.

Why not make it in Pakistan
All we need is the corrupt politicians in jail, and their money(Which will be around 10 Billion USD) to make the jet.
If two brothers made a helicopter at home, then there's no point in telling that we can't make a jet.

You are a new member but still asking you why you need 5th Gen jet ??
I am a new member but my writings on defense issues are available on internet. :-)

Pakistan needs 5th Gen Jet to maintain credible minimum deterrence against India. India is going to acquire Su PAK FA so Pakistan is trying to tackle that move. I think PAF needs a 4.5th Gen jet also in their inventory because MKI and Rafaels will be a more than serious threat to PAF.

From east to west.

So that means news coming from Russian sources regarding Su-35 is not entirely untrue. From the west it could also mean some interest, although not reported anywhere, expressed in Eurofighter too. I mention Eurofighter as it is the only latest, operational platform and untouched by India. And Eurofighter is looking for new buyers.

F-35 is far away even now.

From east to west.

So that means news coming from Russian sources regarding Su-35 is not entirely untrue. From the west it could also mean some interest, although not reported anywhere, expressed in Eurofighter too. I mention Eurofighter as it is the only latest, operational platform and untouched by India. And Eurofighter is looking for new buyers.

F-35 is far away even now.
I agree yaar I think both SU 35 & eurofighter costs almost same .oman and other GCC using eurofighter make sence too PN needs a heavy duty fighter for navel role augment JF 17 as back up .Not a fan of F 35 but u never know Americans r clever they may play this card as well like the offered F16s

The days of getting cutting edge stuff like 5th gen fighters from the West are over I am afraid. I think F-16 will be the last advanced fighter on our long history with USA. The romance. USA will tilt more and more closer to India. There is not a chance that the Indian lobby will allow anything advanced being sold to Pak. We only got the F-16s because we already had got them in the 1980s and because of the US tangle in Afghanistan. As that is over we have nothing left to leverage the USA. Here is my list of how we got aircraft in the past.

1950/1960s - Sabre/Starfighter > USA obligation toward SENTO ally as bulwark against communism.
1980/2000s - F-16s > Afghan war against Soviet Union then US invasion against Taliban logistics etc

Now it's all over so quit USA because they are not going giving us anything like a 5th Gen. Europe? Not sure either because of US influence but maybe some go although Indian's have increasing influence there as well. Which leaves Russia and China. My best bet is stick with China. Hold out for their aircraft industry to mature. At least sanction proof and cost effective.

My two cents.

if it is a saving grace India will find it equally hard to get 5th generation fighters without throwing lots of $$$

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom