What's new

Omar Abdullah barred from performing Umrah due to marrying a non-muslim (Sikh) woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Shahrukh Khan been barred too? Amir Khan, Saif Ali Khan?

They all married out of religion. They still seem to enjoy a lot of popularity among people of all religions.
Did they ever apply for Umrah or Hajj?

Being a part of pop culture and being Islamically correct are two different things.

It is an Islamic matter and I really don’t like to talk with non-Muslims (especially Hindus who are biased towards Islam by default) who do not have slightest clue of what they are talking about. By the same token, I dont like to put my nose in any other religion. But just to clarify another misconception here;

It is not purely political, it is not political at all. In Islam, the major purpose of marriage is the procreation of the offspring. Islam is a monotheist religion (like Judaism and Christianity). In Islam, every sin is forgivable except worshiping of more than one God. Monotheism or Tawhid is the foundation of Islam.

"Verily God forgives not setting up partners in worship with Him. But He forgives whom He pleases, sins other than that (shirk)" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 4, Verse 116

"Verily whosoever sets up partners in worship with God, then God Has forbidden paradise for him and the fire will be his abode" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 5, Verse 72

"And invoke not besides Allah any that will neither profit you nor hurt you, but if (in case) you did so, you shall certainly be one of the polytheists and wrong doers. And if Allah touches you with hurt, there is none who can remove it but He; and if He intends any good for you, there is none who can repel His favours which He causes it to reach whomsoever of His slaves He wills. And He is the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 10, Verses 106-107

It is well understood that a mother is the first learning institution of a child. If Muslims were allowed to marry with women from Polytheist religion, it would be counter productive for a Muslim child who would now get his first information on religion from a polytheist mother. In addition to that, there are all kinds of social problems associated with these marriages. That is why it is best to marry with a Muslim woman, than with the women of other monotheist religions.
Dude, you didn't get the hidden meaning behind it, and its best not discussed here. Of course to him Islam is a made up religion, just like Hinduism is to us. But this is not the discussion here and can be done on a separate thread.

It is an Islamic matter and I really don’t like to talk with non-Muslims (especially Hindus who are biased towards Islam by default) who do not have slightest clue of what they are talking about. By the same token, I dont like to put my nose in any other religion. But just to clarify another misconception here;

Who do you think are non-biased? Jews, Christians, Zoroastrians (the few left who had to take shelter in India), Sikhs... Who exactly is non-biased?

Can you claim that Muslims are not biased towards other religions? May be they are more so. As you claim yourself:
"Verily whosoever sets up partners in worship with God, then God Has forbidden paradise for him and the fire will be his abode" The Holy Qur'an, Chapter 5, Verse 72

We believe, God is not so narrow minded as to worry about how (or even if) people pray. He is approachable to all, in any way they want to reach him or even if they don't want to!

Also we believe that he is not so vain as to get mad at his own creation for the crime of calling him by different names. Angry enough to burn them eternally in hell!

But then we do have a very different perception of what a kind God means!

Did they ever apply for Umrah or Hajj?
Even Omar Abdullah got through apparently, since there must be a don't ask don't tell policy going on. Let alone we cannot pass the judgment/verdict on matters upon whom according to our faith Allah alone has jurisdiction. But of course it will be my opinion, if asked, committing gross violations against the code of conduct in Islam negates something like Hajj where we're warned of simplest of things would too have the same effect, like not taking care of your neighbors before embarking upon the pilgrimage, or lying, or even being unhygienic. Now no Saudi checks a person thoroughly for hygiene but its understood that if someone cheats them out of it, (s)he will be answerable to God about it.

Has Shahrukh Khan been barred too? Amir Khan, Saif Ali Khan?

They all married out of religion. They still seem to enjoy a lot of popularity among people of all religions.

I don't know about Amir or Saif but I know Shahrukh has became musrik. he has a mandir in his house where he perform puja with his family. This musrik also keep a qur'an in that mandir (nauzibullah). He must perform tauba and re due his shadah before becoming Muslim again.

I don't know about Amir or Saif but I know Shahrukh has became musrik. he has a mandir in his house where he perform puja with his family. This musrik also keep a qur'an in that mandir (nauzibullah). He must perform tauba and re due his shadah before becoming Muslim again.

Did you suggest this to him? Probably he may just pay heed.

Did you suggest this to him? Probably he may just pay heed.

No I don't intend to. He can do what ever and don't need our permission. All I am saying he left Islam and he should not be label as Muslim just because he has Islamic name by birth..........

Omar liked a girl, thats it, religion cannot and should not and will not limit his freedom to chose his life partner.

In that case he can stay in India happily ever after and no need to go to holy cities. There is no water down version Islam my friend......

Is that also true for people who lie, drink, commit crimes, murders, deal in drugs that destroy whole generations, terrorists, pimps and sundry other such things?

Omar liked a girl, thats it, religion cannot and should not and will not limit his freedom to chose his life partner.
This religion does. If you don't like it, say so and stop calling yourself Muslim. If you want to call yourself a Muslim you must obey all the rules of Allah not just a few. That is again in the eyes of Allah there might be some mercy and your transgressions would be waived away. But from our side we should at least try our best.

Maybe god will understand his marriage out of love and make an exception for him. Maybe hes that special someone, who knows. But for the rest of us he did give his instruction down in WRITING.

Is that also true for people who lie, drink, commit crimes, murders, deal in drugs that destroy whole generations, terrorists, pimps and sundry other such things?
Hajj is not permissible to any of them.

It was actually a question to Zakir who claimed that SRK is no more entitled to be called a Muslim.
Thats for god to pronounce, but my opinion is that as long as they don't repent and don't remedy their mistakes, their status would remain questionable.

There ARE bad Muslims too. Who will also goto hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom