What's new

Saudi Arabia says female Umrah pilgrims will no longer need a male guardian

Corruptistan

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Saudi Arabia says female Umrah pilgrims will no longer need a male guardian​

The kingdom also announces the lifting of health restrictions on Egyptians performing Umrah

Umrah pilgrims circumambulate the Kaaba at the Grand Mosque in Makkah. AP

Umrah pilgrims circumambulate the Kaaba at the Grand Mosque in Makkah. AP

The National

Oct 11, 2022

Saudi Arabia has announced that a male guardian, or mahram, is no longer required to accompany a female pilgrim who wishes to travel to Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah from any part of the world.

Speaking at the Saudi embassy in Cairo, the Minister of Hajj and Umrah Dr Tawfiq Al Rabiah also announced that the kingdom is lifting all health restrictions for Egyptian Umrah pilgrims, upon a directive from King Salman.

He said that there is no quota or ceiling for the number of Umrah visas to be issued for Muslims from all over the world.

“Any Muslim coming to the kingdom with any type of visa can perform Umrah,” the Saudi Gazette reported.

The minister also referred to the efforts made by the kingdom regarding the introduction and use of modern technologies and the digitisation of services for those who wish to visit the Two Holy Mosques, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Dr Tawfiq Al Rabiah, Minister of Hajj and Umrah, announced the abolition of all health conditions and restrictions for Egyptian pilgrims. SPA

Dr Tawfiq Al Rabiah, Minister of Hajj and Umrah, announced the abolition of all health conditions and restrictions for Egyptian pilgrims. SPA

These included using robots to provide some services to pilgrims, as well as developing the Nusk platform, which makes available many facilities for those visiting the Grand Mosque.

"It is possible to book an Umrah permit through the platform within a short period of time, and after that, the visa can be obtained within 24 hours,” Dr Al Rabiah added.

The minister also spoke about rapid developments at the Two Holy Mosques and other holy sites regarding the infrastructure and organisation to receive the expected increases in the number of pilgrims and visitors.

Good steps. In particular the highlighted part.

Wow...welcome to 1200 AD.

Women were throughout all of Islamic history required to travel with a mahram when visiting Makkah and Madinah for Hajj and Umrah until now. So for 1400 straight years. Do a little bit of research before showcasing your ignorance for all to see.

Last edited:
Women were throughout all of Islamic history required to travel with a mahram when visiting Makkah and Madinah for Hajj and Umrah until now. So for 1400 straight years. Do a little bit of research before showcasing your ignorance.
Yes, "Islamic history" is limited to only Makkah and Madina.

Yes, "Islamic history" is limited to only Makkah and Madina.

The point is that the requirement for a mahram was the normalized and traditional practice for the Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid, Fatimid, Ayyubid, Ottaman, Makkah Sharifate, Kingdom of Hijaz, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (basically all Islamic powers that ever held control or nominal control of Makkah and Madinah) to follow this practice.

So once again, your ignorance is your own problem. You can't probably locate Makkah nor Madinah on a world map, so expecting you to have any grasp of Islamic history is probably asking too much.

The point is that the requirement for a mahram was the normalized and traditional practice for the Rashidun, Umayyad, Abbasid, Fatimid, Ayyubid, Ottaman, Makkah Sharifate, Kingdom of Hijaz, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (basically all Islamic powers that ever held control or nominal control of Makkah and Madinah) to follow this practice.

So once again, your ignorance is your own problem. You can't probably locate Makkah nor Madinah on a world map, so expecting you to have any grasp of Islamic history is probably asking too much.
There is no such restriction in the Quran. As for Hadiths, these were narrated at a certain time and context.
The entire world has moved on including most of the Muslim world - Saudis should too.

Last edited:
There is not such restriction in the Quran. As for Hadiths, these were narrated at a certain time and context.
The entire world has moved on including most of the Muslim world - Saudis should too.

Which part of my posts did you not understand?

The requirement of Muslim women for a mahram when travelling to Makkah and Madinah for Hajj and Umrah have been upheld for 1400 years by ALL Islamic caliphates and entities that have ever controlled Makkah and Madinah. Saudi Arabia are the ones that have now removed this condition for the first time.

I am clearly wasting my time here explaining banalities to you.

You're the idiot who is obsessed with centuries old caliphates. Go put your women on a leash and maybe start living in a cave too to add atmosphere.

Why are you having a seizure you brain dead low IQ Bengali retard? Where have I ever voiced any support to this 1400 year old rule/tradition? In fact I initially wrote that it was a good step!

I am merely explaining what the Islamic consensus has been on this practice for the past 1400 years but it seems that your tiny brain is incapable of understanding it.

Now quit wasting my time fool.

Last edited:
Money is Honey !

Saudi will never ban female there, for money.

When females are not allowed in mosques, why are they allowed for Hajj, Umrah with male or without male? Is it not good female should stay in home?

Money is Honey !

Saudi will never ban female there, for money.

When females are not allowed in mosques, why are they allowed for Hajj, Umrah with male or without male? Is it not good female should stay in home?

Females were never ever banned from visiting Makkah and Madinah. Are you crazy or just hallucinating when writing such absurd nonsense claims?

Since when are females not allowed into mosques?

Has this thread been infested with trolls or what is going on?

Females were never ever banned from visiting Makkah and Madinah. Are you crazy or just hallucinating when writing such absurd nonsense claims?

Read thread title and then my post,
if you are unable to understand my post,
then get help from someone.

Which mosque allow females?
OK, Which mosques allow female to offer prayers?
Any single example from Pakistan?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom