What's new

Omar Abdullah barred from performing Umrah due to marrying a non-muslim (Sikh) woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islam does not have any rule as to barr a Muslim who has married out of Islam from the Hajj/Umrah. Islam forbids marriage out of Islam and if you go against Islam, what're you doing performing the pilgrimage?

Marriage is matter of the heart..

Why are we disucssing it. If he wants to go on a pilgrimage, thats his choice.

Technically you'd be correct. You can't give degrees of insubordination to Allah and yet claim to be a Muslim. However repentance and remedial actions do count as well. Of course now as I can see, no remedial action is taken by Omar Abdullah, he hasn't left his Sikh wife, nor has his wife accepted Islam.

The Saudis need not maintain a database. There is basic questionnaires you gotta fill into your application. If during the application process certain irregularities are discovered, you may be barred from the privilege of pilgrimage and the position can be given to a more deserving candidate. A spot into the pilgrimage is in very high demand you know.

He went against Islam and so Islam can go against him :)

Marriage is matter of the heart..

Why are we disucssing it. If he wants to go on a pilgrimage, thats his choice.
Non-Muslims are disallowed from performing the pilgrimage by law. It's a security risk.

Non-Muslims are disallowed from performing the pilgrimage by law. It's a security risk.

so SA = Islam? is there word in kuran / sunna that says non muslims can not go to mecca?

Do they also check if the applicant drinks / deviates in sexual life, lies, steals etc etc?

so SA = Islam? is there word in kuran / sunna that says non muslims can not go to mecca?

Do they also check if the applicant drinks / deviates in sexual life, lies, steals etc etc?
Saudi Arabia is not caretaker of Islam but Makkah falls under Saudi rule so they get to set the law. Which in this case isn't exactly wrong. See Islam says you need to do AB and not do C. Now a guy can't say okay I'll do A and B but I don't feel like not doing C. Rules are rules. He broke the rules.

I'm sure on the application they do make you attest that you aren't in the habit of doing non-Islamic things. You can't be drinking while you're on the pilgrimage and you can't even after. So there's an unwritten repentance clause... I'm pretty sure Omar Abdullah didn't go to the Saudis repenting upon his act of unrecognized marriage.

Hes a famous person even if he didn't write down his wife is a Sikh they probably already knew about it.

I think in Indian society these days many "Muslims" are marrying Hindus and Sikhs.

In Islam Muslim men are allowed to marry women from the People of the Book, Jews and Christians, but Muslim woman is preferable for a Muslim man. Muslim women can only marry a Muslim man. Its very clear, almost every Muslim knows this.
I think if Omar Abdullah married a Christian or a Jewish woman they would've let him perform Umrah.

I think in Indian society these days many "Muslims" are marrying Hindus and Sikhs.

In Islam Muslim men are allowed to marry women from the People of the Book, Jews and Christians, but Muslim woman is preferable for a Muslim man. Muslim women can only marry a Muslim man. Its very clear, almost every Muslim knows this.
I think if Omar Abdullah married a Christian or a Jewish woman they would've let him perform Umrah.
Even men shouldn't marry a Christian/Jew. Its frowned upon and its just there as an exception not the norm.

You mean same humanity that forces people to take shower if dalits shadow falls on them?

Wth? Do you have to pass snarky comments about Hindus every second post?

I'd like to quote a previous post of yours at this point:

Dont try to drag Islam in here. stay on topic

Please replace Islam with Hinduism.

Last edited:
Pakistanis cant think like Indians. We including Indian muslims are very much different from Pakistanis after 60 years. In india Hindus like me celebrate Id and My muslim friends celebrate Ganesh chaturthi. Comes with me to hindu temples.
Its our pride that we are getting over the cast system and we have successfully came out of it in Urban India . In my opinion, religions are made up of those people who follow the principles rather to those who are born with it.
India is quite matured in this respect ,Pakistan has to go long way from here.

Why are muslim women coming from other planet or wat??

You mean same humanity that forces people to take shower if dalits shadow falls on them?

Its past dude. In India dalits and minorities have been at the post of presidents, prime ministers, cheif ministers, and SC/ST and minorities forms a major chunk of parliament members. You need to read more about India at present before putting ur foot in own mouth.

Security risk !!!

The only attack on the Grand Mosque ( If I remember correctly) was by a Islamic group . Read link below.

In that case, they should be more scared of muslim than non muslims !!

Egyptian Extremist Sect Linked To 1979 Terrorist Attack On Mecca | INTELWIRE Terrorism Blog | J.M. Berger | Investigative reporting on terrorism, research, Freedom of Information Act, War on Terror, television production, Mohammed Jamal Khalifa, Ali

Security risk !!!

The only attack on the Grand Mosque ( If I remember correctly) was by a Islamic group . Read link below.

In that case, they should be more scared of muslim than non muslims !!

Egyptian Extremist Sect Linked To 1979 Terrorist Attack On Mecca | INTELWIRE Terrorism Blog | J.M. Berger | Investigative reporting on terrorism, research, Freedom of Information Act, War on Terror, television production, Mohammed Jamal Khalifa, Ali
We in Information Security The basic tenets of security involve in prevention, control and remedial actions.

Risk mitigation involves in doing what you can to keep and adverse incident to happen all the while keeping the systems uptime high and providing the service to all legitimate users.

The Kaabah can't be closed to Muslims they are the users. Non-Muslims are not the users hence an unnecessary risk. It makes good security sense to keep them away.

Pakistanis cant think like Indians. We including Indian muslims are very much different from Pakistanis after 60 years. In india Hindus like me celebrate Id and My muslim friends celebrate Ganesh chaturthi. Comes with me to hindu temples.
Its our pride that we are getting over the cast system and we have successfully came out of it in Urban India . In my opinion, religions are made up of those people who follow the principles rather to those who are born with it.
India is quite matured in this respect ,Pakistan has to go long way from here.
BS and offtopic... Either talk on topic or don't talk at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom