What's new

Omar Abdullah barred from performing Umrah due to marrying a non-muslim (Sikh) woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Security risk !!!

The only attack on the Grand Mosque ( If I remember correctly) was by a Islamic group . Read link below.

In that case, they should be more scared of muslim than non muslims !!

Egyptian Extremist Sect Linked To 1979 Terrorist Attack On Mecca | INTELWIRE Terrorism Blog | J.M. Berger | Investigative reporting on terrorism, research, Freedom of Information Act, War on Terror, television production, Mohammed Jamal Khalifa, Ali

actually I think it's mostly for religious/spiritual reasons than security :

"Restricting access to Mecca is intended to provide a place of peace and refuge for Muslim believers and preserve the sanctity of the holy cities. Millions of Muslims make the pilgrimage to Mecca each year, and additional tourist traffic would simply add to the congestion and detract from the spirituality of the pilgrimage visit."
:cheers:

actually I think it's mostly for religious/spiritual reasons than security :

"Restricting access to Mecca is intended to provide a place of peace and refuge for Muslim believers and preserve the sanctity of the holy cities. Millions of Muslims make the pilgrimage to Mecca each year, and additional tourist traffic would simply add to the congestion and detract from the spirituality of the pilgrimage visit."
:cheers:
Again in terms if IS management, you need to not only keep the service running but also the quality of service has to be maintained...

There is just no reason at all for the general non-Muslim public to come to Makkah. I'm sure some special case exceptions are made now and then but that's it.

As far as I remember, there is no such Aaya in Quran or any Hadith that prevents the admission of Non-muslims in the Makkah or Madina. Correct me if I am wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, this is a Saudia Law not an Islamic law that non-muslims are not permitted in Makkah let alone in Haram.

I am not 100% sure if non-muslims were residing during the time of Muhammed and after his death, so I have deleted that portion.

Last edited:
Offtopic

what happens at Makkah during non-Haj time of the year

Are Muslims allowed to visit Makkah during the non-Haj period?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, here is something interesting I have found.

By Justice Maulana Muhammad Taqi Usmani

The Entry Of Non-Muslims In Makkah And Madinah

Q. "Non-Muslims are not allowed to enter the city limits of Makkah Mukarramah and Madinah Munawwarah. The entry of non-Muslims in the Haram limits of Makkah was banned in 9th Hijrah by a Quranic order contained in the Surah al-Bar'ah, verse 27.

Did this order apply to the Haram of Makkah only or also to the Haram of Madinah? The Qur'an does not say so.

Imam Malik and Umar bin Abdul-Aziz etc. Interpreted the verse to apply to all the masjids.

There is one Hadith in which the arabian peninsula has been banned for non-Muslims, but the Haram of Madinah remained open to non-Muslims during the lifetime of Rasoolullah( Sallaho Alaihai Wasallam ) and also after him Madinah was the Capital of the Islamic state and the ambassadors and the foreign delegations used to visit the city.

Upto what time the city of Madinah remained open for non-Muslims and since what time it was banned for them and on what authority? Does the verse of Surah al-Bara'ah include the city of Madinah?

Your reply will be a source of guidance." (A. S. Navlwala, Karachi)

A. There are three different injunctions in relation to the entry of non-Muslims into Arabia which should be understood sapa- rately, and should not be confused with each other :

The first injunction is found in the well-known Hadith:

Expel the mushriks from the Arabian peninsula (Bukhari)

All the Muslim jurists are unanimous on the point that this Hadith has banned the permanent citizenship of the Arabian pe- ninsula for the mushriks but has not prohibited their entry on their temporary visit to the peninsula. They may enter the pe- ninsula and stay there for some time but they cannot live there as its permanent citizens. In other words, the Arabian peninsula has been declared as a homeland for Muslims exclusively. So, if the foreign visitors or envoys or delegations have been allowed to enter the peninsula, it was, by no means, a contravention of the instruction of the Hadith quoted above.

The second injunction relates to the entry of the non-Muslims into the precincts of the Haram of Makkah. This injunction is based on Quranic verse contained in the Surah al-Bara'ah :

The Associators are impure. So they must not come near "Almasjid al-Haram" the Holy Mosque of Makkah.

But the Muslim jurists are not unanimous in the interpretation of this verse. Their different views are as follows :

1. According to the view of Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal and Imam Shafi'i this verse has banned the entry of the non- Muslims not only to the Holy Mosque, but also to the whole precincts of Haram including the city of Makkah.

2. Imam Malik extends this prohibition to all the masjids of the world. He says that the prohibition is based on the impu- rity of the non-Muslims and every masjid in every part of the world deserves to be immune from such impurity.

3. Imam Abu Hanifah interprets the verse in a quite different way. He says that it is not the non-Muslims that has been banned by this verse, but the context of the verse suggests that the non-Muslims have been forbidden from performing Hajj and Umrah. Before the revelation of this verse, the pagans of Arabia used to perform Hajj and Umrah. Even in the 9th year after Hijrah, when Abu Bakr (R.A) was made the leader of the Hajj a large number of the pagans of Arabia perf- ormed Hajj with him.

On this occasion the Surah of Bara'ah was revealed and their Hajj and Umrah was totally banned with effect from the next year. The Holy Prophet ( Sallaho Alaihai Wasallam ) sent Sayyidna 'Ali (R.A) to announce his prohibition in the plain of 'Arafat where he conveyed the injunctions of the Surah al-Bara'ah to all present in that Hajj. On that occasion he did not announce that the non-Muslims cannot enter the Holy Mosque after his year. Instead, he announced :

"No Associator shall perform Hajj after this year." Keeping in view the context of the verse of Surah al-Bara'ah and this historical background, Imam Abu Hanifah has not taken the verse as a prohibition against the entry of non-Muslims into the limits of Haram or into the Holy Mosque, but has confined the prohibition to the performance of Hajj or Umrah only. It means that the non-Muslims cannot.

Source: Miscellaneous

As far as I remember, there is no such Aaya in Quran or any Hadith that prevents the admission of Non-muslims in the Makkah or Madina. It is a known fact that non-muslims were living in the two holy cities not only in the time of Muhammed (PBUH) but also after several hundred years of his death. Correct me if I am wrong, but to the best of my knowledge, this is a Saudia Law not an Islamic law that non-muslims are not permitted in Makkah let alone in Haram.
I would say you're right.

But he wanted entry into the pilgrimage, not just into Makkah. The Saudi law into Makkah can be debated, the Islamic laws about marriage are quite clear.

Why non-muslims are not allowed to enter Mecca...Watch out Zakir Naik!

Pakistanis cant think like Indians. We including Indian muslims are very much different from Pakistanis after 60 years. In india Hindus like me celebrate Id and My muslim friends celebrate Ganesh chaturthi. Comes with me to hindu temples.
Its our pride that we are getting over the cast system and we have successfully came out of it in Urban India . In my opinion, religions are made up of those people who follow the principles rather to those who are born with it.
India is quite matured in this respect ,Pakistan has to go long way from here.

Yes I know that many Indian "Muslims" perform Hindu rituals with their Hindu friends, I've met some Indian "Muslims" here in the US.

According to Islam, a Muslim who performs Hindu rituals like celebrate Ganesh chaturthi or do pooja in Hindu temples, he/she is not considered Muslim anymore.

These are the teachings of Islam, please respect our teachings. Not only Pakistani Muslims believe this but all Muslims around the world believe this. Its part of Islamic teachings.

Even men shouldn't marry a Christian/Jew. Its frowned upon and its just there as an exception not the norm.

True but I think if Omar Abdullah's wife happened to be Christian/Jewish they would've let him perform Umrah.

Pakistanis cant think like Indians. We including Indian muslims are very much different from Pakistanis after 60 years. In india Hindus like me celebrate Id and My muslim friends celebrate Ganesh chaturthi. Comes with me to hindu temples.
Its our pride that we are getting over the cast system and we have successfully came out of it in Urban India . In my opinion, religions are made up of those people who follow the principles rather to those who are born with it.
India is quite matured in this respect ,Pakistan has to go long way from here.

I couture with omar1984 about some Muslim celebrate Ganesh chaturhi. This so called half baked Muslim lost their faith and already became Musrik. This not about Pakistan rather whole Islamic world will endorsed about this Musrik..........:agree:

Either Omar Abdullah an Ignorant or acting like one. If he is a Muslim than he should know that it's haram to marries a non Muslim and this marriage stays haram until she voluntarily convert to Islam however there are some exception about women of the books. He should perform a touba and find way to make his marriage halal before considering to go to Makkah.

What up with this Moran marring non Muslim as if there are no Muslim women to be found???

None Muslims aren't allow to go Makkah and Madinah because these are holy cities for Muslim and only Muslim can appreciate the mercy of Allah and that should be enough explanation. These aren't holiday spots that a non Muslim need to go there to hangout.

Last edited:
Disgraceful on part of Saudi Arabia. Omar is a Muslim, whether is wife is or not is not the issue, nor it should be.

And if Saudi Arabia is so particular about following Islamic Laws, they should indeed ban those who use credit cards, or their princes who also dont follow the Islamic law precisely.

It is easily observable, that the orthodox Islam is followed and preached by Saudi Arabia.

Either Omar Abdullah an Ignorant or acting like one. If he is a Muslim than he should know that it's haram to marries a non Muslim and this marriage stays haram until she voluntarily convert to Islam however there are some exception about women of the books. He should perform a touba and find way to make his marriage halal before considering to go to Makkah.

What up with this Moran marring non Muslim as if there are no Muslim women to be found???

Omar liked a girl, thats it, religion cannot and should not and will not limit his freedom to chose his life partner.

Reactions: dbc
Omar liked a girl, thats it, religion cannot and should not and will not limit his freedom to chose his life partner.

Not everything in life works out like a cheap bollywood film.

The teachings of Islam is reality. Bollywood is fantasy, and please tell your Bollywood writers not to bring Pakistanis into their cheap haram story lines.

Disgraceful on part of Saudi Arabia. Omar is a Muslim, whether is wife is or not is not the issue, nor it should be.

And if Saudi Arabia is so particular about following Islamic Laws, they should indeed ban those who use credit cards, or their princes who also dont follow the Islamic law precisely.

It is easily observable, that the orthodox Islam is followed and preached by Saudi Arabia.
Ever heard of Islamic Banking? There are people who use credit cards that does not involve any interest.

Quite frankly the pilgrimage to Makkah is a testament to the fact that you abandon all unislamic ways. You're presenting yourself in front of the proverbial house of God. Seriously for any believing Muslim who has broken the foundations of marriage should not even think about coming to the Kaabah unless for repentance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom